[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are videogames art? The answer is... Shadow of the Colossus
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (992 KB, 828x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
992 KB, 828x1200
Are videogames art?

The answer is...
Shadow of the Colossus and Bloodborne

Can we all agree?
>>
no
undertale is
>>
>>332332608
haha wtf that's just a bunch of pixels, are you serious?
>>
If movies are considered art as a medium are all considered movies art?
>>
No.
Nurse Nancy: Alien sex rooms is the only game that should be considered art
>>
>>332331389
Casual games like Bloodborne cannot be hard since they are compromised for making money
>>
Why couldn't it be ?
It has visuals, musi, storytelling (those three are arts) and adds something new : Gameplay.
Vidya is an Art and has some major pieces, but like painting not everyone agrees on the beauty of the titles.
>>
>>332333084
(You)
>>
Yeah BB was GOTY 2015. It's marvelous.
>>
I would much prefer if we dropped the whole "art" - thing when discussing games.

Like, fuck... define "art" before you start threads like this.
>>332333084
Who said anything about it being hard though?
>>
>>332333084
Actually money is how the art steers work.
>>
Literally all games are art
>>
>>332333737
I wrote a word for another, it was supposed to be "art", not "hard".
>>
>>332334393
So under that logic most of the art made during the Renaissance is not art because it was payed for by the rich?

The Mona Lisa was a commission, are you saying that it isn't art?

Don't be retarded, art will always be backed up and made for money, this is why art only thrives in areas where there are lots of rich people.
>>
Shadow of the Collosus is a neat tech demo but a pretty poor game
>>
I think they're more like science projects with artsy icing on the cake.
>>
>>332332683
/v/ can hate Undertale all it wants but undertale had a better narrative and better character devellopement that the sum of the last 5 years of games.
>>
>>332335442
Its litterally art made interactive.
>>
File: CdVekPmUEAAvC2p.jpg_large.jpg (275 KB, 1024x1486) Image search: [Google]
CdVekPmUEAAvC2p.jpg_large.jpg
275 KB, 1024x1486
I actually recently found a alternate version of that art.
I thought it was neat
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.