[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Depressed Gamer General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6
File: tumblr_mq46sjzmT51qgbu2uo1_1280.png (75 KB, 800x1197) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mq46sjzmT51qgbu2uo1_1280.png
75 KB, 800x1197
Games just don't capture or excite me anymore.

Sure, a new title will come out and surprise me here and there. But overall games have lost their magic.

Everything just seems so stagnant.

In the last two years there really hasn't been a game that captured my awe or imagination.
>>
Welcome to the brother, club.
>>
I havent even touched half the games I bought since last year
feels bad man
>>
>>332314659
You're growing up. You've played more and more games, which means there's less and less novelty to be had as you've seen it all before.

What I suggest is trying new genres, genres you haven't played, even genres you historically haven't liked. Find something new, and play it, even if you don't like it. After a while, what you used to enjoy will seem fresh again.

Variety is the spice of life.
>>
>tfw the only games that interest me are those where I can spend time at them and get better
Unfortunately, I only ever play fighting games and roguelikes now.
>>
I think the last game it excited me until the end was TW101. I felt like I had 8 years old playing something amazing, and I started to watch some tokusatsu, like Garo and KR: Ryuki
>>
Oh god, I feel this. It's especially bad because I have a mini-backlog of games from last gen I never finished or even played yet - Sleeping Dogs as an example.
>>
File: 1395234931573.gif (3 MB, 320x227) Image search: [Google]
1395234931573.gif
3 MB, 320x227
>play new games
>wonder why they aren't fun
In other news, water is wet.
Play those games that captured your attention when you were a kid. Those will always be great (for you), no matter how bad they actually are.
>>
>just got a PC after not having one for several years
>mfw all these fucking games at a silky smooth 60fps
>>
File: 897756347_l.jpg (34 KB, 441x411) Image search: [Google]
897756347_l.jpg
34 KB, 441x411
>>332315141
Incoming Transmission...
>>
Try a different hobby for a bit. I picked up woodworking. Gonna build a window box so i can have a pepper garden. Did the trick for me.
>>
>>332316063
/diy/ please

making stuff with wood always fascinated me, but I ain't good with my hands
>>
>>332317042
You are not good with your hands because you don't use them
get to learn fag
>>
Play older hidden gems
I'm pretty sure there's great games you haven't played
>>
Get to the shrink and get meds.
Shit is very cash.
>>
>>332317727
this
i recommend Sacrifice
>>
>>332314659
When's another /v/iscera Cleanup Detail?
>>
Of course I can play old games and find hidden gems. That's no problem, I love old games.

The problem is I was hoping there would be good new games at some point.

Haven't been excited for a game since maybe 2011.
>>
File: POOO P O O.png (14 KB, 240x141) Image search: [Google]
POOO P O O.png
14 KB, 240x141
>>332319927
Have you tried eating poo?
>>
I have been playing smash and pretty much nothing else and everything else seems boring. I have a huge backlog of new games I have yet to beat or even play. For some reason I decided to start playing Paper Mario last week, finished it a couple days ago and had a blast with it.
>>
>between the games, anime, and books in my backlog I have enough stuff to do to keep me busy for like 2 years
>don't feel like doing any of it and just keep being bored and wasting my life
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.