[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
With or without tank controls?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: resident-evil-hd-logo-31.jpg (388 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
resident-evil-hd-logo-31.jpg
388 KB, 1920x1080
With or without tank controls?
>>
Oh yeah, how are the ports by the way? Was thinking of picking this one and 4.
>>
File: REmake Jill fireplace room.jpg (428 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
REmake Jill fireplace room.jpg
428 KB, 1920x1080
>>332330518
With. The casual 2D controls just make the game MORE clunky; enjoy running towards the danger you were escaping from, constantly, if you use them.

>>332330609
They're great, all around.
>>
Anyone not using tank controls should kill themselves
>>
With and on keyboard.
>>
>>332330609
>re4.
remember to grab the newer Ultimate HD Remaster version. Not the old ~2007 PC port.
>>
With. It was designed with them in mind and the game is simultaneously too easy and very annoying to play with the new, casual controls.
>>
tank controls all day erry day
>>
Tank controls are annoying as fuck to use, but RE is designed around it so I'd end up using them just to preserve the experience.
>>
>>332330518
As much as I hate tank controls and the people who advocate them, they work best here and the game was built for them.
>>
>>332330609

If you mean the steam versions, REmake and RE4 are great. Be sure to tell REmake to display in 4:3 since trying to play in widescreen stretches the prerendered backdrops and makes them look like shit.
>>
Playing 0 HD. I've played it before but never finished it. I'm finding it a lot harder than REmake or any other RE game. Having a lot of trouble getting past zombies without killing them.
>>
>>332331692
>Having a lot of trouble getting past zombies without killing them.
there's your problem.
>>
>>332330518
Depends. Have you ever played it or any other classic RE? If the answer is 'no', you might want to attempt with the new scheme until you can get a feel for the game's layout. If the answer is 'yes', why the fuck are you even asking? Of course you should use tank controls.
>>
>>332332096
Yeah, but in REmake I could effortlessly avoid most zombies. Not used to this.
>>
>>332333296
>but in REmake I could effortlessly avoid most zombies
did you use Alternate controls by any chance? If so, then no wonder.

Otherwise, especially on Normal / Hard difficulties, it's quite challenging to skip most zeds.
>>
>>332333524
No, tank controls. In REmake you just walk up to them and back up and they lunge and get stunned for a few seconds.

In 0 the stun window seems so small you can't do anything with it.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.