[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello /v/ I am posting because I need your advice. I will so
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6
File: xjPi6Th.gif (571 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
xjPi6Th.gif
571 KB, 500x500
Hello /v/
I am posting because I need your advice.
I will soon be starting a new job, it is mostly a waiting job so I will be able to play handhelds most of the time, however I never owned a handheld apart from the old Game Boy Color when I was a little kid.
I was thinking of getting a PS Vita so I searched on Amazon UK for it and this is what I am planning to buy:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-Vita-Slim-version-PlayStation/dp/B00HY546NG/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1459188214&sr=1-1&keywords=ps+vita

Anyway I need some questions answered:
How do you get games?
You have to buy them from the online store and download them or they are sold into memory sticks thingies?
If you do download them from the store then what is the point in Amazon selling Vita games?
Do they sell you a code and you redeem it and then download the game through the online store?
Are there any must buy accessories that I will need that are not included in the box?
Also about games, I am not much of a weeb so I have identified these games while browsing on Amazon, any good game that I might be missing? I cant find any Resident Evil games, are there any on Vita?

Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified
Uncharted: Golden Abyss
Borderlands 2
Mortal Kombat
Assassins Creed Chronicles
Killzone Mercenary
Need For Speed: Most Wanted
Assassin's Creed III: Liberation
Wipeout 2048
Space Hulk
God of War Collection
Resistance: Burning Skies
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection Playstation
Silent Hill: Book of Memories
>>
>>332313032

no
>>
>>332313032
as your pic implies, the vita is a weeb machine but its psp mode can be hacked like any psp so i guess you got emulation and stuff
>>
>make thread about videogames
>get these as replies

Why do I even bother still coming in here.
I will research and figure this out on my own.
Thanks for nothing.
>>
File: 1453658855085.png (420 KB, 550x618) Image search: [Google]
1453658855085.png
420 KB, 550x618
Not gonna answer all of your questions, but here are some quick pointers

>The PS Vita 2k (the one you're buying) has microusb and a LCD screen compared to the originals proprietary port and superior OLED screen
>PS Vita games take up a ton of space. Invest in at least a 32gb card if you plan on buying a lot of digital games. 64gb cards are around $70-80.
>Games are either physical carts or digital. Sony has good sales on the vita frequently, so it's always best to wait if you're going digital
>There is no way to hack one to the PSP's level
>Don't not under any circumstance buy this if you are not even slightly weeb

Have fun OP
>>
>>332313032
VITA is shit. Simple as that.

>SH: Book Of Memories
Avoid like the plague it is.

>MGS HD Collection
2 games compared to 5 on PS3 (or 8 if you'd get Legacy Collection), running at jumpy fps at 540p

>Boredomlands 2
silky smooth 14 fps.

The games are on both mini-discs and downloadable. Downloadables obviously take your (very limited) storage space.

tl;dr: NO.
>>
>>332314817
So the games sold on Amazon and other online shops come as physical copies?
They give you a memory stick with the game?
What happens if I have all of my downloaded games on my own memory stick and then I wanna play a physical copy do I need to remove and replace the memory stick everytime?
Are the games sold as physical copies region locked in any way?
Are there any good places online to buy the game as codes?
>>
>>332315850
Yes. The only notable exception I can think of is Minecraft
>>
File: 1459190620751-171202178.jpg (2 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
1459190620751-171202178.jpg
2 MB, 2448x3264
>>332315850
Whoops, skipped through your question. Games come on carts, don't listen to this dumbass >>332315271. The only time you ever have to swap your memory card is when you want to change your PSN region.
>>
>>332315980
Yes to what.

>>332315271
>everything i dont like is shit: the post
>>
>>332315850
>So the games sold on Amazon and other online shops come as physical copies?
Mostly yes, just check if it says "digital code" in there
>They give you a memory stick with the game?
HAHAHA no
>What happens if I have all of my downloaded games on my own memory stick and then I wanna play a physical copy do I need to remove and replace the memory stick everytime?
No the memory stick for digital games, patches, and save files
>Are the games sold as physical copies region locked in any way?
Nope
>Are there any good places online to buy the game as codes?
Dunno
>>
>>332316376
>The only time you ever have to swap your memory card is when you want to change your PSN region.

Can you please elaborate on this?
Lets imply I wanna go full digital, I buy the console and then one of these
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-PlayStation-Vita-Memory-PCH-Z641J/dp/B00F27JGVA/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1459190742&sr=1-1&keywords=Sony+PlayStation+Vita+Memory+Card

How many games will I be able to store on average?
How does PSN work?
The games available to buy depend on what region you connect from?
>>
>>332316447
>>They give you a memory stick with the game?
>HAHAHA no

Then if it is a PHYSICAL COPY, under what form does it come?
The Vita doesnt have an optical disc reader does it?
I thought only the PSP had it and they removed it on the Vita.
>>
>>332316829
I have almost 50 games combined, including Vita, PSP, PS1 and PSN games, and I'm only using less than half of the 64gb card. You can only buy games from your regions PSN store, but imported games will still work regardless of region, you just can't buy DLC. If you want to do that, keep a spare card with a different PSN on it.
>>
> start a new job

> immediately planning to be a slacker and play vidya while at work

I don't think you will be keeping that job long.
>>
>>332313032

Wait, you are buying a vita for non-weeb games?

Holy shit, stop.
>>
>>332317305
>keep a spare card with a different PSN on it.

So the PSN informations are saved on the card, not on the internal memory?
Can I actually choose what PSN to connect to?
If I want my games to be in english but I live in europe in a non english speaking country is it possible to have them in english or will they download and install automatically translated?
>>
>>332313032
I only bought the Vita mostly to play PS1 classics and Indie ports.

P4G, Danganronpa, Gravity Rush and VLR were all good too, but all of the Monster Hunter clones don't interest me in the slightest.
>>
>>332317840
Yes, its saved on the card. If you want your games in English, just change the system language.
>>
>>332318284
Oh..okay.
The other guy didnt reply so I'll ask you, does the Vita actually have an optical disk reader like the PSP?
Can it play PSP games?
>>
>>332318775
Yes, but only digital games. There's no UDM slot.
>>
Don't buy a vita. I made that mistake. Trust me you don't want to make it either
>>
File: 1458345718272.jpg (29 KB, 326x318) Image search: [Google]
1458345718272.jpg
29 KB, 326x318
What is with all this Vita hate?
>>
>>332319286
Maybe the fact that 80% of its worthwhile games are multiplats.
>>
>>332319286
it sucked and those of use who spent 300 dollars are pissed that it wasnt supported by Sony
>>
>>332318821
Oh well that is weird.
I just noticed I cant buy the one I linked in the op because Amazon UK doesnt ship it to my country for some reason.
So I went to look on the same online shop where I bought my pc parts and I found they sell both the ones with OLED and the ones with LED screen (named PSVita 2016).
Which one should I get?
>>
File: soul sacrifice.png (912 KB, 960x544) Image search: [Google]
soul sacrifice.png
912 KB, 960x544
>>332313032
>How do you get games?
You buy them.
>You have to buy them from the online store and download them or they are sold into memory sticks thingies?
Both. The physical ones still use digital memory so you need to buy a memory stick. The PS Vita version you have has 1gb os internal memory, but you'll run out fast.
>If you do download them from the store then what is the point in Amazon selling Vita games?
It can be cheaper and they don't use as much space as the digital ones. The price if Vita memory cards are expensive so physical games are preferred for some.
>Do they sell you a code and you redeem it and then download the game through the online store?
If you buy it from Amazon then I guess so. I've only bought digital from the Playstation store.
>Are there any must buy accessories that I will need that are not included in the box?
Not really.
>Also about games, I am not much of a weeb so I have identified these games while browsing on Amazon, any good game that I might be missing? I cant find any Resident Evil games, are there any on Vita?
I don't think there are any Resident Evil games on Vita. Vita hasn't gotten a lot of support for non "weeb" (for lack of a better term) games lately. It's a haven for indie games. Oh XCOM: Enemy Unknown was ported recently. It's a really good game. This seems to have all the dlc packaged in. I have it on PC, but I'm more of a portable gamer so I'm tempted to buy it.

Have this Vita Wallpaper. This is a really good game. Soul Sacrifice Delta.
>>
>>332319884
>I don't think there are any Resident Evil games on Vita
There's Revelations 2, though I don't know the quality of the port. And you can play the original trilogy since it's on PSN Classics.

>Soul Sacrifice Delta
A must have game. If you decide to buy it, OP, be sure to grab it.
>>
File: 1459022955386.jpg (24 KB, 396x349) Image search: [Google]
1459022955386.jpg
24 KB, 396x349
>>332315271
>>332317602
>>332319474
>>332319486

Im gonna buy it Im gonna play it and have fun and there is nothing you fags can do to stop me.
>>
>>332320920
thats fine

dont say we didnt warn you
>>
Not OP, but thinking of buying a vita.

Can you pirate on it yet?
>>
>>332320920
>im not a weeb
>im gonna buy these western games, most of which run like shit or are just plain shit
>and you cant stop me

fuck you showed me. If you were a weeb it would be a different story but you said you aren't. you're wasting your fucking money
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.