[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I thought you guys said this game was supposed to be good. All
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: Wonderful_101_box_artwork[1].jpg (182 KB, 250x353) Image search: [Google]
Wonderful_101_box_artwork[1].jpg
182 KB, 250x353
I thought you guys said this game was supposed to be good.

All I got was gameplay stoppage every 10 seconds when an enemy/pickup appears, extremely shitty controls, and button mashing.
>>
>that moment when a platinum game clicks
Chapter 3 is where I got comfortable with it.
It took for fucking ever with Bayo though. I was sliding through straight stone trophies for at least half the game.
>>
That flying 2 head bird boss was when i started getting into it.
>>
I'm big into Platinum and DMC games and the like, but would honestly only give this about a 7.

It's too gimmicky for its own good, and getting good at it isn't fun compared to the other games.

It's definitely a fun ride though for the cutscenes and the gameplay is nowhere near "bad", but I didn't enjoy the mechanics enough to do everything in it like I have with nearly every other Platinum release.
>>
>button mashing

Be honest, how far did you get before you decided you had to post this thread?
>>
I got it. I finished the first mission. I didn't like it. I created a folder called shit and put that game there.

>The game punished you for taking your time to unlock the fucking gorillion unlockables, power-ups and shit out there
>If the game splits in two paths and you wanted to take the one who unlocks something, but took the main path instead, you can't go back. You have to do all the mission again (see next point)
>The missions are just boring
>It has sub-20fps drops
>Those circle shadows from N64 era

I really tried to like this game. I couldn't. Although maybe the genre itself is just not for me. I didn't like Bayonetta either.
>>
File: 1388885766823.gif (709 KB, 898x284) Image search: [Google]
1388885766823.gif
709 KB, 898x284
>>
>>332272274
I was on like mission 13 of chapter 1. No, it's not all button mashing - there's the dodge button and the run button. But combat at the start is pretty basic and not fun. Hopefully it gets better but I'll probably never find out.

I wanted to like it. I love Okami, Bayonetta, etc. But I was playing and asked myself why I should git gud when it's not even fun trying to.
>>
>>332271272
First hour
>this game is hard
>why am I getting stone models
>I don't understand the controls
>this sucks
Second hour onwards until the ending
>the greatest fun I've had in a video game this side of the 90s

If this game doesn't "click" with you, you're a joyless excuse for an adult
>>
>>332272447
I just can't see anyone call it a button masher once you get far enough that the game really starts to test your skills. Dodging, blocking, running, switching weapons, it makes you keep up with a lot of shit and you usually have to experiment with all of your tools to figure out what works best for a given situation.
>>
File: What I played Wonderful 101.png (4 MB, 1504x2500) Image search: [Google]
What I played Wonderful 101.png
4 MB, 1504x2500
>>332271272
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.