[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dragon's Dogma is 25% off on Steam right now. All I've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: dogma.jpg (49 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
dogma.jpg
49 KB, 250x250
Dragon's Dogma is 25% off on Steam right now. All I've heard about it is one friend recommending it because "It's like Dark Souls, you love that game!" kind of shit.

Thinking of buying it, not sure if I should spend my shekels or save.

Sell me this game.
>>
>>332339635
>duhh hey kids this game is 25% off there's a sale going on right now
>*compares it to whatever kids these days like.. that one Dark Spirits game, yeah. it's just like that!
>not sure if I should get it though... I'm too lazy to sell you guys on it myself, so why don't you do that for me?
>convince me I should uby it herrr
>>
>>332340886
>shill maymay
>>
>>332340886
Are you happy with yourself anon?
Also bump cause I was about to make a thread like this
>>
>>332341163
>the "shills are just a meme" meme
>>
it's fun if u like mythological shit
>>
>>332339635
Don't buy it, it's nothing like Dark Souls really. It's a mediocre game with a few great moments. Combat is meh. There is a cool long dungeon though.
>>
>>332341291
You think capcom would employ shills, when they literally sent this game out to die three times, with 0 advertising?
>>
>>332342402
>combat is meh

I cannot comprehend what is considered "good" to some of you guys here.

Like, I'm not having a go, I legitimately cannot perceive how DDDA combat can be considered "meh" if you like the genre. Please explain, anon.
>>
Don't go into it expecting it to play like Dark Souls
It is a really fun game though
>>
>>332342402
>>332339635

Pretty much this OP. Few token things, but about a 20/80 - fun/bland ratio.
>>
>>332339635
I loved it and I hated dark souls.
>>
I'm not buying it and if you reply to me to bump the thread then you are a shill too.
>>
>>332342560
>You think capcom would employ shills,
Absolutely.

>when they literally sent this game out to die three times, with 0 advertising?
Now are you counting viral advertising in that figure? Cause, you know, that counts.
>>
It was a great console game years ago. It's just an alright PC game nowadays though. Graphics are dated, the hardware limitations hold it back a lot. Like in Gran Soren 98% of doors are locked and inaccessible. Out in the overworld mobs will just spawn out of nowhere and just path around like in an MMO. Theres very little mob diversity too. BBI introduced a few new ones but theyre mostly just reskins. The combat is good but everything else is overrated in my opinion.
>>
>>332339635
Stronger RPG elements that most shit nowadays
Few good mods that fix annoying game mechanics (e.g not being able to wear mage robes as a warrior class)
Has a "NewGame+" kind of mode that lets you keep everything from the previous playthrough as you do the same thing again with tougher enemies but more rewards.

Be warned if you buy it there isn't any fast-travel, there is however an item called an "Eternal Ferrystone" which you get given to you free of charge (was a DLC item I think) - you can place "Portcrystals" around the world and fast travel to them, they'll also carry over to NG+.
Also there's some shitty physics, the cloth physics are good but the higher your framerate the worse the get, 60FPS seems to be the most tolerable.

All in all it's a great game despite it's age, a good port as well despite the cloth physics thing. I'd certainly pay full price for it, good amount of re-playability
>>
it has fun class-based system. Good game to just run around and fuck shit up in. Playing on hard mode is very intense.

I think the big selling point of the combat is that there is always a tactical advantage you can exploit, whether it's burning a hydra's neck wound so the heads can't grow back or paralyzing a cyclops with lightning so you can climb up and stab its eye.
I feel like it would be easy to get caught up in just mashing attacks and forget that there are some cool things you can do with the combat. I doubt most people even know how to do the technique pawns use to grapple an enemy so someone else in the party can hit it(Or use this to kick them off a cliff).
>>
>>332343032
It clearly hasn't worked very well considering it's being outsold by indie games, and had a frontloaded sale, meaning the buyers were mostly people who already knew about the game.
>>
>>332343032
Or some other company, like Google or Steam.

>>332339635
OP since you have been living under a rock I think you should know that game has always been available, for 100% off, on the internet, since forever. Steam is a sucky platform; stop supporting them financially.
>>
pirate it and buy it if you like it, it's that easy

that said, give it a few hours until you've been able to max out a vocation or close, you don't get the full picture at the very beginning
>>
>>332343317
No online for piratefags though.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.