[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: header.jpg (127 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
127 KB, 460x215
Is this worth 3bux? Most of the negativity around it seems to exist because it feels more like an early proof-of-concept demo of a good action game than an actual full game; one that it would be good if it had more variety and was longer. But those were likely not from the game was on sale for so cheap.

The combat on its own looks fun and satisfying enough enough fo for a few hours to mess around in even if the enemies & settings are super-repetitive, and I want to support indie devs making this type of game.
>>
>>332274952
It's a good 1-3 hour game but yeah it sure feels like a demo but then again it's 3 bucks
>>
File: merryoh.png (21 KB, 79x112) Image search: [Google]
merryoh.png
21 KB, 79x112
>>332274952
Like, "scantily clad schoolgirls having over the top fights with samefaced Cuutie Honey-like suited henchmen" is practically the polar opposite of boring pixel minimalism or "funny joke games" like Shower With Your Dad Simulator specifically made for Youtubers to scream shit at and 3bux sounds fine for something as basic and short yet entertaining-looking as this.
>>
>>332275120
Yeah that's the thing, I wouldn't pay 9 dollars for it since for only 7 I could get the cutesy 2D beat-em-up Edelweiss made (call me a filthy casual but I love Astebreed and from what I recall from 10 years ago Ether Vapor was fun) which seems like a more solid purchase. 3 dollars though sounds just fine for this type of experience and might help the devs work towards something bigger.
>>
>>332275274
>might help the devs work towards something bigger.
I'm pretty sure this was released in a comiket like 10 years ago but that's besides the point, It took me 2 sittings to clear it and a total of 3 hours to clear it on easy, the combo system is kinda cool and to master it you really need to GIT GUD, I could show you a video but it literally contains all the story in it so you'd get spoiled.
Anyway, look at it as a ninja gaiden arena type of thing and give it a go. Hell 3 dollars is like 1 meal at mcdonalds.
>>
>>332275274
>>332275120
Also I assume there is some level of replay value in mastering the combat system/playing on higher difficulties unless you're particularly good at stuff like DMC and God Hand (I'm not, I'm just decent I'd say so I doubt I can finish the highest difficulty in this in 3 hours)
>>
>Those 2 skills that completely broke your input

What were they thinking?
>>
>>332275481
It's like 5 levels long and yeah you can unlock costumes and shit but that's about it.
>>
>>332275457
Wait... so are they dead or something now? Is there nothing that buying it will actually do to help? Or are they still making stuff and this getting sales would mean they might get added to Steam?

I generally don't buy something unless I can support the creators OR there's a huge advantage to acquiring it legally. For example I recently bought physical volumes of an Osamu Tezuka manga because the online scans used horrible scanner settings and destroyed the smooth inking making it a gross pixelated mess)

So if there's no "supporting stuff like this" incentive I'd rather use the 3bux for something else
>>
>>332275602
>>332275457
>Indie Game circle Zenith Blue was formed in 2012. Primarily consisting of 3 members, the team focuses on creating action-focused titles. In 2013, they released their first title to the masses: Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae.

and their twitter is still alive https://twitter.com/zenithblue0
>>
>>332275809
REVOLVER360 RE:ACTOR is on sale for the same price, but I already have a ton of shmups that I'm extremely far from being "done" with which have good gameplay AND better presentation. Something really bothers me about the color scheme in this game, it's like it was so afraid of being one of those super-cutesy otaku shmups that it became totally monochrome to convince everyone that it's not gay.
>>332275589
How long did it take you on the highest difficulty setting?
>>
>>332275589
>>332276017
Or, I guess I should ask, how long would it take for someone who's played a bunch of games like this and loved them but is not not what you'd call "good" at them and never finished them on the highest difficulty?
>>
>>332276017
Never bothered. The outfits are cute though. Like I said you can easily sink 3-5 hours into this game.

Look dude.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STDM-FNL-Fk

I guess this is kinda the pinnacle of it.
>>
>>332276146
>That last combo
Every fucking time.
>>
>>332276146
Yeah this definitely looks like something I'd have more fun with compared to I'm Not Gay Weebshit, Honest: The Shmup.
>>
Just play DMC4SE, honestly.
>>
>>332276372
1. I'm pretty sure my old ass shit computer can't run it and I don't have any consoles to run it either

2. we're talking about a game that's still 25 bucks vs the Steam equivalent of a Simple 2000 game

It seems really really silly to compare the Steam equivalent of a Simple 2000 game to one of the best action franchises ever created.
>>
>>332276508
Seriously m8? How old is your computer? This game isn't exactly well optimized either (as expected of low budget Japanese game).

I got better framerate in the original DMC4 than this game.
>>
>>332276625
Actually scratch that and just try it out yourself and see if you really want to buy it.

It's just 163 Mb.

https://dl.humble.com/mitsurugi_1406857181.zip?gamekey=uMuFkKcysNcZnx8R&ttl=1459244264&t=189816181bbe03dac599f7cd47a55126
>>
>>332276625
2008 and it was already shit then, goddamn Fallout 3 ran at a low framerate with max settings and Fallout 3 doesn't even have good graphics. I'm poor as shit.

I just checked the requirements for Kamui and I seriously can't fucking run this. Jesus CHRIST this computer is a goddamn potato.

So yeah nevermind. Fucking hell being a poor dirt eastern european sucks.
>>
>>332276146
I've been trying to figure out exactly what is happening at 0:50 and I just can't figure it out.

I've got all the moves and I'm 95% sure I've used them all and haven't seen that.
>>
>>332276894
She used the special move, level 1 and then level 2 twice.
>>
>>332276872
Fuck it, the listed system requirements are bullshit; I can run this just fine

thanks >>332276809, this seems inherently satisfying in its mechanics based on a brief look.
>>
File: silver.jpg (28 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
silver.jpg
28 KB, 640x480
I've actually done "pirate before you buy" and bought the game twice so far and this will be the third.

Piracy fuck yeah
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.