[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you guys learned how to play grand strategy games from
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: photo.jpg (20 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
20 KB, 250x250
How do you guys learned how to play grand strategy games from these guys? By playing the game blindly? Someone taught you how to play? With guides?
>>
>>332298363
I just watched arumba play through his many campaigns. Learned a lot through that.
>>
>>332298363
played the games blind but whenever something confused me I just looked it up on the internet
>>
blind + googling if i recall correctly
>>
Blind basically. Yet, I'm about 300 hours in on Europa and still learning but finally feeling pretty good as a player.

Finally had powerful colonial empire and control of Trade throughout the baltic and Rhineland as Denmark but misjudged Muscovy's strength during a civil war and lost Sweden Livonia and Pomerania and the St. Petersberg area in one bad decision just a few weeks ago.

So there is still alot for me to learn.

There are pretty decent guides for each nation on the wiki to help guide your grand strategy but for the most part you have to learn what all the numbers and charts mean to make it through.
>>
>>332298363
Watched a guide.
Watched streams
Played a lot.

Wiki also helped a lot
>>
>having to study to play a game
wew
>>
Start playing it. If something confuses you or you don't know how to do something, look up a wiki
>>
>>332298363
Hoi2 I learned by trial and error, for the most part its logical.

Eu4 has so many inane and counterintuitive mechanics, that you basically need to learn them beforehand, forts, straits, and liberty desire being chief among them.
>>
Casuals, all of you. The only true way to learn grand strategy games is by playing them, not reading a guide.
>>
>>332301257
its just a slightly more time consuming way
>>
I watched a half hour guide video for Eu4 and 2 hours video for CK2, they're the only ones I got into. EU4 is actually quite simple.
>>
Blind-ish

If I had any problems at the start I asked my m8 who had more experience.
>>
STELLARIS HYPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

I don't care for space games yet this is looking orgasmic.

Release date is too far away.
And BLORG aren't shown often enough.
I can't contain myself.
wagoihawoeghowagw
>>
I've picked Uruguay because it was a innofensive and secure country played a entire game to understand the basics then started ramping up the difficulty
>>
>>332304274
And as I started with Victoria my first game of EU4 I had conquered england as ireland so i gave up
>>
>>332302416
Blorg best mushroom
Resistance is impolite
>>
I did the fucking tutorial.
>>
File: 1450882358081.jpg (32 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
1450882358081.jpg
32 KB, 720x480
>>332304843
>paradox tutorials
>>
>>332304843
good lord
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.