[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So there is a huge war going on now in EVE Online. https://
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 13
File: eve.jpg (565 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
eve.jpg
565 KB, 1920x1080
So there is a huge war going on now in EVE Online.
https://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/4c5j4j/the_first_great_war_in_2_years_has_started_in_eve/

http://pastebin.com/n0tsAziN pastebin so you don't have to go on reddit.

Why haven't you subbed yet and joined a corp to take part of a war that will shape EVE for years to come? Don't you want to take part of all of this? Just a fucking shame it requires skill training and skill training and so on before you can actually have fun. EVE sounds better on paper than in reality what do you guys think about EVE?
>>
>>332319339
I wish I could in to EVE, I really do. 4-5 months of trying was enough for me.

I'll enjoy reading up about all the events and war stories while it goes down.
>>
>>332321126
Yeah that is the unfortunate case of many. Looks beautiful, feels so nice flying, sometimes things can be fun but it often wind up being just "log on to train skills" and not really getting to do anything. AFAIK the game has a problem with losing a lot of new players.
>>
>>332321304
Oh yeah for sure, it looks incedible and its really nice just floating in space. I quckly found that there was always a bigger fish, and it was too late for me to have any real freedom.

I could either stay independant and zap asteroids/rats for a living or join a corp and be bossed around the entire time. That barrier is way too much for a lot of people, including me.

But it does make for some great war stories. I especially love hearing about the spy games.
>>
>>332319339
I haven't played in years, got email few days ago that I got 10 free days.
I got in just to set skill training. 300+ days.
So I should be fine in about a year.
>>
Did they reverse the nano nerf, the jump range nerf and jump fatigue? the concord buff and the double ship HP buff? did they bring back privateers and delete all T3 ships? Did they remove fucking incursions and walking in stations?

They turned eve into a casual cashcow because it was the only thing keeping Iceland afloat during the recession. Its a mere shadow of its former self and its fucking embarrassing. the game should have died ten years ago.
>>
File: 1442790822838.jpg (129 KB, 663x657) Image search: [Google]
1442790822838.jpg
129 KB, 663x657
I read that they sort of got rid of zerg warfare, and now guirella tactics and "black ops" in corporations in nullsec are actually viable strategies. How much of this is true?
>>
File: 2016.03.28.19.58.20.png (1001 KB, 2560x1378) Image search: [Google]
2016.03.28.19.58.20.png
1001 KB, 2560x1378
But I'am

>not having multiple pilots past 120mil sp
>>
>>332319339
>reddit
>eve
wow it's fucking nothing
>>
>>332319339
EVE is more enjoyable to read about than to actually play
>>
>>332319339
thanks for the latest reddit news dont know what id do if you guys didnt post your shit here
>>
>>332324097
What did he mean by this picture
>>
File: 1430256591116.gif (3 MB, 300x237) Image search: [Google]
1430256591116.gif
3 MB, 300x237
>>332319339
>>332319339

CCP would make a great deal of money with a team of reporter/writers covering an engrandizing the events that occur in their game universe.

The trailers they've made covering the crazy shit have shown as much.
>>
>>332323691
>>332323691

>Fat ass
>Looks jolly and happy
>Healthy skin
>Loses all that weight
>Suddenly turns into a fucking malnourished 50 year old.

The fuck?
>>
>>332324460
Problem is that it would be lying in a sense. As what's being written isn't exactly very true to how it's actually like.
>>
>>332324575
Under these clothes are only flacid skin.
>>
>>332324575
>Healthy

heh
>>
>>332319339

>Reddit
>Makes a pastebin instead of making a thread with no reference to Reddit.

Reddit really is your favorite site huh? Go fuck yourself.
>>
I don't know what to do in that game, running missions is inefficient as fuck when you can just trade and make a thousand times more creds. And trading is boring as shit, I don't need a second fucking job, I want to have fun. Seems like 95% of gameplay is tedious spreadsheet masturbation to have a bit of fun once in a while.
>>
>>332324836
Because the content itself was on reddit faggot
>>
>>332324575
He looks so pained in the right pic. 20 years older too.
I don't think it's healthy to lose that much weight in just 6 weeks.
>>
>>332324836
you ignored the entire point of the thread to bitch about reddit

whose favorite site was it again?
>>
File: shruginganimegirl.jpg (15 KB, 404x363) Image search: [Google]
shruginganimegirl.jpg
15 KB, 404x363
>>332319339
>So there is a huge war going on now in EVE Online.
Cool, so what?
>>
>>332325052
OP, nigger. Read posts before you make a reply.
>>
>>332325015
>>332325015

I didn't know it was physiologically possible to LOSE 150kg/300lbs in fucking two months. Holy shit. I'm struggling to go from 235 to 190 without the ability to run or strength train.
>>
Could never get into the game, it just seems like everything is about making money and not having fun.
>>
>>332324893
You are pretty much right. I really enjoyed the game was during the first great war when we had a pet indy corp build all our ships for us. I didnt have to worry about my own wallet balance at all. We gave them a few systems in the arse end of 0.0 and kept it safe enough for them and they fucking loved us for it.

there is a diffrent climate in the game now, the only advise i can give you is find someone rich to mooch off. Earning isk in EVE is way too much of a chore and it gets in the way of popping ships.
>>
>Huge war in EVE

That's real fucking neat. I wish I could care more about the game but the gameplay is so fucking boring. I wish they rehauled the gameplay so that it was like Star Citizen/Elite: Dangerous.
>>
>>332325352
>>332324893

Learn to read. He didnt lose all the weight in six weeks, his friend called him a fat fuck for six weeks.
>>
>>332319339
>so you don't have to go to Reddit

Nigger what? With kotaku and shit I understand, but Reddit? Just because 4chan has a hateboner for Reddit?
>>
>>332324642
>he thinks the real news is 100% truthful and doesn't embellish shit at all
>>
Frankly if you're the dominant force in the galaxy and name yourself "The Imperium" in a space game, you're asking for an revel alliance.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsjiIDVMb7M
CHECK OUT THESE LEAGUE VIDS!
>>
someone link me to the article about the two guys who spent 2 years infiltrating a top corp in the game, then when they were promoted to top ranking officers, they liquidated all of the corp's assets and then deleted their accounts

that corporate espionage shit fascinates me, even if its just in vidya games
>>
Doeant this cost monthly?
>>
>>332326728
Yeah but you can earn it ingame easily.
>>
>>332326921
I can earn money ingame? How long do you have to play it per week?
>>
>>332327056
Depends, around 100 hours in the beginnig.
>>
>>332319339
>playing a shit game

If I had to play a shitty game, I'd play WoW.
>>
The framework of the game is wonderful but the actual game is totally empty. Which would be acceptable if the Sandbox play was that great but its still walled in like every other MMORPG. I am not paying monthly for a game they dont actually add content to. If I want to roleplay a space RPG I can meet up with a group and play for free.
>>
File: Considerthefollowing.gif (8 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
Considerthefollowing.gif
8 KB, 600x450
I love EVE in concept but I only like to play MMO games with people I know in real life, I don't want to bother with anyone else, and all my friends except one aren't interested. Me and my buddy played a bit, literally all I did was queue skill points so I could get ready for pvp, got bored.
>inb4 its your own fault you're bored
Trust me I know.
>>
>tfw just unsubbed today

Taking a break.
>>
Reading some of the comments on EVE sites is pretty funny.

>Ill give it 2 months before this mob against the cfc starts infighting backstabbing when they start to lose a fdw fights as history repeats.
>The cfc is a single force and can lose battle after battle and still keep fighting.
>Sooner or later the cfc gets their act together and starts to win fights the self called leet groups against the cfc will make excuses and blame each other and then game over

>I am with you brother it is simply a waiting game. The key to any good conglomerate is have bland and personality lacking leaders. This way you dispose of the need for ego and drive the greater good for all. Lets look at this current line up of all star barbarians banging at our gate. They are less cohesive than a bag of marbles due their introspective and insular perspective. Once we have given them a couple of bloody noses and the low sec alliances have lost a couple of condors they will soon move back to NPC Null Sec and mill around low sec like the drones they are. Its all abit of history repeating itself, all these upstarts should be happy that we allow them to play in Highsec and give them something to aspire to.
>Its good having Alliances to look up to and aspire to be
>Long live Razor, Long live the Imperium
>>
File: 1390930963927.jpg (1 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
1390930963927.jpg
1 MB, 3840x2160
Are there any videos of these fights and battles?
>>
Eve is really interesting to watch and follow through the news that comes out of it. It's boring as shit to actually play unless you've already put immense amounts of time and effort in to get up there in the required skills.

It's also somewhat unique in that to progress in the game (that is, get enough money and/or power to actually do anything that affects other players for more than a minute), you effectively have to get a job.
>>
>>332327286
The game has come a pretty long way since vanilla, TBC, wrath and cata. The game is actually fun these days and there's stuff to do besides grinding.
>>
I like reading about EVE, it's like a foreign warfront where crazy shit goes down, but i don't really wanna be there.
I would love to watch a BBC type documentary, or a Dan Carlin like podcast about all the political stuff and the wars.
>>
Job the game.
Nahh I'm not coming back to EVE.
>>
File: eveee.jpg (120 KB, 1111x639) Image search: [Google]
eveee.jpg
120 KB, 1111x639
Some guy is streaming a huge war going on right now
wwwDOTtwitchDOTtv/zarvoxtoral
>>
>>332327795
Like?
>>
>>332328421
more like virtual job the game. at least in your typical MMO when you do your jobs there is some significant form or interaction or visualization or engagement, not just pretty spread sheets.
>>
>>332328821
Not play EVE Online
>>
>>332319339
You need too much communication with random people to play this game. And I hate that.
>>
>>332327561
Those videos have single digit FPS gameplay. Shit is a lagfest in large battles.
>>
>>332329842
And apparently they have the best servers available too. I think it's a shame EVE's strong point can't even be done properly either without a huge lagfest. Perhaps a solution is to actually limit the amount of people, introduce zones or something
>>
All this shilling right now to start playing EVE to join that war, the only problem is you can't even participate as a fucking newbie so what's the fucking point?
>>
>>332319339
>links to reddit

fuck everything this place has become.
faggots.
>>
>>332330552
Which is why i included the pastebin you enormous faggot
>>
>>332330363
because a single EVE Online player is more addicted to EVE than all of the WoW players put together in the history of World of Warcraft.
>>
>>332330660
>uses reddit
>bu-bu-bu i used paste b-b-bin!

fuck off you lonely fuck
>>
>>332328421
Job implies you get paid.
You actually pay real money so you can work in EVE.
Or at least you pay until you've slaved enough so you can pay to work with virtual money.
>>
File: 1429527664125.jpg (17 KB, 240x320) Image search: [Google]
1429527664125.jpg
17 KB, 240x320
>>332330745
You fucking idiot, i used a pastebin so others here wouldn't have to go on fucking reddit. Reddit just had a description of it written down thus i linked it. Holy shit you faggot fuck off.
>>
>>332328629
And he's being a huge australian faggot
>>
>>332319339
thanks marketer
>>
>>332330745

this guy gets it. We've not transformed into underage reddit 2.0 edition just yet
>>
>>332330728
Let's not forget the average EVE player oozing with edge

>muh PvP
>calling anyone not doing constantly PvP carebears
>muh low sec
>muh null sec
>muh opportunism
>muh backstabbing
>muh dark side

Bunch of psychopaths all of them.
>>
>>332319339
>tfw I've been playing this for 10 years and witnessed the end of BoB
>I'm about to witness the end of Goonswarm as well

Thank fuck, go to hell mittani
>>
>>332330993
>calling people faggots
>uses reddit
>>
>>332325352
Do you know how to read?
>>
>>332331267
I had to take one for the team so you wouldn't have to go to reddit to read it
>>
>>332331252
He looks like a faggot IRL. No wonder he uses his power etc in game so he can finally feel good about himself.
>>
>>332322757
Anon that skill training stops the second your account is unsubbed. It's not like how it was years ago.
>>
>>332323457
>10

maybe 8.
>>
>>332331525
he has a delusion of grandeur, is an extreme narcissist to the point where he thinks hes god of eve

That nigga´s going down
>>
>>332323457
nano nerf has been out ages but to compensate they nerfed webifiers also.

what concord, double ship hp buffs?

privateers?

T3 ships have always been bullshit high end mega endgame bullshit that allow you to effectively take on 10-15 people at once on your own if fit properly.

Incursions have always been an insane amount of income for FUCK ALL risk but I've always felt like PLEX was the biggest cancer.

Walking in stations is more like captain's quarters and it amounts to nothing but a waste of resources. I haven't touched it since they launched it. I remember the door...
>>
Wait, so Mittani left Goonswarm for Imperium AND tried to Kickstart a book? Jesus christ what a sellout
>>
>>332331526
If that's true, I'm never installing this shit again.
What's the point of giving you the ability to queue a year's worth of training then?
They don't really think someone is going to stay subbed just to train skills?
>>
>>332319339
>reddit
>>
File: FF12_political map.jpg (56 KB, 542x359) Image search: [Google]
FF12_political map.jpg
56 KB, 542x359
>dat coalition map

Oh my.
>>
>>332327056
That guy responding hasn't got a fucking clue. There's nothing easy about earning PLEX when you're new. When you're in the game awhile sure you can run incursions and make about 140-150m isk per hour. PLEX cost like 1100 million.

BUT DO NOT EXPECT TO MAKE THIS MONEY IN THE FIRST SIX MONTHS. You will NOT get invited to these high end efficiency fleets with your shit fits and shit skills.
>>
>>332323691

This is actually true. I was in my alliance's special ops/guerrilla squadron (which wasn't hard to get into -- stealth bombers are relatively easy to fly).

It was cool. We'd have people poke around in wormholes until we found out that would bring us to deep enemy territory, then send our stealth bomber fleet to the sector, set a bookmark somewhere in dead space, and fuck up their holdings. We would do this when enemy alliances had their fleets deployed, because they made it so difficult to move fleets huge distances quickly. We'd really just run roughshod on people.
>>
>>332326705
Literally faster to google it than type out this post and wait for a reply.
>>
>>332319339
I would love to play EVE but it's just so boring.
>>
>>332332349
In fairness even back when you could train skills when unsubbed you had no queue so if you trained a 48 day skill lets say like Fighters to V then you were only getting that one skill trained while unsubbed. Which was fair enough if you were near the end of your sub.
>>
>TFW AMARR STILL BLOWS COCKS FOR PVP
>>
does that kind of wars still consist of pushing some buttons only when the FC tell you to do so while you have to endure an unbearable lag that give you all the time to realize that you could _literally_ be replaced by some AI?

After playing in a large corp now I know what some random unit in the typical RTS would feel if it were a real person.
Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.