[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What killed the horror genre?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
What killed the horror genre?
>>
Focus on jump scares over atmosphere
Zombies
>>
Facecam Let's Players and the success of bad horror games like Slender.
>>
THE ICE AGE
>>
>>332279982

https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/332063852/#332063852
>>
>>332280046
>you can't have the same thread twice
back2gaia twerp
>>
>>332280329

If you wanna make the exact same thread over and over then go to /vg/, otherwise get used to having it being deleted.
>>
>>332279982
OP next time just change your phrasing slightly and use different images so autist back seat mods don't go to the archive to try and look smart.
>>
>>332280486
hownew.ru
>>
RE4.

Great game, but it's not a horror game.
>>
>>332280036
Cool Party!
>>
Let's Plays
>>
Shitty jumpscare games being played by idiot youtubers.

Today all kids think FNAF is the pinnacle of horror genre. Disgusting
>>
>>332279982
Amnesia. That wasn't a bad game, but all the clones
>>
I think Soma was a pretty good modern attempt at horror.

Sadly the ending is lackluster and there's no reason to replay the game whatsoever but, I really like the atmosphere and the design.

I wish developers would focus more on atmosphere and lore than the inevitable action/jump scare parts.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.