[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I am planning to get a 2ds in the next few days. I am mostly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: 2ds.jpg (1 MB, 3600x3385) Image search: [Google]
2ds.jpg
1 MB, 3600x3385
So I am planning to get a 2ds in the next few days.

I am mostly planning to only use it for ace attorney and pokemon games, like my veteran ds lite and Dsi.

Now, the question is, what is the difference between a 2ds and the folding 3ds? I don't know the features of the two, and frankly, I just care about the games.

So what am I missing out on for saving 100$? I would like the console to be foldable, but frankly, I can live without that.
>>
>>332316984
One can display games in 3D. The other can't.

That's the only difference as far as I'm aware.
>>
>>332317482
does that even matter in games like pokemon?

Isn't 3d literally the most useless gimmick ever? wtf nintendo
>>
File: HM7NY3b.jpg (100 KB, 600x350) Image search: [Google]
HM7NY3b.jpg
100 KB, 600x350
>>332316984
2ds is harder to fit in your pocket. i heard the screen can break in the middle easily. no 3d.

Thats about it.

oh and if you get one. dont update it. go to /vg/ and check out /hbg/ and hack it up for free games.
>>
I'm also going to buy one tomorrow because of the hackability.

You'll miss the 3D, which you will forget about after 10 minutes anyway, and that it's easier to carry around, but if you play on a handheld on the street you'll look autistic, so just don't do it.
>>
>>332316984
No power saving mode and mono speakers are the main thing. Of course no 3D if you give any shits about that.

It's a great purchase for what you're planning for.
>>
Mono speaker, no 3d, cameras can still take 3d pics but wont display them properly.
>>
>>332317870
>No power saving mode
bullshit on the bottom right of the device there is a sleep mode toggle switch.
>>
>>332317571
I haven't played a single game on the thing where 3D could be considered an essential.

Pokemon is actually locked in 2D most of the time because who gives a shit?
>>
>>332316984
I have this exact 2ds. I updated it to 9.2 with the help from /vg/ I got a 32 gb sd card loaded full of games and a gateway in there with another 32gb micro sd card with more games. I got like 30 games on me at all times fo free.
>>
>>332318119
I got this one
http://www.r4ids.cn/
r4i Revolution 3ds

What games should I get?
>>
I have the New 3DS XL and I wouldn't want to back.
>>
>>332317956
Sleep mode is not power saving mode.
>>
How big of a card am I going to need if I plan to pirate everything?
>>
>>332319191
Who knows? You may only like 3 games out of everything.

Why do piratefags feel as if they need to play and enjoy every game?
>>
File: 607px-Coldsteel+The+Hedgeheg.jpg (76 KB, 607x599) Image search: [Google]
607px-Coldsteel+The+Hedgeheg.jpg
76 KB, 607x599
>>332319191
>pirate everything
First of all, you should be careful not to cut yourself on that edge

Second, there is no such thing. SDcards can only hold so much memory, and the games nowdays are most likely bigger than from the days of NDS
>>
The most important thing for me is that mono speaker. Of course it turns stereo if you use headphones, but still. I prefer not using them while playing.
>>
>>332319360
>>332319468
Okay, what the most a 2ds is compatible with on the pirateable firmwares? I just want to download everything and delete games I don't like at me leisure.
>>
3ds because thst added ability to fold it protects the screens a bit. That and screen protectors and a case. I assume you'll take it places. It's worth shelling out a few more of your hard earned coppers
>>
>>332321018
Actually, I am planning to buy both, just like with my dsi and my ds lite, for pokemon.

Today, I will most likely buy 2ds tho, just so I can finally play AA vs PL, and buy 3ds later when I have the shekels for it and the pokemon games
>>
New 3ds is the way to go, you can pump a much better frame rate out of regular 3ds games with a certain modification. Make sure to go the extra mile and install arm9loaderhax and a good CFW ("good" meaning either Cakes or AuReiNand), you won't regret it.
>>
>>332319816
Everything is a pirateable firmware now. But if you are above 10.5 you will need either a friend with a hacked 3DS + OoT3D or a copy of Cubic Ninja
>>
>>332319468
>pirating is edgy
Kill yourself, moralcuck.
>>
>>332317695
>I heard the screen can break in the middle easily
dunno man I had one before it got stolen and that thing was a fucking brick, I dropped it more than I want to think about and it got some scratches on the edges at most. That thing is really solid.
>>
>>332323119
It's probably because it's just one screen, if it takes a hit to the part that ''cuts'' the screens, it would break it.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.