[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I started with Bloodborne, beat it, loved it I wanted to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 182
Thread images: 24
So I started with Bloodborne, beat it, loved it

I wanted to see what the big deal was with the Souls games, which Bloodborne is kinda in the same vein.

Holy fuck, this game sucks ass.
>shitty camera
>small, confined combat spaces
>slow, clunky combat
>cheap kills around every corner with shit rolling down stairs and hills fucking crushing you or exploding you, enemies hiding around corners that you can't see, etc...
>enemies you cannot damage without certain items

I almost envy those of you who played this first, because Bloodborne ruined me.
>>
Wait for 3 because you will not be able to go back.
>>
>>332254489
Which are you playing anyway, demon's or dark?
>>
Confirmed for being stuck in undead burg.
>>
>>332254964
Dark Souls 1 as a wanderer
>>
>>332255420
Well, as you yourself said, you're ruined, I know because I started with demon souls. Unless you care about the story or suffer from completionist syndrome, you will not want to play. If you like a challenge you won't be disappointed though.
>cheap deaths
Demon's and dark 2 are cheaper
>enemies you can't damage without certain items
What? It's been a while since I played.
>>
>>332255943
The ghosts require that you are cursed or have a cursed weapon.
>>
>>332254489
>>slow, clunky combat
clunky, yes
slow, have some patience you ADD fuck

>>cheap kills... enemies hiding around corners that you can't see
git gud

>>enemies you cannot damage without certain items
More like enemies you cannot damage without gitting gud
>>
>>332256062
If you just started you have no business there anyway.
>>
>>332256062
You literally get an item at the start of new londo that let's you hurt them though
>>
>>332254489
you're supposed to be a lot more cautious in souls. less of an action game, more focused on knowledge of enemy weaknesses, level design, experimenting with items and equipment and such. more of a defensive game. what i imagine when i think of souls is a knight walking slowly through an unknown place with his shield up. that, i believe, was the intended idea originally.
don't compare it to bloodborne, they're entirely different games (though outwardly similar) and comparing one to the other will leave you not enjoying it. similarly, if one went into bloodborne treating it totally like a souls game they'd find it very lacking in many areas. like i did at first.

as for the camera, what's wrong with it? i've always heard people complain about the camera in souls games but i never had problems with it and subsequently, bloodborne's camera felt absolutely no different to me.
>>
>>332256173
I know. I quickly learned that and left. Regardless, having an enemy with complete damage immunity is pretty bullshit. I can super high resistance or some shit, but complete immunity? The fuck?
>>
>>332255943

>>enemies you can't damage without certain items
>What? It's been a while since I played.

He's talking about the ghosts in Anor Londo and the skeletons in the Cemetery.

It's still a retarded complaint.
>>
>>332256383
I can understand* super...
>>
File: 1449293576109.jpg (83 KB, 640x908) Image search: [Google]
1449293576109.jpg
83 KB, 640x908
>>332254489

>So I started with Bloodborn
>beat it
>loved it

delusional miazaki drone detected
nobody outside of neogaf/4chin will dare touch that boring shit
>>
>>332256396
>>332256062
i love that shit
>>
>>332254489
>shitty camera
>small, confined combat spaces
>cheap kills around every corner with shit rolling down stairs and hills fucking crushing you or exploding you, enemies hiding around corners that you can't see, etc...
Literally all of those were in Bloodborne as well.
>>
Demon's Souls is great. Dark Souls plays like garbage and the world design and atmosphere is shit.
>>
>>332256383
You going to LOVE bonewheels and dinosaur legs.
>>
File: 1451684183020.png (556 KB, 1398x625) Image search: [Google]
1451684183020.png
556 KB, 1398x625
>>332256561
>>
>>332256396
Latest patch makes the skeletons in the cemetery not respawn. The ones in the catacombs do because of the necromancers.

And most of the ghosts in New Londo are easily avoidable, and frequently drop transient curses so you probably won't run out. I got 8 just running through there in 10 minutes.

I just killed Artorias and I'm about to take on Manus and Kalameet then kill Gwyn. +15 Zweihander with 40 str and 30 dex is wrecking shit.

Although I probably shoudl have put the dex points into int and attunment to get better weapon buffs, I've just been using resin.
>>
>>332256383
So what did you want OP? surely you didn't make a thread to say how shit a game is?
>>
>>332255943
What's cheap in demon's souls?

Also das2 isn't cheap it's just DUDE LMAO 100000 ENEMIES WITH NO INVINCIBILITY ON FOG GATE so you're forced to fight the same boring shit over and over again
>>
>>332254489
I loved DS1 and generally only a few areas are as bad as they seem. Most rooms you can plow through if you know what's coming. There are some cheap places though. DS2:SotFS though.. Fuck that. Every room is literally "what's the most annoying enemy that could be here, alright put fifty in there."
>>
Dark souls 1 was my first and I loved it but I'm not going to lie, Bloodborne is way more fluid and it's the better game when it comes to combat, imo. You might want to try demons souls for the combat. It's the second best in terms of combat, imo.
>>
Playing through it for the first time now. I picked up lords of the fallen for free a couple days ago and figured I should play the real games first.

Only been playing for a couple days, maybe 3 or 4 hours total game time, just have the last boss of blighttown left, killed everything in the jungle and undead parish. I know I still need to to the depths or downs or w.e the fuck it's called, cant find the entrance though.

Either way it hasn't really been all that hard so far. Died a couple times to new enemies or stupid mistakes like dodging off a cliff. I'm not what anyone would call gud but are people really that shit that they have problems?

It's enjoyable for sure, not using a walkthrough so I can experience and find shit myself but god damn I just don't understand all the complaints. Literally just git gud and the game is fun.
>>
>>332254489
What kind of fucking mongoloid freak starts with bloodborne. Souls are better fagit. What souls game are you even talking about? DS2 is the smoothest of the series if you are ruined from BB DS2 is playable
>>
>>332255943
I encourage everyone to play it for the lore and story, shit is so fucking amazing when you get into it.
>>
>>332256916
Oh who remembers? Valley of defilement comes to mind with constant poison, plague and no way to move quickly through the swamp. Those fucking stingrays in 4-1. Maneaters and flamelurker. Getting blasted to your death by a cthullu head guard.

Oh it's very cheap, because it bought its own "hard" game status and just went overboard wwith stacking odds against the player. 1 is tough but fair, two is just tryhard.
>>
>>332254489
Nice blog please tell me more about your opinion in why should I give a fuck about it.
Where is the subscribe button..
>>
>>332256062
>missing that body near the entrance of the level that gives you 2 of said item so you can kill the ghost enemies

I mean shit, get gud is always the answer
>>
>>332256383
you're thinking of it too narrowly. just because you can lock on to something doesn't mean you can immediately kill it. it's not bloodborne.
it's much more focused on exploration and gathering items, equipment, and knowledge. because of the amount of stuff, there's a big multiplicity of approach, and one very different approach may be significantly better than another for a given situation. it's layer of gameplay which also demonstrates properties of the world.
that's actually a criticism of bloodborne for me, as someone who played souls first. the enemy and level design was cool but felt shallow in comparison because everything could be approached in pretty much any way with success. i liked that souls forced me to think more in terms of how its world worked. made for more interesting long-term gameplay, atmosphere and immersion.
>>
File: 1458629985843.png (110 KB, 1103x756) Image search: [Google]
1458629985843.png
110 KB, 1103x756
>>332256518
>he can't play it so he'll parrot what he's read on /v/
>literally sour grapes: the post
NEVER
E
V
E
R
>>
>>332257027

>Last boss of Blighttown

There's only one boss in Blighttown. Technically zero but Quelaag's Domain counts as Blighttown imo.

>Still need to find the Depths entrance

But, anon, Blighttown is AFTER depths.

Also what jungle?
>>
>>332256836
No, but I wanted to see what other anons thought about this. I can't be the only one who started with Bloodborne and wanted to play the other games.

>>332257524
There are no enemies in Bloodborne that require any sort of weapon or status effect to defeat, or shit, do damage to. Who thought that was good game design?
>>
>>332254489
If you don't like it, don't play it, it's that simple. Niggas on /v/ live it but you can't force love.
>>
>>332257225
This one would rather circle strafe then two step, smash with hammer multiple times then two step again.
This one would rather fight clumsily with big weapons then wield them proficiently and feel like a hunter.
This one would rather fight boring dudes in armor with big boring swords then fight beasts who use claws and teeth or alien great ones and their minions.
This one is boring as fuck.
>>
>>332257804

Zelda relies heavily in that for enemy design, you are just awful at videogames.
>>
>>332257804

I started with Bloodborne, loved it. Then I got DaS2 and couldn't really get into it. But last month I got DaS1 and I absolutely loved it. Probably more than BB. My only complaint is that it was a bit too easy at the end. I got stuck on O&S but after that I was killing a lot of bosses on my first try.
>>
>>332257783
Most people just key into blight. There is nothing in the depths worth bothering with unless you want a specific item from there.
>>
File: 1.jpg (26 KB, 314x369) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
26 KB, 314x369
I REALLY want to play Bloodborne, like I want to play it more than Dark Souls 3, but I don't have a PS4 or money to spend on it. I hate everything. I don't even care if it's on PC, I just want a PS4.
>>
>>332257783
surely he means darkroot garden. never gave me a "jungle" feel, but it does have snakes, frogs, vines hanging down and shit
>>
>>332257783
You can go to the bottom of blighttown early with the master key

.>>332258071
The spider shield is pretty handy. That's mostly it.
>>
>>332257667
That's one thing that's bugging me.
Just like you said, Bloodborne seemed like there were multiple ways to approach any given situation in combat, but Dark Souls seems... for lack of a better word, linear in its approach to combat.
>>
There is literally ONE thing in DaS 3 that rolls down and crushes you, and almost nothing hides to attack you.
>>
>>332258105

Ah, gotcha.
>>
>>332258078
It's a fantastic game. I didn't expect to like it as much as I did.
>>
>>332258078

Jobs are nice for making money, anon.
>>
>Pick up a souls game, can't remember which one
>die 4k times
>first "boss" that people tell me is'nt even a boss
>can't see shit due to camera
>rolling is clunkier than all hell
>quit game

Meh.
>>
>>332258249
So?
>>
>>332258249
Fucking sold.
>>
>>332258184
Matters on your weapons. You can beat the entire game with a bow and arrow. You can beat some bosses by poisoning them. Sword and board is pretty linear. Beat the game a few times and then try a faith archer or mage build.
>>
>>332257867
>This one would rather fight boring dudes in armor with big boring swords then fight beasts who use claws and teeth or alien great ones and their minions.
I'm pretty sure anyone with a brain would prefer to fight bosses where the camera doesn't shit itself every 5 seconds and locking-on hurts more than it helps.
>>
File: Bloodborne Meth.png (215 KB, 620x525) Image search: [Google]
Bloodborne Meth.png
215 KB, 620x525
>Bloodborne is better than Dark Souls
Not really. Bloodborne is more boring and linear than Dark Souls. If you suck at Dark Souls it's because it takes a higher skill level and you just suck at adapting.
>>
File: 1455434583439.jpg (250 KB, 883x341) Image search: [Google]
1455434583439.jpg
250 KB, 883x341
>>332258389
Git gud
>>
>>332258473
I think it's more streamlined and cuts-out the useless shit from DS1
>>
>>332258473
>don't know if bait or just inflated opinions
>>
>>332258374
I have a job. I just owe money and I don't make enough to buy one comfortably.
>>
>>332258467
That happens in every souls game. It's not just a bloodborne problem and it's not even an issue in bloodborne except for two bosses. You've never played bloodborne.
>>
>>332258552

Lol all 3 of those bosses are fucking easy. I think that's the point but still.
>>
>>332258552
Did anyone really have problems with gaping dragon?
>>
>>332258647

Sorry, anon. That must suck. Student loans?
>>
>>332258071
>key
that's gay my dear man, for a first time through. you go through the depths because it's another cool part to experience. going into blighttown that way is much more interesting too. i dunno, so many people seem to play souls in such a "utilitarian" way...
>>
So is armor in Bloodborne just for fashion?
>>
>>332257667
To me, Dark Souls feels like being an adventurer, since you're amassing this bevy of useful materials and weapons and exploring wildly different environments.

Bloodborne is focused completely on the experience of being a hunter. The exploring you do is less for the sake of exploring itself and more for scalping important materials on the way to exterminating your targets.

I like both
Videogames are fun
>>
>>332258736

I have a problem with it having such a small head, at first I thought it was a nose.
>>
>>332258860
Mostly, unless you need some type of resistance
>>
>>332258826
No, I have a gf.
>>
>>332258562
>>332258620
>Opinion that everyone shares is the inflated opinion.

It's not useless shit. It's a very personalized character specialization system. You're probably made because you went dexterity build and then got wrecked by someone who knows how to riposte, or a meanie pyromancer burnt your shit.
>>
>>332258391
So OP is lying about having played 3
>>
>>332258860
no, they have stats. armor matters a little less because there's no weight, but i did find myself changing apparel a lot for different benefits (poison resist, frenzy resist, magic defense, etc.)

>>332258889
exactly.
>>
>>332259083
OP never mentioned DaS3
>>
>>332258694
It doesn't happen in Dark Souls 2. In BB it happens with a significant chunk of the bosses like Amygdala, Paarl/Loran Darkbeast, Ebrietas and a couple others but those are what I remember. I've platinumed Bloodborne and the dlc so don't tell me I haven't played it you drone.
>>
As you can see in this thread, v has notoriously shit taste. thats why theres constant nep and doax3 threads up. Dont play shit ganes to impress the fags on v, play games you enjoy. No point wasting any time in this short life to impress a bunch of no bodies.

bloodborne is the only good souls game anyway so gj
>>
>>332258978
You can beat ds at sl1 with just a club...it's not about adapting. It's about getting gud. Bloodborne is like this. Using just a gun and weapon and getting good.
>>
>>332258860
Yes and no. Armor is important for elemental and status defense but other than that you can just the hunter coat and nothing else. You WILL be switching armor constantly though.
>>
>>332258853
I wouldn't key the first time. It's an interesting part of the game but let's be honest here...they let you skip the fucking sewer level of a game. The sewer level. Unless you really enjoy it, it's not worth going back for. Roll bandit for the shield, pick key for the gift.
>>
>>332259369
Ds2 is just big dudes in armor with big swords. Just boring which is what I said before. I would rather lock off for amygdala because you don't even have to dodge in that fight. Paarl is definitely shit when it comes to camera and ebritas I never had a problem with.
>>
>>332259602
yeah, after first time, i agree. its purpose as a design is served when one goes through it to blighttown for the first time, and after, skipping doesn't hurt that experience unless someone really wants to have it again.
but you guys were talking to a first-timer in which case i think the choice to use the key would be kind of shitty. not like the game will stop a player from doing so though...
>>
>>332258978
>boring
Nice opinion
>linear
After amelia the game opens up
>literally everyone agrees with what I say
Damn kids
>let Dex is bad meme
Christ...
>you only don't like it cause you're bad at the game
You're adorable you know that? Or you would be if you weren't 90% memes and 10% /v/ opinions. I like dark souls fine but prefer bloodborne because of the combat, sorry you're this mad someone doesn't think it's thee best thing since sliced bread.
>>
File: 1458676598875.png (560 KB, 586x585) Image search: [Google]
1458676598875.png
560 KB, 586x585
>people who started with Bloodborne actually can't go back to the good games
Fucking brilliant. Community's been shit since 2012 anyway, but you fuckers weren't making it any better.
>>
>>332258552
I've always thought Nito was either the easiest or the hardest. If you get good placement, and you have any sort of range it's super easy. But all of my strength builds would get stuck in a corner and raped.
>>
>>332259989
>After amelia the game opens up
Being open =/= non-linear. You have to go through all the mandatory areas and kill all of the mandatory bosses in a specific order, it's not non-linear like the last half of DaS or the first half of DaS2 where you can fight any of the "important" bosses in any order you want.
>>
Dark Souls has way more combat variety, Bloodborne is just Castelvania on steroids.
>>
File: 1405552897525.gif (2 MB, 187x155) Image search: [Google]
1405552897525.gif
2 MB, 187x155
>>332258473
Heheheheheh nice
>>
>>332257027
>Jungle
Darkroot Basin, I presume?
>can't find the Depths entrance
If you have the Basement Key, that's what it's used for, Anon.
>>
>>332260425
I've never heard the last half of ds1 praised like this. Interesting.
>>
>>332260253
He has the same problem Seath does. Just keep walking to his side and stabbing. He can't do shit. Bed of Chaos is the only post Anor Londo boss that has any degree of difficulty and its mostly artificial.
>>
>>332256383
>having an enemy with complete damage immunity is pretty bullshit

maybe if you talked to NPCs you'd learn they're immune to damage.
>>
>>332258148
you can get the spider shield in the valley of the drakes
>>
>>332260563
I love ds1 but the combat in bloodborne is way better. Smooth.
>>
>played BabySouls first
>cries at actual Souls game

kek
>>
>>332260425
So, not being able to kill these bosses in any order I want=rest of the game is linear?

Yeah, I'm out.
>>
>>332260796
The engine is certainly better but there's way more variety and options when you incorporate shields. Bloodborne was a bit mindless hack and slash and I love Souls games because they are exactly the opposite of that. Loved Bloodborne, but not really replayable and I never felt like my character was actually my own.
>>
>>332259389
>he couldn't git gud
>>
Man, everything I've seen about bloodborne just makes me not want to play it, which sucks because I love the games visual style. But it just looks like a shit souls game.
>>
File: gitgudfaggot.png (227 KB, 534x486) Image search: [Google]
gitgudfaggot.png
227 KB, 534x486
>>332254489
>>
>>332257476
>Valley of defilement comes to mind with constant poison, plague and no way to move quickly through the swamp
Get the antidote idiot, not fucking hard

>Those fucking stingrays in 4-1
By that point in the game, dodging should be 2nd nature

>Maneaters and flamelurker
Only maneaters are cheap, you have to learn not to be a retard to fight flamelurker

>Getting blasted to your death by a cthullu head guard.
Rolling doesn't exist in demon's souls now?

>Dark souls babbies
>>
>>332261495
What about it do you not like anon?
>>
Yeah, it's complicated to re-adapt, but since you never had played a Souls game, it might be worse. I had to be very patient before i could "enjoy" Souls again, you just get too usted to the fast paced action in Bloodborne. It's not a matter of fairness or difficulty, all games are very similar in that aspect.
>>
>>332261495
>But it just looks like a shit souls game
Because it's no one faggot

>>332261570
It's on the ps4 and I wasted all my dosh on getting the new NVIDIA graphics card that melts my PC
>>
>>332261091
Shields...bloodborne is mindless hack and slash...shields...gtfo
>>
>>332261091
>Bloodborne was a bit mindless hack and slash and I love Souls games because they are exactly the opposite of that
Except when they are not?
>>
>>332261714
I tried to play through ds1 again before ds3 hits but I couldn't do it. And that was the game that introduced me to the series. So naturally I went back and played demons souls.
>>
>>332260902
>So, not being able to kill these bosses in any order I want=rest of the game is linear
Well yeah. All of the mandatory stuff in BB you have to do in a specific single sequence, so of course it's linear. It's like saying Super Mario Sunshine isn't linear because there's a bunch of extra shines you can get that don't influence the main sequence at all.
>>
>>332261738
It's alright man. The PS4 will just get cheaper.
>>
>>332258960
I'm so sorry anon...
>>
>>332261969
With souls you could build your character for hack and slash or for turtling, you had options. I like playing with more than one build.
>>
>>332262276
I haven't turtled since my first playthrough of ds1. I can see why you like ds more.
>>
>>332258078
Do what I did and borrow a friend's
>>
>>332262276
Great sword great shield best combo.

Even when getting invaded just back into a corner and lel
>>
>>332258905
Wait, that ISN'T the nose?

What the fuck.
>>
>>332261815
Being able to block and parry was awesome in souls. Bloodbourne felt like using a dex build and never blocking. Bb is just a faster dark souls without shields. Dark souls 3 should hopefully be a mix of ds and bb.
>>
>>332258389
>pick knight
>fat rolling

oh well nigga that's what you get
>>
>>332263289
You can parry in bb. If you felt like you were using a dex build then pick up a bigger weapon. I'm hoping ds3 is a mix too. I'm also hoping it's good. It looks like a fuck ton of pandering when I would be more interested in it being it's own thing. I'll just have to wait and see. I'm wary about even purchasing it and ds1/bb are my favorite games.
>>
>>332260902
you're fucking retarded

the point of nonlinearity is being able to sequence break

you can't sequence break in bloodborne. every single run is going to be

central yarnam
cathedral ward/old yarnam
forbidden woods
bergenwerth
yahargul
lecture theatre/mensis

EVERY TIME

meanwhile dark souls opens up from the very start. you can choose to go to the tomb, blighttown, undead berg, whatever you want. after the lordvessel you can also choose which path to take
>>
File: DARK SOULS III_20160326232418.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
DARK SOULS III_20160326232418.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>332263701
You're gonna hate DS3. It's completely linear.
>>
>>332263850
Are you making a funny troll?
>>
>>332263414
I fat roll 4 lyf niggah.

Prancing naked fairy faggots think they are skilled. No. Real skill is in the fat roll.

Git gud naked fags
>>
>>332263645
For parrying in ds it felt you had to watch and time it. For bb the stagger or parry just seem use the shotgun and blast with cannon or some other heavy weapon. (This is purely based on that epic name bro video and the bone ashed cannon so i could be wrong)
>>
File: DARK SOULS III_20160326171512.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
DARK SOULS III_20160326171512.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>332263926
No, I'm completely serious. You can only go from point A > B > C > D etc
>>
>>332263939
If you tried to fat roll you will die everytime. In fact i hope you play pc so i can kill your character.
>>
>>332263996
I sincerely hope you're full of crap. I need to go to other areas when I hit a brick wall otherwise I put the game down for months at a time. The individual areas seem very non linear from the videos I've seen a least.
>>
>>332263980
Wait...you haven't played bb...why are you giving an opinion?
>>
>>332264104
I was blue and i throughly enjoyed smashing the fuck out of naked niggers who invaded.

The trick is to not play your stupid fairy fuckboi games. You fight on my terms.
>>
File: become proficient.jpg (11 KB, 160x210) Image search: [Google]
become proficient.jpg
11 KB, 160x210
>>332254489
or gtfo
>>
I'm also going through Dark Souls on PC.

I just wanna get summoned to get a bunch of souls and humanity.

I've just beaten the gaping dragon, and am level 42 now.
>>
File: DARK SOULS III_20160326022536.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
DARK SOULS III_20160326022536.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>332264148
Well you seriously cannot. The areas are pretty wide but there's only one path to go. There's enough to explore, but you can't go to another zone until you clear the one you're in.
>>
>>332263996
Why the fuck are hud icons never in the actual corners of the screen? That shit always bothers me. Huds bother me. Why the fuck don't devs make games without a hud more often?
>>
>>332264372
Overscan.
>Why the fuck don't devs make games without a hud more often?
They do, but they're all casual shit because noncasual shit needs to give the player information. Why don't you just disable the HUD?
>>
>>332264187
I have played it but just a handful of hours at friends. I got to try bosses but never beat it.
>>
>>332263850
i didn't hate BB for being linear. i love the game but i find it disappointing. it's sad to hear that DS3 is also linear
>>
>>332264432
Stamina and estus management are too important to not have a hud.
>>
>>332264432
I usually disable whatever I can that has a visual indicator already. Like health if the screen changes near death and shit like that.
>>
File: DARK SOULS III_20160326190342.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
DARK SOULS III_20160326190342.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>332264513
It does suck, but it's honestly my only complaint with the entire game so far.
>>
>>332264293
That's stupid. I thought it would be like Demons Souls at least.

>>332264598
It's a pretty fucking huge complaint, doing NG+ will be much less fun because of this.
>>
>>332254489
I get it, it's a funny thread because it's actually bloodborne that sucks
>>
>>332264496
Oh dude, the game took me awhile to get used to but it's so fun when it clicks. If you can bum your buddies system until ds3 rolls around I would do that.
>>
File: 1442482260468.jpg (30 KB, 336x300) Image search: [Google]
1442482260468.jpg
30 KB, 336x300
>playing DaS
>get pummeled by the bell gargoyles
>spend hours upon hours trying various strategies until giving in and looking it up online
>'lol u can summon solaire as a human :^)'
>beat them after 2 or 3 times
>complete lower burg and go after capra demon next
>completely destroys me every time, fights literally last less than 5 seconds
>rolling out of the way works maybe 20% of the time, blocking is hopeless, even when I manage to kill the dogs capra just murders me immediately afterward
>grind forever, bump up HP another two bars and increase strength
>up to level fucking 31, manage to defeat him after a couple tries
>go to the depths, accidentally encounter curse frog and die
>scamper back, recover my power, and use a homeward bone

I have about 20 hours of playtime and I've not even reached Blighttown yet. There hasn't ever been a eureka moment for me. Either combat is manageable and just requires concentration, or it's balls-to-the-wall impossible.

I'm going to keep trucking but it's a lot less fun than I'd like.
>>
Dark Souls 1 is only good if you're autistic.
>>
>>332264813
i'm not gonna meme you and say "git gud" but... you should get good. capra is bullshitty but 99% of the situations are totally doable if you're prepared. watch some high level runs of the game to get a better grip on the mechanics and i'm sure you'll start loving the exploration and customization. if your combat style isn't working for you maybe try using pyromancy or magic?
>>
>>332264813

If it's any consolation, the depths boss fight is really easy compared to what you've fought already.

Have you been upgrading your weapon?
>>
>>332264813
I can zip through the entire game now with no difficulty and I started like you. Here's my dirty little secret though, I can't beat Capra Demon without cheesing. Every single playthrough I do the firebomb over the wall trick. I am deeply ashamed. I got him down to 10% with the firebomb trick once, thought I'd at least run in to finish him off so I have a little pride. He wrecked me instantly.

Once you get to Anor Londo you'll fall in love with the game. Thats when it went from fun distraction to my favourite game of all time.
>>
>>332264813
That is exactly the same boat as I'm in right now.
>>332264287

It was pretty hard when you accidentally fall down to the basilisks.

But when you learn about the map and enemies it's fairly easy.
>>
>>332265054

Pretty much the only serious walls I've encountered are the Bell Gargoyles and the Capra Demon. It's almost exclusively the bosses; the common and quasi-miniboss enemies don't really phase me.

It almost feels like there's a balancing problem.
>>
File: 1458842217627.png (28 KB, 480x256) Image search: [Google]
1458842217627.png
28 KB, 480x256
>haven't played since a year ago

Is it easy to progress after not playing for a while?
Last thing I remember I was in a cave with the poisonous liquid all around.
>>
>>332264813

Make sure you really think about exactly WHY you died. I find if I think about what I did wrong rather than just getting pissed I play a lot better. There are a few things in this game that are legit 100% bullshit, but most errors can be avoided if you just don't play mad.
>>
>>332264813
try two-handing
>>
I played the games in this order, demons was a random game with my ps3, so I played a bit but didn't beat it until after I beat dark souls, then I played dark souls, thought two was gonna be great so I got the collectors, worst souls game it ended up being, then bloodborne came. The game with the best lore, best gameplay, best weapons and variety. it really could have been cool to see more upgrade options, but would it have made any difference at all ? No of course not. We are just hunters hunting for faggots, we aren't warriors trying to forge certain weapons... bloodborne is the best game
>>
>>332265202

Yeah, I'm using a Scimitar+5. Thing is, it has terrible reach compared to some of the really fashionable weapons I've seen in other runs. For all I know the Scimitar might be considered one of the shittiest weapons in the game and I'm wasting my time.

Regardless, I'm trying to improve my Strength now so I can single-handedly wield axes and the like.

>>332265207

I read about the firebomb trick; I just couldn't bring myself to do it. It's strange the hoops I put myself through: a fight can seem just short of impossible but I avoid solutions that strike me as "too easy".
>>
File: that feel when no kindle.jpg (62 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
that feel when no kindle.jpg
62 KB, 540x960
>that feel when Dark Souls 3 has the worst character creator yet
>>
>>332265207

I'm on my first playthrough and I beat him legit by running up the stairs and killing the dogs through the choke point. Then after capra follows you up, jump down off the ledge, run away, heal, and then fight him 1v1. I just block his 1h attacks and dodge the 2h ones and run up the stairs if my health is too low.

How exactly do you cheese him though? I've heard about it but you need get above the area somehow?
>>
>>332265449

I always do, and it often boiled down to "the opponent(s) whittled down my stamina/broke my guard/gang-raped/cornered me and I had my ass handed to me."

I'm a huge Monster Hunter fan, and there always seemed to be immediate consequences to certain types of riskier actions. In Dark Souls I notice almost no such correlation; you can be playing "properly" and input delays or a single frantic mis-time just fuck up your actions and screw you over. Alternatively, sometimes I'll just button mash to hell and miraculously brute force my way through a tough encounter.

I always tell myself if I'm button mashing in MonHun I'm doing it wrong, and that's helped me improve loads. In Dark Souls I don't feel rewarded for taking it slow because group ambushes do you in so quickly you don't know what hit you.

It's not a constant problem by any means, but there are a handful of "ha-ha! gotcha" moments which just leave a bitter taste in my mouth.
>>
>>332264813
Have you upgraded your weapons? I used to get raped by the gargoyles until I upgraded and then I beat them my first try after
>>
>>332265543
I find the longsword a lot easier to use than the scimmy for PvE, but it's not outright bad. I can't remember any weapon that is, unless you count using shields as your primary mode of offense as a weapon.

How's your poise? Before I got gud the main reason I got wrekt was low poise due to no armor.
>>
>>332265503
>dark souls 2 is the wurst
>hai yai bloodboard
what a memer

>>332265667
unless you are nakedbro you spend 95% of the game with your face covered

they just realized it makes no sense to invest so much for something nobody will use
>>
>>332266020
But I'll always know what she looks like UNDER the helmet
>>
>>332265905

For a brief series of attempts against Capra I tried no armor because I foolishly thought agility would make me invincible (in a manner of speaking). Once I learned how heavier armor pieces bring your poise way up that helped me stand my ground against his dual blade things using a shield. It encumbers my movement somewhat but it's worth it for the stagger protection.
>>
>>332265743
You can throw bombs over the fog gate.
>>
>>332260076
>people who started with Bloodborne actually can't go back to the clunky older games
ftfy
>>
>>332266141
i beat capra with no armor and the bandits dagger.i just ran up the stairs a bunch to take care of the dogs then 1v1 capra.

speaking of armor,

who else fashion souls>convenient functional armor
>>
>>332259446
getting gud=adapting

thats what it means
>>
>>332266527

I don't know if it makes a significant difference, but I'm playing the PC version with a controller. Despite having a left analog I'm only able to move in 8 directions, so aiming my rolls was extremely unreliable for that fight; ergo dodge/run up stairs/kill dogs wasn't much of an option.
>>
>>332266020
They are not taking my autism into account.
I erased my character and created a new one like 4 times in BB because I didn't his appearance.
The fourth time was because I made a character that had the appearance of an old dude but had "Young" as his age, so I had to create a character that looked exactly the same just to fix that.
>>
>>332264813
Are you playing at the moment?

If so, I could help you out with a summon, since I left my character in the depths and we're about in level range.
>>
File: image.jpg (57 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57 KB, 600x600
>>332254489

I'm with you OP. You can't possibly like Dark Souls if Bloodborne is your first souls, because all other souls look and play like something from a decade ago. It's just slow as fuck and clunky, and has many, many wrong stuff that you only get if you played BB first.

I'm currently unable to enjoy DaS1 and I'm really fucking hoping DaS3 will be more Bloodborne-esque.
>>
>>332265842
You need to get into the habbit of using roll as your main defense rather than the sheild
>>
>>332268103
rolls tend to suck on anything that isn't a giant monster since they can recover if you aren't going in naked
>>
>MUH DaS too hard
>I need infinite dodges and auto recovery health
Holy shit /v/ has so many casual shitters now....
>>
File: 64c.jpg (44 KB, 600x500) Image search: [Google]
64c.jpg
44 KB, 600x500
>>332254489
aw you've never had to manage your stamina before?

you miss being rewarded for being overly aggressive and arent used to having to find more than one solution for a problem?

u them nigs i invade 4 fun
>>
File: havel_the_rock.png (533 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
havel_the_rock.png
533 KB, 1024x576
use havel armor
use havel ring
use havel shield
use black knight sword
become king rock turtle
>>
Proving once and for all that BB is for casuals.
>>
>>332256383
it's not like they leave you out there on your own, they drop curse item sometimes

if you ever played diablo 2, there are plently of enemies that are immune to certain types of damages later on and in the higher difficultys

it's not bullshit if the developers give you a way to tackle that
>>
>>332270129
but I had a lot more difficulties with BB than DeS. I never played DaS but I played DaSII, it was probably more difficult than BB but mostly because it was more annoying and frustrating rather than challenging.
>>
>>332257389
>lore and story
>Souls game
topest of keks. Pick one and only one.
>>
>>332265842
You have to advance with caution in new areas. And get a ranged weapon to aggro enemies one at a time.

I started out like you at first then switched my playstyle and the game became kind of easy.
>>
>want to replay dark souls
>don't want to deal with the bullshit that is capra demon because of the two dogs making you unable to move.
>>
>>332277137
Git gud
>>
>>332277201
You mean git blessed by rng that you can dodge his first attack to run up stairs without being blocked by the dogs?
>>
File: laughingsquidgirls.png (925 KB, 1296x1186) Image search: [Google]
laughingsquidgirls.png
925 KB, 1296x1186
>LE GIT GUD MEME

Jesus christ there are so very many people here whose egos are hilariously closely tied to the fact that they beat a badly-designed game and called it "hard"
>>
>>332277486
git gud
>>
>>332277276
>rng
wut

I can do it every time.
Thread replies: 182
Thread images: 24

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.