[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Windows 7 or Windows 10 for vydia?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: 1457876220914.png (30 KB, 602x500) Image search: [Google]
1457876220914.png
30 KB, 602x500
Windows 7 or Windows 10 for vydia?
>>
>PC
O I laff
>>
macosx
>>
>>
gentoo
>>

Win10 is a keylogger/adware OS and may fuck up your emulators/pirated shit
>>
>>332247130
If you still think you need Windows, then accept that Windows 10 is your future and get used to living in Microsoft's brave new world.

If you aren't comfortable with that, then install Ubuntu and fight the future.
>>
>>332247780
I heard that as well, but it hasn't messed with any of my pirated shit.
>>
>>332249579
the system may "randomly" remove crap you install or simply deny because LOL NOT COMPATIBLE
>>
>>332249579
It hasn't messed with your pirated software yet you mean. 'Yet' is the key word. They're not turning any of their anti-piracy measures on until after the free upgrade offer ends. They're hoping to catch as many pirates as possible to force you into the Windows Store to purchase all the licenses for your illegally gotten software.
>>
>>
>>332250423
>do that
>everyone immediately switches to linux or win7
I only hope some shit like that happened.
>>
>>332250719
>everyone immediately switches to linux or win7
Problem there is Windows 7 only gets support for new hardware till 2018 and stops getting security patches in 2020.

Microsoft knows that they'll get away with whatever shit they decide to pull because they have you by the balls and they're not going to allow a repeat of XP vs Vista.

As for Linux, what are you waiting for? Switch. Windows is not going to get better.
>>
>>332251218
>what are you waiting for?
For compatibility with some of my more windows-specific games that won't work in Wine.
Just make it so Linux can run Exes on it's own, and everyone, EVERYONE, will start switching.
>>
>>332251584
Except they won't, IBM tried it years ago and Microsoft would respond the same way by just intentionally introducing breakage again. In fact, they've already done it. Among the many reasons for UWP is the end of the Win32 API and with it compatibility for Windows software with Wine.

Its going to be a little painful for a while, but the end result will be worth it. Its either a little pain now to help get developers and publishers on board for the post-Windows world, or a lot of pain in 4 years when the developers and publishers are all thinking "Linux support? We tried that years ago and hardly anybody switched"
>>
when i tried 10 it really fucked with my drivers so i went back to 7
>>
10 for the latest AAA games only
7 for everything else
>>
>>332247203
Not a viable alternative unfortunately as Apple has locked OpenGL support on OS X to 4.1, and is refusing to implement Vulkan instead preferring to advocate their own proprietary API instead.

GNU/Linux is the only hope for a recognizable future for PC gaming.
>>
>>332251584
>Just make it so Linux can run Exes on it's own, and everyone, EVERYONE, will start switching
That would defeat the whole point.
>>
I wouldn't trust 10
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.