[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
whats fun about dota 2/LoL? When i play this game i always wonder
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 8
File: GuidedBotMatches.jpg (712 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
GuidedBotMatches.jpg
712 KB, 1920x1080
whats fun about dota 2/LoL?
When i play this game i always wonder "What am i missing? what is it thats so fun?"
can some dota/LoL player tell me this..
>>
1. Play with friends
2. You will get hooked since there are so many heroes/champs with different items/builds/playstyles and synergies you are curious to play and experience
3. You will stay because you will find out that mastering the intricacies of a single hero/champ would take a lot of investment
>>
They're nothing more than disgusting drugs. You have a taste and one of two things happen:
1) you hate it and never try it again
2) you love it and become hooked and then you hate it but can't stop

Don't try them and you won't have to suffer as ASSFAGGOTS players suffer, because believe me when I say it, they really do. But like many an addict they will vociferously defend their chosen drug because it's all they have.
>>
>>332304335
doesn't this apply to all online games?
>>
>>332304025

/thread
>>
>>332304501
Yes but the difference being that those games have redeeming qualities. ASSFAGGOTS have zero.
>>
There is a lot to learn and it's quite fun to play with friends.
The problem is that games last a long time and are completely reliant on everyone in your team being good. I wouldnt bother playing unless you have a few friends to play with as solo is awefull.
>>
>>332304335
>They're nothing more than disgusting drugs
I really dont see how they're any more drug like than other entertainment
>>
>>332303706
It wastes a shit ton of time and isn't incredibly boring since adaptive learning is involved, since everyone plays Champs differently with different compositions.

Which is basically all I look for in vidya. Something to pass the time.
>>
>>332304797
doesn't dota have heroes with really fun skillsets?
>>
mastering heroes until you get to the point that you can fuck shit up with invoker or meepo. until you get to that point, you still haven't seen the full extent of fun in this game
>>
File: 1397428637529.png (15 KB, 323x591) Image search: [Google]
1397428637529.png
15 KB, 323x591
Stapped playing over a year ago.
>Cancerous community
>RNG>Skill
>Devs can't balance for shit or take ages to do so
900 hours of my life wasted on Dota 2
>>
LoL is lots of fun, Dota 2 not so much.
>>
File: 1458889082284.png (620 KB, 695x702) Image search: [Google]
1458889082284.png
620 KB, 695x702
>>332305761
>Devs can't balance for shit or take ages to do so
I find it funny when people complain about balance
Because I legitimately cannot find a game with any semblance of balance.
>>
>>332305839
I despise any MOBA, but LoL is by far the fucking worst.
Not to mention you pay for heroes to unlock them.
>>
get good
>>
I think you need to be a tryhard shitter to really enjoy dota-likes.
>>
>>332305928
Wow nice arguments.
>>
>>332305869
Plenty of RTS games are finely balanced (CoH2 need not aply).
>>
>>332306023
name one
>>
File: 1415302451370.png (46 KB, 545x788) Image search: [Google]
1415302451370.png
46 KB, 545x788
>>332305839
>>332305928
Here we go
>>
>>332306015
Ok then, what makes LoL better than any other MOBA?
Being P2P is already a big cancer mark on LoL.
>>
Teamplay
Mindgames
>>
>>332303706
Playing with friends and getting into the competitive mindset.

If you can't get into the game then it'll just be a grindfest to you. But if you actually get involved, work with your team and actually try to win together, you'll have a blast and realize what it's all about.

That's the main problem, however, is that if you don't already have a party with people you know, then playing with randoms will just be an even bigger chore because of:
Peruvians
Russians
and flat out assholes who don't give a damn and play the game like it's Call of Duty (just trying to get the most kills and have the best stats, don't give a damn about teamwork or the main objective, which is to destroy the fucking ancient).

To me, that is what stops dota from being perfect, it's the fact that it makes you rely on other PEOPLE, and people are assholes.
No matter how good you are, you will sit for 40 minutes + just to LOSE a match (and you can't leave or you get punished) because your teammates are fucking retarded. But that's NEVER an excuse, no, your team can never have been bad/jerks, you also suck even if you played 10 times better than everyone including the enemy team.
>>
>>332306060
Men of War: Ass Squad 2
Any Paradox grand startegy game.
Graviteam Tactics.
>Non RTS
Red Orchestra 2.
Verdun.
Natural Selection 2.
World of Tanks (Up to debate since higher tiers get moe unbalanced)
>>
File: Hypernova148.jpg (216 KB, 560x560) Image search: [Google]
Hypernova148.jpg
216 KB, 560x560
>>332306353
>Natural Selection 2
>Balanced

If humans can aim they win

I haven't played those other ones
>>
>tfw played 50 hours of LoL and still shit at it
>>
It's boring as fuck.

Pudge, Invoker, LC.

One of these heroes is GUARANTEED to be in your game.
>>
>>332307259
>Only 50-100 matches
You casual
>>
i'm very bad at dota 2 but i think its really fun. idk what about it makes me want keep playing even though i mostly feed. it's a lot more fun with friends (obviously)
>>
File: 1458525518688.jpg (35 KB, 353x398) Image search: [Google]
1458525518688.jpg
35 KB, 353x398
>>332307330
It's actually interesting.
I play both and see far more hero variety in LoL. Yet you have access to every hero in dota2 and always see those fuckers
>>
The latest patch in dota2 forced your supports to SORT OF know what they're doing, games have slightly increased in quality as a result, though the skill floor has shifted
>>
>>332305839
None are fun
>>
>>332307584
>forced your supports to SORT OF know what they're doing
In what way
>>
>>332307510
>LC
Scales into lategame with ridiculous damage. Shitters love dealing tons of right-click damage
>Pudge
Fun as fuck, keeps the enemy on their toes with wards and shit, satisfying to land blind hooks or sneak one through a wave of creeps. Also is a favourite hero of those cyka blyats.
>Invoker
Is also a fun hero if you can master him. He's also utterly broken right now so is a staple pick.

The regular champs I see in LoL have usually just a slight variation of the same skillset
>scaling passive that has stacks which augment other abilities
>gap closer
>aoe slow/stun/ensnare skillshot
>teamfight ultimate
>>
>>332307937
They can see neutral camp spawn boxes to either pull, stack, block, unblock camps
>>
I don't know why so many on /v/ suck dotards 2 balls so much when it's clearly the inferior moba game.

You always had shit taste.
>>
>>332308201
>moba
Riotshill pls go
>>
>>332308063
>scaling passive that has stacks which augment other abilities
>gap closer
>aoe slow/stun/ensnare skillshot
>teamfight ultimate

That's literally almost every champion
>>
>>332305869
>I play nothing but MOBAs where new champions are released as a cashgrab instead of the existing champions being balanced, since I only have exposure to one kind of video game I generalise it to all and any video game.

Even World of WarCraft arena has a *semblance* of balance.

MOBAs are literally the only type of game that doesn't have a *semblance* of balance, because the developers make no attempt to hide the complete lack of balance. The rationale being 'well just play the overpowered champs, that way we can keep making money by guaranteeing all new champions will be paid for by our hardcore fans because they're pretty consistently overpowered'.

StarCraft is pretty balanced, unless you're a MOBA baby with zero micro. Most FPS's are pretty balanced, unless you're a MOBA baby who's only ever had experience aiming with something that's twenty times bigger than a crosshair.
>>
>>332305761
>Trying to achieve perfect balance is good
No, constant patches that make some heroes OP and some bad are required to not get bored
>900 hours
oh, nevermind. Probably just died to some hero you think is OP and ragequit
>>
>>332303706
>Play LoL with friends
>We just fuck around and ruin games, do stupid builds and shit like all support mid

>Play dota 2 by myself because none of my friends play
>just play custom games like Imba, 10v10, Epic Boss Fight and Element TD
>>
>>332308763
>MOBAs are literally the only type of game that doesn't have a *semblance* of balance, because the developers make no attempt to hide the complete lack of balance. The rationale being 'well just play the overpowered champs, that way we can keep making money by guaranteeing all new champions will be paid for by our hardcore fans because they're pretty consistently overpowered'.
That's Riot's business model to a T.

Valve's too, except the hatmarket generally adapts to reflect the roster of top picks. Item sets for a hero will come out piecemeal until it's a popular pick then the amount of sets will fucking explode and Valve will handily package those item sets into treasures, with shit heroes. Players will then buy treasures until they get the sets for the heroes they want, which are usually the popular broken ones. This cycle will repeat every new balance patch.
>>
>>332304725
>>332304025
1. Oh geez, game is more fun with friends!?
2. No
3. No
>>
File: featured_item_1.jpg (134 KB, 448x253) Image search: [Google]
featured_item_1.jpg
134 KB, 448x253
>>332308181
>>332307937
Forgot mah picture
>>
>>332307510
This is not true.
>Pudge
Only see him in pools with sub-humans in them, and rarely in higher mmr when people tilted out last game and just want to have fun (and lose the game for their team)
>Invoker
We saw like 0 invokers before this patch.
>LC
Same as pudge, but sometimes good in high mmr
>>
>>332305869
Starcraft: Broodwar
>>
>>332303706
1 endless depth, one player can not ever master all aspects and heroes of it
2 each game is diffrent, never the same
3 a gambling random win system due to multiple rng elements and team reliance making it as addicting as any gambling machine, where you skill matters little and its mostly luck on who you get in team
4 simple enough anybody can play

but mostly nr 3
>>
>>332305869
Call of Duty 2 had great balance.
>>
>>332305761
>RNG
the bounces on three skills/500
The duration of chaos knight's abilities
crits/bashes

That's it? I can think of dozens of games with more RNG than this.
>>
File: 1403207973867.png (173 KB, 594x480) Image search: [Google]
1403207973867.png
173 KB, 594x480
Fuck ASSFAGGOTS
>>
>>332309313

Nice opinions there sperglord
>>
>>332303706
beating the everyloving shit outta your opponents.

You see they try to dodge or go one way, then PUDGE HOOK om nom nom nom. Can't run from me when I know how to hook.
>>
>>332310078
Shackleshot is such a fucked ability it's rng whether it will latch to something or not
Evasion
Uphill miss chance
Blinds
Damage block
Maims
Fucking Roshan's spawn timer which can drag out the endgame because both teams are waiting for it to spawn before they actually try to make a move
>>
>>332303706
You need to go deeper

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDI3e8RzBlc
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.