[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
oh my god what is the point of these sequences. you guys lied
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
oh my god what is the point of these sequences. you guys lied to me. you said black flag was a good game and it's just an interactive novel.

even the non forced storymode parts I was just holding down shift+w and the game put me on a rail.
>>
>>332310128
>you said black flag was a good game
What
No
The pirate parts are fun to dick around in for a few hours, the rest of the game is awful assassin bullshit and the completely retarded modern parts that they just insist on putting into their stupid games
>>
>>332310128
It gets good after 10 hours.

Now before anyone replies to me quoting that statement, that's in no way excusable. I know that.

However when you learn to metaphorically tank through the modern sections, get into the storyline and characters, upgrade your ship, and discover a decent amount of locations, then it gets good.
>>
>>332310545
how do i skip the parts with the lady taking me around the mall? I tried running away from her but she calls me on the cellphone and tells me to come back so she can tell me about billboards or some retarded shit.
>>
>>332310732
If you just did them and got it over with you wouldn't be posting here bitching about it.
>>
>>332310870
>just shut up and play a dull game

no thanks. i'm going to try and get a refund. I hope valve doesn't ban me for refunds because this is like the 10th game this year.
>>
http://www.gamesradar.com/why-assassins-creeds-animus-more-just-plot-device/
Article related.
Get a load of this fucking cuck:
>There’s an upside to this, though, and it’s that Assassin’s Creed is supremely comfortable in its nature as a game. The Matrix might have beaten Ubisoft to dropping its hero into a pure white space, but that doesn’t change the elegance of the fact that Assassin’s Creed’s loading screens are just that. Its menus are the same. Similarly, when Desmond is reminded of the basics at the start of each instalment, he scales abstract, textureless geometry. Few games are so barefaced in showing you the building blocks from which their worlds are made, and even fewer have a means to do so.
Mental gymnastics.
>>
>But while the Prince was merely storytelling, the Animus is simulating. It’s a computer program and makes no attempt to hide the fact. This is the irony of Assassin’s Creed: Ubisoft realises its historical settings with unrivalled attention to detail, and then constantly reminds you that they’re fakes. There’s that UI for a start, superimposing flickering wireframe glyphs upon interactive objects. More subtly, there’s the way the series never seeks to find narrative excuses for its limits. It’s practically traditional in Grand Theft Auto, for instance, that some sort of natural disaster or terrorist warning will shut off access to the full city in the early stages of a game. Assassin’s Creed doesn’t need to find organic reasons to prevent the player wandering off. Its walls aren’t even invisible – they’re crackling fissures that demonstrate the simulation’s opposition to your independent action.

No. Ubishits were just too uncreative, lazy, and greedy to bother to include actual, more immersive solutions to things like player death or invisible walls. It's piss poor game design disguised as an attempt to make the game more artistic and worthy of approval of people who don't give a shit about games and whose approval gamers don't give a shit about (but journos and ubishits do because they are so pathetic).
>>
They offed Shaun just as the modern time plot was getting interesting and replaced them with walking simulators.
>>
>>332312620
that's gotta be the single most retarded excuse for sectioning off areas in a video game.You would think that having these "inorganic" reasons for directing the game would give more gameplay if they're not restricted by "organic" plot points. Instead it restricts the same amount or less and isn't really all that remarkable except for being a novelty, which it isn't since there's like 10 games in the series already.
>>
>>332310732
jesus it's like 1% of the game you fag
>>
File: 1456837616231.png (435 KB, 807x700) Image search: [Google]
1456837616231.png
435 KB, 807x700
I feel ashamed for posting Dunkey, but anyone who thinks about buying Asscreed needs to watch this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOgvbS4GkF0
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.