[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong? Why was so much content cut?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5
File: warlords-of-draenor-1440x900.jpg (574 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
warlords-of-draenor-1440x900.jpg
574 KB, 1440x900
What went wrong?

Why was so much content cut?
>>
>>332333353

What exactly was cut?

PC broke in 2014 and don't know how / haven't fixed it so didn't keep up with WoD
>>
>>332333863
less was cut as much as it was blizzard promising too much shit like they did so many times before

they learned their lesson with legion it seems, they promised no big features that they aren't actually putting in
>>
Cut content from a cuck studio. Legion looks worse in every aspect.
>>
File: 24345235.gif (3 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
24345235.gif
3 MB, 320x240
>>332334081
>>
>>332333353
Company resources moved to more successful newer revenue generating projects

>but WoW is literally free to make!
Let me just shut you the fuck up before you even start being retarded
>>
The expansion after MOP was obviously suppose to be Legion, but Metzen wanted an Orc circlejerk so we got that

They abandoned it half way through to focus on Legion after they realized how stupid it was, expect them to pretend WOD never happened like Cata, literally Koltira & Neptulon ignore Cata
>>
File: Blizzard fans.jpg (44 KB, 736x543) Image search: [Google]
Blizzard fans.jpg
44 KB, 736x543
>>332334149
Sorry buddy, but it does. Blizzard has done nothing but make garbage since the Activision merger.

Only thing they have going for them is that iphone game. That's it.
>>
>>332334262
I agree a lot with the second part but the first part is flat out false, it's the other way around actually. Parts of the Titan team joined during the dev of WoD
>>
>>332334332
Or when Rob Pardo came in & shook things up, it caused problems, then he fucking left

There was obviously big problems behind the curtains with WOD, it was changed so much
>>
>>332334536
>Pardo tries to make the game not shit
>Blizzard doesn't like that
>They fire him
Rob Pardo was the only chance WoW had at being redeemed and it's gone now.
>>
>>332333863
>What exactly was cut?
Faraholn
Bladespire and Karabor as capitals
the rest of Shatrath
garrisons having content instead of bein non-p2w Farmville
a bunch of raids
>>
>>332333982

Developers seem to do this a lot. Gw2 is under major fire right now because they're not delivering on some of the stuff they promised (legendary weapons).

I just don't trust anything developers say 100%. Not sure why people haven't learned to do this yet. Wait till you see it being played/live.
>>
File: infernal.gif (122 KB, 120x152) Image search: [Google]
infernal.gif
122 KB, 120x152
>>332334332
it was dumb but logically speaking they justified themselves but centering the story around Gul'dan revival into the current timeline.
It's not like you can just pull him out of a grave, they took the long route to resurrect him and incorporate him into WoW from Warcraft yeah.
>>
>>332334960
It's not always the developers fault either. The bottom line is to never trust someone telling you their product will be great until they deliver it.
>>
I was had just graduated from college when this came out and had a few months off until my job started. I really enjoyed leveling and running the few heroics and highmaul but then they weren't going to release anymore content for months so I lost interest and ultimately stopped playing.
>>
>>332333863

Karabor/Bladespire Fortress as faction capitals
Your garrison could be located in any zone
Renaming followers
Tanaan was supposed to be in on launch
Farahlon
Siege combat in Ashran
Ogre island SW of Talador
Additional content around Shattrath, possibly a raid
Gorgrond storyline was gutted which is why half the zone is bonus objectives
Pet breeding

The expansion has an unfinished vibe to it.
>>
>>332333353

Gotta collect those shekels Jonah.
>>
I can't wait for Legion to crash and burn just as bad if not worse.
>>
>>332334332
>but Metzen wanted an Orc circlejerk so we got that
No, the suits wanted an advertisement for the upcoming movie, so they made an expansion to introduces some of the key characters because even their current game audience doesn't know them since they haven't played earlier warcrafts. They saw a perfect opportunity to appeal to the TBC nostalgia too which was just icing on the cake

if warcraft movie didn't exist, warlords of draenor wouldn't have existed either
>>
>>332335182

Yeah, that's true. Often when I say developers, I usually just mean the entire studio. Including those who are mismanaging the situation.
>>
File: 6ce.png (137 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
6ce.png
137 KB, 350x350
>We were suppose to go through Kara to get to Draenor (would explain Prince Malchezaar having Gorehowel somewhat) There was no Dark Portal
>Medivh was spotted in the Alpha with Gul'Dan, possibly pulling the strings & maybe final boss?
>Yrel was suppose to be Archimonde or Kil'Jaeden's daughter
>Orgrim's storyline was cut when Gorgrond was gutted & merged with the scraps of Farahlon
>Laughing Skull Clan
>Like Orgrim, Kargath's story was cut when Spires was gutted, he also survived in Highmaul in the Alpha
>No Orge continent with the Gorian Empire
>Ner'Zhul, the fucking Lich King killed in a 5 man dungeon
>>
>>332336435
*Laughing Skull Clan's story cut short since Farahlon was cut

Also i wonder if Kirin Tor being in Farahlon/Draenor originally had something to do with Medivh
>>
>>332336621
>Also i wonder if Kirin Tor being in Farahlon/Draenor originally had something to do with Medivh
they were the other mages that followed Khadgar
>>
>>332335454
>Shattrath
It was suppose to be a raid

I wonder if they will pull only 1 raid patch again in Legion, or maybe it will end with Gul'Dan, no content patches, fuck you
>>
>>332335946
Legion looks decent but one of it's biggest weak points is the fact there's only like 4 zones on the whole map for leveling.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.