[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What would take to create a EVO worthy DBZ fighting game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 9
What would take to create a EVO worthy DBZ fighting game?
>>
>>332315006
Probably that one DBZ game being made in Mugen.
>>
Nobody cares about DBZ.
>>
Money

Xenoverse has deeper combat than Pokken yet Pokken is at Evo
>>
>>332315308

Wich one?
>>
>>332316650
>Xenoverse has deeper combat than Pokken

ahahahahaha
>>
File: Hyper-Dragon-Ball-Z-1-630x472.jpg (64 KB, 630x472) Image search: [Google]
Hyper-Dragon-Ball-Z-1-630x472.jpg
64 KB, 630x472
they have one

they play the mugen powered hyperdbz at evo. even do money matches and shit. the dudes update it every evo
>>
goku as dlc in smash bros 5
>>
File: laughinggaypilot.jpg (62 KB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
laughinggaypilot.jpg
62 KB, 854x480
>>332316650

>Xenoverse has deeper combat than -insert game-
>>
Japan would need to go back to making real fighting games instead of making endless Virtual On clones.
>>
>>332316650
AHAHAAhAA
Thanks for the laugh here have a (You)
>>
>>332315006
there is >>332319036
but I think Super DBZ could as well.
>>
>>332315006
>Look at what makes other successful fighting games
>apply concepts to DBZ games
>Tweak them to fit the universe

In all honesty, I think it would be really cool seeing a DBZ game with the precise, deliberate, execution-heavy mechanics that we've seen in other titles. I often think that super smash bros. melee at a high level looks like a really intense fight straight out of an anime.
>>
Define EVO worthy.
>>
>>332316650
It's fucking primitive. I mean maybe it's fun and all but how much of a fanboy you have to be to deny how barebones and primitive it is?
>>
>>332319520

I think the problem is dbz fighting games are just anime simulators meant to make you feel cool, but lacks true character diversity. You learn the game, not the characters.
>>
>>332320019
Same thing holds true for melee though. There's tons of character specific things but learning the game itself is HUGE.
Character uniqueness really would be a problem though.
>>
>>332315006
Limit the roster to prefrieza saga dbz, before it got retarded
>>
>>332320019
>>332320384
DBZ games typically have fuckhuge rosters and do very little to make the characters stand out from one another. You fly around, fire blasts, charge your ki until you have enough to use your super/ultimate attack, and repeat. Playing any of these games in a competitive setting would get boring after a while because every match would play out the same way each time.
>>
Raging Blast 2 is fun
>>
Dbz doesn't have developers that have what it takes. There's like three or four basic fighting styles spread across 100 characters, and since 60 of those characters are sayains, the other 40 become joke characters and its all just fucked.
>>
Make it a 2.5 game, and make it incredibly fast. Like, faster than Melee.

Something with a ridiculously high skill ceiling, to reflect the show.
>>
It's called Super DBZ
>>
>>332315006
Step 1 : cancel Super.
>>
>>332315006
Giving the IP to arcsys and letting them make something.
>>
>>332322415
That could probably do less characters and it wont made better and different ideas for a next game.
All i wish is Burst Limit 2
>>
>>332322460
>Giving the IP to arcsys and letting them make something.
But anon they already worked on a few games.
>>
If it was "EVO worthy" it probably wouldn't have beam struggles and if it doesn't have beam struggles it's a shitty DBZ game by default so I don't care.
>>
>>332322881
I always was curious about beam struggles, what DBZ games doesnt have them?
>>
>>332315006
Literally people playing it and e-sporting the game.

Any crap can become an evo game or have a big prize money event happen as long as the devs push and consolidate a huge community.
>>
>>332322720
They've only worked on handheld titles.
If you gave them money to do a real title it would work. I mean persona got to be at evo.
>>
>>332323619
Quite a few. It's more easy to list the few that do than the ones that don't.

I know Tenkaichi games had them and one of the Budokai games did(maybe 3)
>>
>>332316650
I agree with some of those other guys, the combat is kind of a joke, but I won't lie, there are a lot of advanced moves. If you fought some of the best players(not the spammers, the ones who play like it's life or death) you'd realize that the combat isn't as eays as you thought.

It has a good depth to it that is overlooked because it's extremely basic unless you try and find the advanced shit.
>>
burst limit felt more like a proper fighting game, it's been half a decade since I last played it though.
>>
>>332324325

That's my fave one aside from Super and Hyper Dimension.
>>
Games, Anon? Of course...how else do you cloak your bots, youngsters love to build shit? ;)
>>
>>332315006
They already are EVO worthy considering Smash and Pokken is in.
>>
ps2 game
super dragon ball
>>
Budokai 3 was pretty close to a straight fighter senpai. With a little refinement, that could be main stage at evo.
>>
>>332321198
>Fly>ChargeKi>UseSupers
You obviously have not seen 'pro-level' players play some DBZ games. Shit like Chaospunishment on RB2 isn't as simple as spamming attacks, those niggas are on some other shit.

Just fucking google shit like "DBZ RB2 Delta vs Omega" and just watch the videos on that dude's channel. If you seriously think it's all the same in every dbz game by shooting blasts 24/7 then you are very much mistaken.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (176 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
176 KB, 1600x900
>>332318397
Hyper DBZ probly

3d gimmick fighters should leave
>>
can you integrate a flight mechanic into a fighting game without it being broken as hell?
>>
>>332315006
>take Street Fighter/Tekken
>reskin with DBZ characters
>done
>>
>>332316650
>XV
>local pvp
>>
>>332324721
Fuuuuck. I played this game a good deal, but this shit is next level. Makes me want to play again.
>>
>>332315006
Super DragonBall Z.
>>
there won't be a 'proper' DBZ fighting game made because the devs are constantly trying to make 'DBZ simulators'.
>>
Just take Arcana Heart 3 and change lolis to DBZ characters
>>
>>332315006
First they need a series worth a damn to base a game on.
>>
>>332321803
>only 60 characters are viable
>the whole game is shit

>>332315006
Make it like Tenkaichi 3 but balanced.
>>
>>332315006
Super Dragonball Z
Used to have high level play and everything.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlOur3o5LSs
>>
Take Budokai 3. Balance it a little better and boom
>bu bu tenkaichi is a better dbz experience
This is to make it evo worthy not an imbalanced piece of shit
>>
>>332315006
Wait to end Super, then adding all the characters.
>>
>>332315006
>Take Street Fighter 2
>Recreate with DBZ characters
FGC-approved.
>>
>>332324854
Wouldn't it only be broken if only one character can fly? Like if they made a Dragonball, not Z, Super, or GT, and only Tien could fly because no one else has learned how to by that point.
>>
>>332328183
>there won't be a 'proper' DBZ fighting game made because the devs are constantly trying to make the cheapest game possible.

Fixed. Enjoy more mobile games.
>>
>>332329108
We've been over this before. Tenkaichi isn't imbalanced, it simply has tiers:

Tier 1:
>LSS Broly, SS4 characters, any giant character

Tier 2:
>most characters who can fly

Tier 3:
>joke characters like Grandpa Gohan and Hercule who can't fly
>>
>>332329280
Just make them jump really high and still be able to hit them.

Advanced Adventure was based off of DB and had only Tien/Piccolo fly after all.
>>
An exact copy of Street Fighter 2
>>
Make a "Marvel vs" Style game with only the best characters instead of all 500 of them
>>
It exists. Hyper DBZ
>>
>>332315006
A MvC type of game with DragonBall characters
>>
File: 18005694.jpg (193 KB, 650x919) Image search: [Google]
18005694.jpg
193 KB, 650x919
>>332328805
I actually loved this game, and spent so much time in it because it's the only legit DBZ fighting game (after budokai 3 which is an unbalanced mess).

And the only DBZ where you could play adult Chichi
>>
File: 44118833.jpg (268 KB, 750x1000) Image search: [Google]
44118833.jpg
268 KB, 750x1000
>>332330342
>And the only DBZ where you could play adult Chichi
That was cool.
>>
>>332330342
I loved Budokai 3's canceling.
But its broken because it all comes down to the character with the highest base energy in the game: Omega Shenron.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIqhFOtKoCA
>>
>>332324721
>>332325453
Ok, I haven't played this game at all, but how is that video impressive? It looks like two people just mashing buttons and they rarely even block.
>>
>>332328805
hot damn this game looks incredible
>>
>>332331640
Try its good.
>>
>>332330948
Problem is with both tenkaichi and budokai 3, they are really unbalanced, they weren't thought for competitive play.

And the cancelling is actually broken, it allows for really fun to watch combos, but really not fun to play against or with.

And many new mechanics(such as dodge) that didn't find an actual meaning yet.
>>
>>332331640
It is incredible.

This game was just not made for the casual DBZ crowd, it's actually deep, complex, really varied and wide range of stuff to learn and experience as a fighting game.

You can customize your character so that the person you fight against isn't just playing "a" character, but his own version of that character.
>>
>>332333143
But can't you easily teleport outside a cancel combo?
>>
>>332333494
Teleport = Good timing+KI

No ki = you die
>>
>>332322415
But Beerus is cool.
>>
Balance ruins DBZ fighting games. The entire point of DBZ is power levels, which needs to be unbalanced.

Also, fuck EVO and the retarded fighting community.
>>
>>332333735
Super DBZ was balanced, power levels depended only on how you customized your character.
>>
>>332333735
>The entire point of DBZ is power levels, which needs to be unbalanced.
Only Tenkaichi really went that far.
>>
>>332324686
Budokai 3 and Infinite World had long ass combos due to an exploit discovered with long animation moves and side stepping (side stepping canceled almost all attacks immediately and let you continue a combo as the opponent would still be staggered). IW actually had some combo tutorials showing it off as the developers pretty much embraced this alternate method of fighting.
>>
>>332333735
Some DBZ games, I believe one on the DS and one on the 3DS, actually make characters unbalanced and then give them a stat called "Dragon power", which you can only have a certain amount of on a team. So you could choose between stuff like 3 weaker characters or one strong character, depending on how much dragon power you were allowed to have on a team.
>>
File: 10 Seconds HD.png (581 KB, 1600x1060) Image search: [Google]
10 Seconds HD.png
581 KB, 1600x1060
>>332333668
Ki management is the epitome of skill.
>>
>>332334392
If you could just teleport out of any combo then this would already be broken.
The game is made so that you run out of ki or chose to eat a combo to save ki.
>>
Tenkaichi 3 was the absolute best DBZ game ever. Never fights felt so intense and close to the series.
>faggots crying about muh balance
Imbalance is indeed the only respectable stance on power levels. Having MOBA-tiers of "everyone should be equally strong !" is retarded
Though using the points driven team match is a good idea
>>
>>332335404
>Imbalance is indeed the only respectable stance on power levels. Having MOBA-tiers of "everyone should be equally strong !" is retarded
>Though using the points driven team match is a good idea
Are you fucking out of your mind?
So in your opinion the game is just pure meta and you only pick the most op character (SSJ4 goku as usual) because it's the only viable one ?
Is this how you explain complexity and variety of gameplay?

You fucking idiot.

it's fucking shit, it's the reason people only picked vegito in Raging Blast.
>>
>>332334017
Wasn't that the Supersonic Warriors games by Treasure? GBA one was fun as hell.
>>
>>332335747
>it's the reason people only picked vegito in Raging Blast.
And while i didnt know that the whole time,i was maining Frieza and Piccolo
>>
>>332315006
Well, the big concern is creating an EVO-worthy game at all. If you're paying license fees for the rights to a series, you tend not to have that money to polish the game up to tourney standards. Exceptions do exist, though.
>>
>>332335747
"Though using the points driven team match is a good idea"
>>
I'd prefer they didn't even try
>try to make competitive fighting game
>either its a literal SF clone and nobody buys it or its different and half the fighter fanbase complains endlessly its not a literal SF clone

Skip the bullshit and instead just make a good show simulator
>>
Has anyone played the 3ds dragonball Z fighting game? It's not perfect but it looks pretty cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubLLWG3b5KQ
>>
>>332338078
Most of the characters are assist only.
>>
>>332338078
Best thing about Extreme Butoden, were the sprites
>>
File: tumblr_o13rjiIcdJ1qagjnzo1_400.gif (2 MB, 362x274) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o13rjiIcdJ1qagjnzo1_400.gif
2 MB, 362x274
>>332335747
I'm the one you're replying to. Are you retarded ? SSj4 Goku isn't really that strong compared to others in the OP Tier, thinking of SS2 young Gohan who has every melee attack you need (jump kick, stun punch, rollaround punch) and a spammable 2ki bars kamehameha. So no, you and your dream of defeating Broly with Yamcha can eat cock and get cancer. Also I'm pretty sure you watch this shit DBSuper thing.
>>
File: 1453840149312.jpg (73 KB, 500x480) Image search: [Google]
1453840149312.jpg
73 KB, 500x480
>>332340461
Oh, thinking about it, I think the whole EVO thing isn't really compatible with DBZ. So yeah, I understood what you meant, but fuck power equality in DBZ.
>>
>>332315006
Just remade Budokai Tenkaichi 3
>>
>>332341445
They could just censore it or making some unnecessary thing, like they did with the DBZ Budokai HD Collection.
>>
>>332315006
Make a dragonball fighting game instead, that way you aren't hard pressed to add all the super and ultimate moves and focus more on combos.
>>
XV2
>more characters
>add android and alien race
>ssj hair spikes
>no RNG
>better net code
>more recolorable clothes
>no stats on clothes
>remake ssj like unlock potential
>freezer race transformations
>kid buu form for buus
>fat buu version for girls
Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.