[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4
File: Starcraft2-logo[1].jpg (74 KB, 1417x742) Image search: [Google]
Starcraft2-logo[1].jpg
74 KB, 1417x742
What went wrong?
>>
gooks
>>
not f2p multiplayer
>>
>>332263526
No easy way to download custom maps in the beginning.
Haven't played since Heart of the Swarm came out, is it possible to download maps externally yet?
>>
Blizzard
>>
>>332263526
terran is still the weakest race
>>
>>332265772
Nah they're pretty strong in LotV

Tankivacs are hilarious
>>
File: B_VDIHXUcAA8EwR.jpg (37 KB, 430x645) Image search: [Google]
B_VDIHXUcAA8EwR.jpg
37 KB, 430x645
not enough cute korean girls~
>>
>>332265992
+1 tbqh
>>
it's good now

6 years and 140 dollars later
>>
>>332265959
Hes referring to late game, which terran has always been weak, But blizzard says its to balance out their strong early game. Which keeps getting worse due to MMM nerfs, Roach ravager strength, and pylons being stronger than photon cannons at a cheaper cost. Also mech is dead since LOTV. So yes, being pigeon holed into a tankivac/bio army every single game is makes it weak.
>>
>>332265992
>>332266061
>cute korean girls
You mean plastic dolls? If i wanted to fap to barbies i would just do that.
>>
>>332266257
Terrans don't build enough air units
>>
>>332266307
yeah but you don't fap to them because you spend too much time masturbating to two guys fucking each others ass you obviously homosexual faggot
>>
>>332263526
Custom maps were what made WC3 such a classic. Blizzard decision to control all of the legal rights of the SC2 custom maps made it impossible for it to recreate WC3 success.
>>
>making the zerg good guys

Who the FUCK thought this was a good idea?
>>
>>332266368
>you don't find attractive what I find attractive
>g-gay!
projectors pls go
>>
>>332266467
its a parrellel satire based on the arab (zerg) invasion of the terran (europe)

and how the terrans are told the zergs are the good guys
>>
>>332266356
Building mass air seems good at first. Liberator certainly is very strong, however against zerg they have a unit that fries everything in about 3 seconds. Parasitic bomb is basically a really fast undodgeable seeker missile. That, and Toss having a unit that outranges everything with 4 supply, give that with a few winstorms underneath and it makes you realize air isnt as viable as it used to be. In fact anyone who played casual or FFA knew that the most OP unit in the late game was the Terran raven. Guessed what got nerfed to oblivion?
>>
File: 1407973954764.jpg (158 KB, 572x524) Image search: [Google]
1407973954764.jpg
158 KB, 572x524
>>332263526
Literally the only problem is that it was released in the wrong decade. People can argue over shit like MBS/unit clumping but those grievances pale when considering the genre is dying and waning at a very alarming rate and even being consumed by ASSFAGGOTS in general.
>>
>>332263581
Fucking this
I have to have fun playing rts with my friends, then these fucker ruined it by making it competitive
>>
File: stealth navel.webm (3 MB, 475x793) Image search: [Google]
stealth navel.webm
3 MB, 475x793
>>332266513
look pham we aint judging you for getting turned on by the thought of your ass getting pounded raw, half the worlds population is in to that

we just want you to respect our preferences as well okay?
>>
Ladder and tutorials should be f2p while customs and challenges should be bought
>>
>>332266758
But anyway for real GSL has plenty of terran representation
>>
>>332263526
the geth
>>
>>332263526
Focused on Esports over fun
>>
>>332266984
I just think they are weak late game, In blizz history i do think terran overall was most op, Especially when players like MVP were on full throttle. Its just getting a little gimicky now with flying tanks and boostivacs and 80 damage liberators. Terran kinda fucks up alot of things in the game with those units that toss NEEDS pylon cannon and zerg NEEDS these crazy units (ravager Viper). Its more of a game problem then a balance one maybe, but it would be nice if the gave good late game options to terran and a bit toss
>>
Too fast for modern plebs
>>
>>332267707
You mean too boring
>>
>>332263526
Too hard, MOBAs stole the RTS crowd.
>>
>>332266374
They fucked themselves over by making the editor to hard for basic shit, it has to steep of a learning curve in the beginning. The warcraft 3 editor was piss easy to create basic shit in which allowed people who didn't know shit to easily create a map and then start learning more to create more advanced maps.

It also allowed for the custom scene to have maps even from the start. Most early warcraft maps were simply stat changes. With starcraft 2 you mostly had experienced modders that wanted to do 1-2 year projects. Couple that with the fact that maps could only be discovered in-game.
>>
Ladder. In games like CS for example your matchmaking rank doesn't really mean much since all the serious players use third party leagues to set up their games. In SC2 your ladder ranking is THE defining characteristic of skill. When you want to play someone at your skill level you go into matchmaking. It sounds fine on paper but in practice it makes a lot of players have anxiety over a game theyd rather just play for fun. When you're playing a ladder match with the knowledge that the rank doesn't really matter then you don't feel as stressed about it. Your ladder rank can impress friends and scubs but that's it. It acts as a gateway and intermediary into pro level play rather than the be all end all.
>>
>>332263526
making it in the first place.
>>
>>332272128

Not having the ability to hide your stats destroyed their entire goal from the start, I credit dota with actually getting that shit right
>>
The core issue is sc2 is tries to be an RTS instead of StarCraft, homeworld had this exact same issue with 1 into 2. Instead of focusing on what made tthe game great and unique they made it a cookie cutter RTS with franchise flare.

Didn't work, still doesn't work. In sc1 a single hydralisk had weight and how you used it made it a tool. It's why esports cropped up around it, watching pros use one marine to dance around and cause hell.

Sc2 the single marine dies instantly so you need 40 of them. Then you move them together because they die instantly separated. Blizzard tried to make this flasshy and cool, but it's boring as fujck
>>
>>332265992
That one looks kinda creepy.
>>
>>332272730
Watching Terran M&Ms was beautiful
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.