[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Batman Arkham Games
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: batman-december-dlc-2.jpg (74 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
batman-december-dlc-2.jpg
74 KB, 1024x576
What do you think of the Arkham Games?
Is Arkham Knight the best Arkham Game?
Share your opinions
>>
Asylum is great.
City is very good but too busy and unfocused.
Origins is good but flawed.
Dunno about Knight, I think it's the least focused and the Batmobile is fucking terrible.
>>
City > Knight > Asylum > Origins

Asylum had the best atmosphere, but that's not enough to make it worth multiple playthroughs. City had the best overall gameplay and side content, plus the finale was pretty good compared to TITAN JOKER. Knight had a bit too much Batmobile, but other than that it was a straight improvement on City's predator sections and had a decent main villain. Origins was a copypaste of City that somehow came out buggier and felt like the biggest excuse to shoehorn in the Joker yet again (even more so than the hallucinations in Knight).
>>
>>332238052
City>Asylum>Knight>Origins

One of the big issues with Knight is that the "mindfuck" stuff doesn't feel fresh at all, AND it feels like a lazy excuse to use a certain villain again. I enjoyed it, but performance issues aside it just has very little impact from a story perspective. I suppose in a literal game sense it's better, but I'm ranking these based on how I enjoyed them at the time. (I think most people were amazed that Asylum was even decent, let alone great)
>>
>>332238052
Liked em all mate, prob the most consistently enjoyed game series I have experienced. Had completely forgot I bought the season pass and seen your image, I know what I'm doing tomorrow morning.
>>
city>rest
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kvbnc-7Y0fE
>>
All of these are boring spam-one-button games.
>>
>>332240421

So's DMC, but nobody complains about that.
>>
Which was the one that was full of bosses that were just big tanky bosses that you stunned and punched a lot forever.
That one was just bad.
>>
File: 01014.png (306 KB, 452x587) Image search: [Google]
01014.png
306 KB, 452x587
>>
>>332240543
All of them
>>
Knight is the best in terms of "being the goddamn Batman," I didn't mind the Batmobile as much but I do agree shit was used way too much. The DLC was okay, they fucked up the Killer Croc fight and Hatter's segment could have been longer but it was way better than the shitheap that was HQ's Revenge.

I blame the poor story on the lack of Paul Dini, but whoever wrote Joker's lines did great. Ironically I would not even be interested in the story if it weren't for Hamill giving his best performance as the Joker so far, so good on him for that.

Overall
Asylum = Knight > City > Origins
If Origins had more polish, was set earlier than just 5 years before Asylum, and stuck to Black Mask being the big bad it might have been the best in the series. Hell they could've reduced Joker to a side mission that ends with him being knocked into the vat at Ace Chemicals.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.