[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anybody else still play this? Kind of upset because I just lost
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5
File: 120.png (738 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
120.png
738 KB, 1440x900
Anybody else still play this? Kind of upset because I just lost 2 blueprints to a couple of bandits who killed one of my characters on expedition(the other one survived). And I just read that blueprints don't respawn. Fuck that. Also, what is there to do after day 100 besides hunting for blueprints?
>>
No one?
>>
can you explain to me why people post random screenshots from an obscure game and don't even mention the name? then act surprised no one knows about that shit game?
>>
>>332240448
what game
>>
>>332241320
Well, the thread is kind of meant towards people who are actually playing the game, so they would know it from a random screenshot.

>>332241327
Sheltered.
>>
File: 102.png (954 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
102.png
954 KB, 1440x900
>>
>>332241847
Yeah but if you don't mention the name in the thread will die more quickly, at least you'll get randoms asking questions or checking out the game.

If at least 1 or 2 fags pick up the game the next day someone might have some input about the game now.
>>
>>332242305
Good point. Anyway it's just a good little micromanagement game to waste the time, guess not a lot of people play it.
I'm gonna go ahead and do /thread right here. Thanks for the (You)'s. Have a good day m8.
>>
>>332240448

I'm amazed you played it that long without killing yourself. I've played it a bit since they launched, but there's 0 goddamn gameplay. Just a whole lot of "I am at the place you sent me to go to, should I really go look at it?" clicks for hour after hour as you gradually grind up the mats to make upgraded poop buckets.

How the hell do you stand it, anon?
>>
>>332243264
This. Holy shit, idea seemed cool but I nearly died of boredom 15 minutes in.
>>
>>332243264
Haha, well they added a lot of new things since like a year ago so there's more to do now. Not a lot still, but significantly more than before. I'm only 3 days into my new playthrough though and I do feel like I've pretty much exhausted all of its content. How far did you get last time you played it? Got screens?
>>
>>332240448
Blueprints will repeat.

t. 784 day run on fourth move
>>
>>332244092

It is kind of a bummer. Hopped on it since the gray market price was pretty cheap ($4ish IIRC) and it has a lot of potential, but it did absolutely nothing for me gameplay-wise. If you compare it to This War of Mine, Sheltered has more resources/objects/moving components, but also more busywork and less actual gameplay in the "Survival" aspect. Even if you ignore the adventure/looting sequences in TWOM, just the base management has by and large the same/more depth to it (Scarce resources, limited time so you generally can't do everything you want to do every time, production chains if you can get them rolling, etc) only with less clicky work for each part.

>>332244113

Can't remember how far I got, I know it was at least a few weeks but it's been a few while (Like I said, I started playing again when they "Launched" the game and quit a day or two after) so I don't remember. Didn't nab any screenshots, either.
>>
Fuck off, shill.
>>
>>332240448
How did you lose someone after tier 4 armor? By that point you should have plenty of weapons, training, and ammo. Just send out a two man party with
>sledge/shotgun
>t4 armor/t4 armor
>metal detector/binoculars
>t4 bag/t4 bag (or vehicle, preferably)
If you picked anything but dog, god damn, why. If you have dog, always send it with. Guaranteed at least 60 damage a round with high bleed chance.

If you don't have max stats, load em up with axes and grenades and grenade anything in a pair or greater. Get self sufficient asap, and train two people on punching bags 24/7 until they max str for melee and dex for shooting/defense.
>>
>>332244704
They do? That's great to know. It was one of the devs who specificially said that blueprints don't respawn on a Steam thread but that was like a couple of months ago, so I guess they changed it? That's amazing. Also, 784 day run? Wow. I've heard of people doing a 300 day run but that's just mad crazy m8.
>>332244892
Ah, okay. At this point I'm probably just gonna make it my goal to fix up the Camper van, test it for a bit and put the game to rest. I've already gotten far so I might as well exhaust it.
>>
>>332240448
How many hours of fun can I get out of this game before there's nothing really left to try or do?
>>
Is this like fallout shelter for PC?

I want fallout shelter for PC ;~;
>>
>>332245562
It's easiest to find the blueprints if you move to a new map. When you get the extended family quest, do it to go to a new shelter with a new family member. You start from scratch on your upgrades and base size, but get to take 52 item stacks with you. Vehicle required to start the quest.
Only your family and pet moves, not other survivors. It's best to reach self sufficiency, max stats, then move with as much as you can carry in upgrade mats to immediately hit tier 4 and double your water production to make scouting easy.
When you hit a new map though two random car parts break and you have to relocate them.
Increases enemy density and strength as well as chance for better loot, like car parts, blueprints, switches, etc.
>>
>>332245205

Considering that even the OP isn't that glowing on the game that would be pretty weak shilling. I think you don't want videogames at all, anon. I think you're just here for trannies!

>>332245851

Kind of. And much like Fallout Shelter, there's a hell of a lot of clicking and wasting your time with little payoff. If you still dug Fallout Shelter though, probably worth a look or a purchase from the Steam™ internet retailer for the low low price of $14.99. Look up Sheltered™ from Team 17 Digital.
>>
>>332241320
It's so that you bump the topic for him and create discussion that leads to sale for his shit game.
>>
>>332245247
I don't really train my characters with the punch bag that much because I like to send them away as soon as possible from the time that I recruit them and have them gain skills from actual combat. It also gives me more leisure to focus on my shelter instead of micromanaging all of them at the same time. I don't know, it just feels better that way for me.

Also, do you not need Gas Masks when out and exploring? I only have room for Binocs+Gas Mask combo or Metal Detector+Gas Mask combo when I send them out on an expedition. How do you do it? I've actively avoided using guns up to this point because I assume that bullets would be a chore to craft. Oh and I picked the cat.
>>
The char creation and crafting is the only good thing in this game.
>>
>>332245825
About 18 hours.
>>332245851
It is. That's why I got it in the first place.
>>
>>332246191
>>332246661
Good.
Just bought it from kat
>>
>>332246114
Hold up, there is more than one map? Extended family quest? I might end up spending more than time on this game than I originally planned to. I'll do that, anon. I'm only 2 tyres short of a working Camper van.
>>
Wish this would be a doujin game.
Like I want to get fat like Java and let inside only girls to attend my sexual needs.
>>
File: sheltered338.jpg (385 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
sheltered338.jpg
385 KB, 1920x1080
>>
Do shelter attacks actually ever happen?
>>
>>332240448
TO ANYONE INTERESTED IN THIS GAME
It is only enjoyable if you want a simple time drain between other shit. It doesn't have a lot to offer as a standalone game.
You can carve through effectively all the content and all but one achievement in just a few hours. If you want something to occupy you long term, this won't be it.
If you don't mind a time sink with permanent death and "gotcha" mechanics (some survivors you invite to your shelter may turn out to murder one of your family members), it's not terrible. It's just not fantastic, either. There is little depth to surviving and no endgame to speak of.
Your typical self sufficiency goes like this
>upgrade table to tier 2
>build two water butts
>build shower and shitter
>carve out a couple rooms
>send two one man parties in two directions
>one to forest to find shacks and lumber mills (weapons and ammo in shacks, wood in mill)
>other to towns to find metal materials (starting with hinges)
>asap build a small freezer and stove
>when those are done, make traps (NEVER tier 1, only 2 or if possible 3)
>as rubber allows, water butts
>as cement and metal allow, more rooms
>when leather builds up, make two packs
>use these to do bigger hauls
>upgrade to tier 3
>start upgrading generator and filters focusing on efficiency (also get water contamination protection to at least 50%)
>make bigger packs
>go farther with more water
>constantly upgrade hygiene facilities, stove, and beds to reduce water and ration consumption and down time
>should be fairly well off by now
>keep grinding mats until tier 4
>get angry about switches and rubber
>finally tier 4
>maxed filters and generator
>find last vehicle part that refused to spawn
>no need for it now
>move to new map and start over
>>
File: shelteredcombat.jpg (171 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
shelteredcombat.jpg
171 KB, 1920x1080
>>
>>332246413
By the time you hit tier 4 you should have surplus of rad pills, so rad poison is no longer a problem.
Also you can make your own with the lab. Bullets are 3x per craft and take a tiny amount of cordite and metal. Making an arms factory is incredibly easy.
>>
>>332246985
Scan frequencies after you complete the van to unlock it. You can theoretically continue to move maps forever.
>>
>>332247674
>switches and rubber
Those shit are whack. They should make those renewable through the Recycling Plant.
>>
>>332247531
Once every ten thousand hours played.
They have been toggling them on and off to see what they can do to improve them. If they are in right now is anyone's guess.
Getting raided isn't too bad anyway. Of they don't get bored and leave, they take three steps in and get shredded by shotguns and castlevania spikes. Assuming you want to keep your family alive.
>>
>>332247969
Stupid question, should I take the rad pills before or after the expedition?
>>
>>332248647

After. If someone has radiation sickness you use the pills
>>
>>332248318
I get why they didn't; I just don't think they really thought it through very well.
The goal was to make you nog rely solely on garbage to be your resource production after you get recycling. The problem is that tier 4 is enough of a pain to get to that by that time you don't need to worry too much about food or water and going outside is a non issue.
In addition to that, you can just clam up and wait for traders while you max stats in your trap dense paradise of infinite supplies.
>>
>>332248116
Are there any advantages to moving to a new map beside retrieving lost blueprints?
I guess it can be fun if it makes the game more difficult.
>>
>>332248807
Slight difficulty increase, new start, resets faction territory so scalpers no longer cover half the wasteland, immersive reason of finding lost family, but other than that, no.
There's not new content you will unlock or anything, just a bit of a reboot if you want to keep you family but reroll.
>>
>>332248443
Yeah, I've literally fortified my entire first floor with shotguns but 100 days in still no shelter attacks.
>>
>>332249052
My first was around day 240. Second a couple weeks later. Still waiting on the third and I'm >>332244704
>>
>>332248703
Thanks.
>>332248791
Yup, switches and rubbers are like priority mats that I grab while out and exploring. Can't rely on traders all of the time.
>>
>>332249020
That sucks. Hopefully devs add more to that.
I'll do it anyway for the blueprints.
>>
>>332249173
How do you make it that far?
>>
>>332249861
They've said they aim to add more as they go and right now are working on more possible items to add in (equipment, craftable shelter furniture, etc)
Either they're working on a big update or they're just blowing smoke. Will have to wait and see.
>>
>>332249989
Lose sight of what you wanted to achieve in life and hold down shift a lot to speed up time.
If you have 6 people, 240 water will never run dry before another rain regardless of showers, toilets, etc. If you have two ration generators and two traps, food will always be capped or very high.
Just hit that surplus, hold shift for a while, and watch the shelter survive.
>>
>>332250439
I lol'd. I'll probably do that since I'm reaching the point where I can leave them on auto without worrying about them consuming consumables excessively. I mean, they'll most likely still eat and drink excessively but I have enough supplies now.
>>
>>332250171
Update spring of 2017.
>>
File: 1458261669864.jpg (73 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1458261669864.jpg
73 KB, 640x480
>>332251138
>>
>>332247894
>you can send children out to go fight grown men
hilarious
Almost makes we want to buy the game.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.