[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Zelda U /hype/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: 1409547822958.jpg (46 KB, 500x430) Image search: [Google]
1409547822958.jpg
46 KB, 500x430
So an anon just made a thread trying to garner discussion but it 404'd before I could reply. If you're still here anon, this is why your thread failed.:

Because the picture you used is more interesting than your thread topic and once that's done being read, everyone closes your thread because you have nothing worthwhile to contribute.

If you want to start a discussion post a magnet topic such as:

So we know that the Happy Mask Salesman is coming back in Zelda U. What masks from Majora's Mask would you like to see return? What kind of new mask powers would you like?

Or

Zelda U will be the size of Kyoto. Aonuma has said they're using Twilight Princess as a base and fixing what it could not do, which was lack of content as Miyamoto has said. Does this mean this will be the biggest game ever made content-per-square-ft-wise?

OR...

Aonuma has said that this game aims to use the "special sauce" from Ocarina of Time. What condiments, so to speak, from Ocarina of Time would you like to see return in this sauce? Pic related.
>>
having masks incorporated would be interesting. powers like they do in MM might be interesting, but a game based around that mechanic was already made so i don't think we should get another one of course
>>
>>332331717
>Aonuma has said that this game aims to use the "special sauce" from Ocarina of Time. What condiments, so to speak, from Ocarina of Time would you like to see return in this sauce? Pic related.
That is literally the opposite of what he said.

He said that all Zelda games till now have followed the Ocarina of Time formula, the OoT formula being the 'special sauce', and Zelda U will not be doing that and instead its special sauce will be WRPG design.

https://www.vg247.com/2016/03/10/expect-something-new-with-the-legend-of-zelda-wii-u-says-aonuma/

The Japanese generally do the WRPG formula better than the west, so I'm hopeful.
For example:
>Dark Souls and other Souls games
>Dragon's Dogma
>Xenoblade X
>>
That was my thread and it 404d because no one on /v/ cares about Zelda anymore. There are like 30 of us and we comment in the Zelda threads but I swear it's like the same group every time.
>>
>>332332123
Yeah, the fact they're moving away from OoT is the most exciting part to me.
>>
>>332332123
he sort of implies that he's planning on going down the path of a WRPG, design-wise, however he compares japanese and western foods and LoZ has never really been similar to that of traditional JRPGs so we shouldn't jump to conclusions. the game's an action RPG, and any extreme changes would be a bit unsettling for people. however, i have suspicions that they might do something in the way of quest systems, etc. and maybe even a leveling system, i think, would make things a bit more interesting and add a bit of depth to the game. a quest system and having quests beyond the main quest would make for big opportunities to expand on the world and game's lore, etc.
>>
File: bump.gif (90 KB, 350x400) Image search: [Google]
bump.gif
90 KB, 350x400
bumping again. i want to see what other people think of zelda u and/or what people's hopes are for it
>>
File: 1445978575327.jpg (450 KB, 1000x1014) Image search: [Google]
1445978575327.jpg
450 KB, 1000x1014
>>332334698
I hope link is cute
>>
>>332335181
i hope so too, anon
>>
Did they every confirm that monolith are helping
>>
>>332338027
Quick search on google tells me they are
>>
bumping again
>>
more of the other races, i am tired of seeing the same face race all the time, i want to see more zoras, gorons, kokiri, sheikah, gerudo, etc.
i want to know the origin of the sheikah and the war that killed them
>>
>>332341551
this honestly. the more racial diversity could play a big role in shaping the story, too, if they choose to
>>
I would love some sort of system where you can do optional side quests in order to power up your character/gain new items. I also want loads of optional dungeons, maybe even some sort of randomized dungeon. Guilds would be cool as well for the purpose of gaining new combat items
>>332341737
>more racial diversity could play a big role in shaping the story, too
you almost triggered me until I saw you meant Gorons and Zoras & shit.
>>
File: 1455761309529.jpg (155 KB, 1128x873) Image search: [Google]
1455761309529.jpg
155 KB, 1128x873
>>332342717
got a problem with niggers?
>>
>>332343575
yes
>>
i kind of want kaepora gaebora back along with the whole "switching which choice ends dialogue" thing simply because i know people will get pissed by it
>>
>>332344524
>"switching which choice ends dialogue" thing
what
>>
>>332345541
"did you understand what i said?"
>yes
>no

"do you want me to repeat what i said?"
>yes
>no
>>
>>332341551
honestly not sure that more races is a good idea. They tried that shit with SS and it fell flat on its face.

Then again, they made the Rito's in WW work well. I think they should be sparing.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.