[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What was the point of this bullshit black rectangle?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: infrared port.jpg (2 KB, 200x60) Image search: [Google]
infrared port.jpg
2 KB, 200x60
What was the point of this bullshit black rectangle?
>>
>>332311486
Infrared.
>>
Mystery gift in pokemon gold and silver
>>
>>332311486

IR communication

It worked with like two games
>>
>>332311486
>he didn't use mystery gift with his bro next door every single day
>>
Pull it off, its just a security tab from the store.
>>
>>332311486
>>332311567
only on the GB Color
>>
Holy fuck, does my 3ds have one of those too?
>>
>>332311873

Yes.
>>
Nintendo thought infrared was the future.

They were wrong.

Nintendo stopped being the future since 1989.
>>
>>332311486
Mystery Gift for Gen 2 Pokemon
>>
File: yHqQk.jpg (456 KB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
yHqQk.jpg
456 KB, 1536x2048
>>332311486
What was the fucking point of this phone jack port on the Guitar Hero controllers?
>>
http://nintendo.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Game_Boy_Color_games_with_IR_support
>>
>>332312806
Well actually IR became a staple for phones in Japan for quite some time. Though I think now they're doing NFC more.
>>
>>332313247
Also curious
>>
>>332313247
>>332313512

Literally seraching your fucking quote in google you dipshit

>"It's an effects pedal port. It tells you that in the instruction booklet that came with the guitar (ie in the big box, not the one in the game case) and then goes onto say that its not yet in use on the next page. Various sites have also shown the wiring inside the controller to have PEDAL printed on the circuit board which goes to the slot (if further proof were needed).
>This is more than likely for use in future projects like Rock Band / GHIII (I forget which companies are involved with what now, so whichever one continues using this product)
>>
File: karen's money.jpg (102 KB, 1277x706) Image search: [Google]
karen's money.jpg
102 KB, 1277x706
>>332313486
Japan's flip phones were so fucking ahead of their time.
They used mail addresses instead of SMS and exchanged them fast using infrared before NFC was ever a thing.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.