[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we all agree that the timeline is bullshit. Some are directly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5
File: 18j0yyebco7eqjpg.jpg (279 KB, 800x1092) Image search: [Google]
18j0yyebco7eqjpg.jpg
279 KB, 800x1092
Can we all agree that the timeline is bullshit. Some are directly connected there is no doubt in it but there are others in the series that just don't belong no matter how far apart they are. If any of you feel the same post in your own timeline if you have any.

Here's mine

> Zelda 1 - Zelda 2
> A Link to the Past - Oracle Games - Links Awakening
>Minish Cap - Four Swords - Four Swords Adventures
>Ocarina of Time(child) - Majoras Mask - Twilight Princess
>Ocarina of Time(adult) - Wind Waker - Phantom Hourglass - Spirit Tracks
>Skyward Sword - New Game?
>>
>>332316737
Haven't played a single one in that image.
>>
>>332317839
What did you play the CDI games!?
>>
If you took out the Capcom game and Tri Force Heroes, then the timeline would make far more sense. Those games are the reason the current timeline is a mess since they don't mesh as well.
>>
>>332317963
No I haven't played any Zelda games ever despite having owned both a snes and a 64 previously in life.

I only posted to keep your thread from dying.
>>
Looks fine by me.
>>
>>332318273
Thank you actually. But why when you didn't play any Zelda game if you don't mind me asking?
>>
>>332316737
Zelda doesn't need timelines. So yes. It's shit.
>>
>>332316737
Better timeline coming through.
>>
>>332318972
What about the Mario vs. Donkey Kong series?
>>
>>332318753
I don't hate it or anything if that's what you are thinking. I just never played it, never bothered to.

Now I really don't want to play a 64 emulated game, and the only nintendo console I have is a 3DS that is in need of repair.
>>
>>332319532
It's not that it's just why would you keep a thread open for a series you haven't played.
>>
>>332316737
>timeline is bullshit
>here's mine
>posts the timeline
Good job explaining your issues with the timeline and how your list differs anon, 10/10 post.
>>
>>332320437
Nigga it's better than console war threads. I wanna see where this goes, but apparently it's not going anywhere.
>>
SS>TP>WW
>>
Why does everything need story? Can we just have a good game that plays well and be done with it.
>>
here's how the timeline works, every game takes place such a ridiculously long time before or after any other game that any timeline becomes essentially pointless, because everything about the universe is reset by that point. Maybe oot took place a million years in the future of alttp, so fucking what? It changes nothing about our understanding of the series.
>>
>>332323201
This post is basically correct, if unintelligible. There's so much time between OoT and TP for example that things that happen after OoT are still ancient history in TP, like the Interloper War.
>>
>>332319416
in the middle section
>>
>>332321547
Each are separate entirely as in one list doesn't exist with the other ones in any way. Also Four Swords Adventures was switched entirely 10/10 troll.
>>
>>332324997
>Each are separate entirely as in one list doesn't exist with the other ones in any way.
But that's just choosing to ignore shit the devs have said, like that ALttP takes place before Zelda 1 or that OoT is a prequel to ALttP. We all know SS is the first in the timeline, so why would you even bother to say it need its own timeline separate from everything else?
>>
File: 33nbw6b.jpg (2 MB, 1527x2085) Image search: [Google]
33nbw6b.jpg
2 MB, 1527x2085
>>332318972
HOLD IT!
>>
The timeline is canon. Deal with it, loser.
>>
>>332325263
Because they just don't feel right to me hence my list. I'm not some douche bag who says my opinion is fact or trying to get a petition on this stuff. The list is simply what I would prefer that's why I was wondering if people had their own.
>>
>>332325263
From what we knew in aLttP's history standalone and now being told that was just Ocarina of Time putting both together just warps how each story worked. Ocarina of Time was better off being another universes version of that story instead. It screws with what was originally planned out just for a silly excuse to say both belong together
>>
>>332326449
>Because they just don't feel right to me hence my list.
Yeah but you have yet to explain why you feel that way, that's what the fuck I'm trying to figure out and it probably should have been in your OP.
>>
>>332327223
I posted >>332327216 as you were typing realizing I didn't do any better with >>332326449.
>>
>>332316737
this timeline is alright, the one aounuma posted on the 25? zelda ani was shit, shoving all his special snowflake shit in EVERY timeline, cant wait for him to keel over so Koizumi can take hold of this wreck
>>
I hate this timeline for one reason-

Why is there a split for "if Link loses to Ganon" in OoT?

What if he loses in Windwaker? What if he loses in Skyward Sword? What if he loses in Link's Awakening?
You don't get an alternate ending if Link loses in OoT. You get a game over and try again.

Split timelines are fucking stupid.
>>
>>332316737
Where's Hyrule Warriors?
>>
File: 1459043444311.jpg (101 KB, 1024x730) Image search: [Google]
1459043444311.jpg
101 KB, 1024x730
As a matter of principle I don't take anything after the release of Skyward Sword as canon. That includes Hyrule Historia, ALBW, Triforce Heroes, and Majora's Mask 3D.

Even Skyward Sword is bordering on non-canon for me.

>Impa being blonde.
>the teardrop on her forehead, on the seal of the Sealed Temple, and Ghirahim's cloak.
>the mural that shows all the six Sages elements when in Twilight Princess the six sky characters are borderline indescribable. (Though this is admittedly a nitpick. They could have represented the elements in a variety of depictions.)
>>
>>332328117
I think it is if Link doesn't go into the future yet while getting the stones when he didn't interrupt Ganondorfs schemes so far.
>>
Who cares? Really? Why does it matter? So what if some things are retconned to fit into a timeline. You bitch at nintendo when they don't make a timeline; you bitch when they do. You're the reason they don't listen to the fans.
>>
>>332316737
I only care about the naming. Hero is Defeated doesn't sit well with me
>>
>>332328826
Didn't exist yet. Besides that is just a Dynasty Warriors game with a Zelda skin. The story itself didn't matter.
>>
>>332316737

Except for LttP, every Zelda was blatantly desgined with a connection to some other Zeldas in mind

So no, you're dumb
>>
>>332329483
I never asked one in the first place. Besides I'm fine with how it is my list is just my personal timeline not what it should actually be.
>>
>>332329743
Not Skyward Sword to Minish Cap or Twilight Princess to Four Swords Adventures.
>>
>>332318972
I love this so much.
>>
>>332316737
I love how assravaged the timeline makes people.
>>
>>332316737
Remember everything needs to hinge around OoT because it's the game everyone has nostalgia for.
>>
>>332316737
Your timeline doesn't matter as long as there is an official one.
>>
>>332329194
Denial is unhealthy anon. Whatever bizarre principle is making you take those as non-canon, unless Nintendo says those aren't canon, they can be considered canon in some way(though Triforce Heroes I can give you). Don't lie to yourself. Accept everything as how it is, whether or not you like it.
>>
>>332316737
I prefer to think there is no timeline. But if you're going to insist on one, how the fuck is Skyward Sword last? It literally covers the creation of the Master Sword and Ganon!
>>
>>332331586
It isn't last it is it's own universe separate from all the others.
>>
File: U WOT M8.jpg (53 KB, 732x729) Image search: [Google]
U WOT M8.jpg
53 KB, 732x729
>>332331492
So am I supposed to accept Dragon Ball Super as canon even though it contradicts the ending of Dragon Ball Z since Goku now has no reason to want to train such a weak protege to protect the earth who could never be CLOSE to his level?

Am I supposed to accept RE5 as canon even though there's no way that it can exist because its a fan-fiction that combines both Chris and Jill's routes and also retcons the ending of Assignment Ada?

Am I supposed to accept that Agent Carlson is alive again in the Marvel cinematic universe just because he was resurrected in some spin-off TV series that the writers who make the movies literally do not keep up with?

Am I supposed to accept Naruto the Last as canon when the series is over and it retcons Naruto's character development in order to appease NaruHina shippers?

Anyone who discards their own integrity to accept things because the equivalent of a used car salesman told him "It's in writing. If you buy the car, you gotta buy this too;" is not entitled to tell ME what's canon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZTFxUBwKMw
>>
Where exactly does a link between worlds fit in then?
>>
>>332332914
But RE has always had the Chris and Jill story at the same time fanfic thing. It's the main reason behind RE3 and Code Veronica existing. Also Agent Ada was never canon.
>>
>>332334145
ALttP
OoS / A
LA
>ALBW
>Tri Force Heroes
LoZ
AoL
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.