[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anybody playing this dead on arrival game still? When the fuck
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6
File: Gigantic_HorzBanner_Naga_02.jpg (414 KB, 1500x1026) Image search: [Google]
Gigantic_HorzBanner_Naga_02.jpg
414 KB, 1500x1026
Anybody playing this dead on arrival game still? When the fuck will Motiga bring Pakko back?

I was expecting the Margrave nerf to be pretty devastating but he's still great.

That hero that got leaked on one of the dev streams looks fucking lame.
>>
File: 7jEggJl.jpg (759 KB, 1900x1029) Image search: [Google]
7jEggJl.jpg
759 KB, 1900x1029
leaked portrait for the 0.5 other people who give a fuck about this shit.
>>
>>332326365
i still play this daily, fucking love it
>>
>>332326365
>Pakko

who?
>>
>>332326701
>daily

you gotta add me up homie I'm in the same boat with you

Who you play?
>>
File: c0u07l4szwu9.png (2 MB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
c0u07l4szwu9.png
2 MB, 800x800
>>332326761
This tumblr yeti

He was a fucking beast that was playable for a week, they said he was a prototype but he seemed to have worked perfectly fine aside from using Margraves voice files. It was pretty great hearing

>MY POWER GROWS

Coming from this fucker.
>>
>>332326365
Probably still have less than 50 matches played, but it's pretty fun. I enjoyed playing Vadasi, but they keep nerfing her literally every patch, even though barely anyone even play her.
>>
I got my Xbox to freeze once playing this game. Kinda got me pissed.

Cool game though.
>>
>>332326817
margrave and hk206
a little bit of sven too
>>
It was kind of fun for a bit but there's no reason to not just roll around as a full team group the entire match. You can't kill enemy monsters by yourself, a single persons attacks are pretty pitiful compared to total healths, so it's very hard to kill an enemy one on one unless they're very very overextended because they can just walk back to safety. I imagine it'd be more fun with a pre-made group but no one I know wants to play it, even if I give them a beta code.

Battleborn was more fun than this, but that has a 60$ price and will still have microtransactions so that'll be as dead as gigantic too. Paladin's is mediocre and feels like a chinese knockoff.
>>
File: SPLASH KICK.png (434 KB, 708x840) Image search: [Google]
SPLASH KICK.png
434 KB, 708x840
>>332327027
I wasn't too into her but wanted to mix up my support character once in a while from Sven, and while she's a fucking chore to play, giving your mates the edge in 1v1s is really fun. My condolences to everyone who plays dedicated healers in these games, it's definitely the fucking babysitting role in this game.

>>332327076
>Margrave
>Sven

Top taste nignog, HK is apparently pretty amazing. Had fun with him when he was in rotation and almost have enough crowns to keep him.

>>332327418
Paladin looks like fucking shit, but being an artfag I have a huge bias towards the visuals in these games. People say Battleborn is really fun, but I played the story stuff they had in the beta and the writing is enough to keep me away from the game. Is the multiplayer aspect free of this garbage? There was some legit cringeworthy dialogue from what I played. I probably should've just went in and tried the vs stuff first.

Should I give it another try?

As far as the monster killing part, you can take out enemy creatures with certain characters; Tyto, Tripp, Sven, Margrave and Beckett are all capable of killing creatures (young creatures at least) on their own. The problem with rolling with your crew a whole match leaves other objectives free to get fucked over. A lot of people don't understand this and insist on killing the enemy while they spawn camp, instead of deviating and taking their objectives from behind.
>>
>>332327935
Paladin's is shit. It's mediocre at best.

Battleborn doesn't have a beta up afaik right now, but I havn't really looked into it since the CBT a while back. I liked the gameplay more, and the leveling/upgrading was much faster and smoother. People were killable quickly and it wasn't as easy to just turn and run away. There are some chars in gigantic that are almost literally uncatchable unless you have some hard CC (like stuns) and they're not that common.

Just roll as your whole crew to the objectives. With 5 people you can kill enemy monsters faster than they'll be able to kill yours. You'll easily hold the most objectives, steamroll the enemy because 9/10 times they're not gonna think to try and get a few pick offs before all attacking at once (it's fuckin pub ques with no ranks, it's a fuckin mess). I'm sure a well coordinated team could beat that but there's no such thing at this point in the game.
>>
File: winter bloomer.png (700 KB, 1602x933) Image search: [Google]
winter bloomer.png
700 KB, 1602x933
>>332329060
Public queues are definitely a fucking pain, and while I don't mind playing with people who are new to the game, I wish there was a chat in the fucking hero select screen at least so we can balance our team out better.

You're right about characters that can just get away for free provided they don't waste their stamina and preserve their moves.

>Sven
>Voden
>Tripp
>Tyto
>Margrave (if coordinated well enough)
>Wu
>Mozu

Can all get away for free if you have half a brain and don't get hit with some CC shit. It's not so bad for a lot of them since they aren't all exactly tank-y. The recent patch changed matchmaking to take rank and parties into account when pairing up players.
>>
>>332330023
The chick with the jetpack gets away so easily, it's infuriating.
>>
>>332330127
Oh right how the fuck did I forget about Beckett? Yeah her jetpack is insane, and only a few characters can really pick her off (but they can do it pretty well), Imani, Charnok, Beckett herself, Mozu and granny come to mind. Voden and Sven can try but they have to lead in their shots and really know where's she's gonna be to actually hit her.

By the way fuck Vodens who sit back and try to snipe like they're Imani, get on the front line nigga god damn
>>
>>332330508
The most frustrating thing is not being able to kill anyone by yourself unless they're afk/very far away from team mates. I can't count the number of times I outplayed/caught someone out only to have them waddle back to safety as I whittle away at their hp despite being full damage build.

The game makes it feel like individual skill doesn't really matter. I understand it's a team game and that you should be encouraged to cooperate with your team mates, but when 80% of the time numbers beat skill (even if it's just 2v1) is frustrating and makes me not want to play the game anymore.
>>
>>332331313
Who do you play? Killing for some matchups is expending all of your moves to take a guy out, some 1v1s are just impossible depending on the matchup, and some are free wins. My experience with Margrave has taught me he can demolish Tripps in a 1v1, Tyto isn't too much of a problem 1v1 either. Xenobia is a losing battle if she has her push projectile and her slowing field (which you can doge out of provided you have the stamina).

A lot of times 1v1s aren't even worth your time, the game is about capturing objectives to power up your guardian as opposed to killing enemies, and while killing an enemy is helpful (and INCREDIBLY satisfying), it's not the point of the game, and if I remember right doesn't grant the most power to your guardian.
>>
Fucking awesome game
>>
>>332326365
uninstalled this shit yesterday just sitting on my desktop because i cant find a game

oh and a few threads about rumours of the game losing funding
>>
>>332332296
That was probably because you didn't update it. They fucking did away with their launcher because of the W10 store move and as a result a bunch of people are like WE CAN'T FIND GAMES WHAT'S HAPPENING. Unless you actually did update and couldn't find games, which is weird because I played a few matches at 1 in the morning just today.

But yeah they all got laid off and are working for nothing right now supposedly.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.