[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Age of Decadence
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: ageofdec2.jpg (6 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
ageofdec2.jpg
6 KB, 225x225
How to make a fun loremaster?
>>
>tryhard: the crpg
>>
I'm slightly rustled that their next project is a fucking dungeon crawler
>>
Age of Decadence is fucking awful.
I can forgive it's garbage graphics and poor transitions, but the indie quality maps and map navigation, the boring, simplistic and repetitive boring combat system and the atrociously clunky interface I cannot stand.

It seriously plays like a game released in 1990 and I'm sorry, but that shit just doesn't fly. It took 7 years to develop and this was the best they could come up with, fucking embarrassing.

The writing may be excellent (I cannot confirm or deny, did not go far enough into it), but everything around is is awful. Pretty much every other CRPG released the same year is much better than this piece of shit.
>>
>2 posters
>>332297608
>posting pasta
why are you doing this?
>>
>>332297608
lel I agree with a lot of this pasta but love the game
>>
just roleplay like you want without being retarded and know when to step back.
>>
>>332297115
I dropped it after I got into stuck in the merchant route.

Non-combat routes are a joke. You either have the perfect set of skills to succeed or you basically get kicked off the route which is pretty much gameover, because you have no combat skills.
It turns the game into a choose-your-own-adventure game with no skill other than luck.
>>
>>332301614
>make shit character
>unable to finish game
>drop game
>>
>>332302117
Well, the problem is that it's impossible to predict the skill-requirements for routes.
In a good rpg you can always continue on, no matter your skillset. It just becomes harder to progress.

I got to the third chapter and could't continue because I had to increase my reputation with a faction, but I had no way to do it. I couldn't solve the quest I was supposed to do, because I had already triggered the encounters.

So there I was, stuck. I found out another guy had the problem in past and the devs basically told him to mail them his save so they could fix it. After that I stopped bothering.
>>
>>332302829
>>332301614
I agree that this is a problem. The only way I could finish the non-combat routes were by having an assload of saves and a bunch of loose skill points.

Still, I enjoyed the game enough to play through it like five times and got the god ending. The starting town especially is fantastic because of how the early quests are all dealing with the same events, just from different sides of the conflict.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.