[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does SC1 have that SC2 didn't? Why did one succeed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: legacy of the void.jpg (11 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
legacy of the void.jpg
11 KB, 300x168
What does SC1 have that SC2 didn't?
Why did one succeed and the other fail?
>>
>>332235342
LAN.
>>
LAN
>>
LAN?
>>
File: 1441465283402.png (18 KB, 1040x1055) Image search: [Google]
1441465283402.png
18 KB, 1040x1055
>LAN meme

its because wow was never popular
blizzard lies on the internet and you impressionable idiots suck their jewish bullshit up

no game after wow has been the product of a successful rich game company.
diablo3 and sc2 are purposely meant to deceive, to hive the allusion of high quality while everyone ignores the lack of content.
most the limited budget is spend on ultra high quality CGI cutscenes while the actual content is fucking pathetic.

this is what happens when people allow a jew into the PC gaming market
>>
imagine if you took SC2 and made everything better except graphics, and then made it about actual strategy more than clicking fast

that's why SC1 is better
>>
The first one had a lot of heart put into it. It was amazing on many levels because the people who made it were good at what they did and they really cared.

2 is just a company that's too huge for it's own good throwing a lot of money at trying to make a mlg pro competitive game, a lot more at forcing it down people's throats, and trying too hard to maintain control of the cash that it generates at the expense of everyone that would play it.

tl;dr: LAN
>>
better plot, characters and tone
>>
>>332235342
You can select lots of units instead of only 8 (or 16?) in Brood War.
>>
sc1 could run on toasters of yesteryear.
People who learned to be good played ladder and everyone else did use map settings
Also
Use Map Settings games were actually visible with a constantly refreshing list and not a neverchanging "whats popular" list.

Now we got sc2 where you need some form of gpu to play it beyond a 1v1

The most probable reason is mobas catering to people who cant macro + dota & lol are free, making them more attractive.

iirc something also happened in an sc2 tourney that made a lot of sponsors pull out letting it die in korea.
>>
>>332235853
>actual strategy more than clicking fast

Sc1 focues more on fast reflexes and sc2 was more strategy oriented.
>12 unit groupings
>no auto mine
>no multi building groupings
>shitty pathfinding making you have to redirect units every time they bump into anything
>retire when youre 22 because your reflexes deteriorate
>>
>>332235427
>>332235456
>>332235569
>>332235870
when was the last time you unplugged your computer, drive it to a friend's place, hook it up, and play actual LAN games
i'm serious
because no one else has fucking done that in the last ten years
>>
>>332235342
sc1+brood war was a really great game after many patches with tons of shit, you could instantly make your own channels and browse for custom game lobbies

sc2 came out and blizzard said. "Sc1+brood war is a great game, let's completely redesign it chaning speed/pacing/sizes/mineral values, take away custom channels and take away active custom game lobbies and only let people join popular custom maps so only the oldest and shittiest custom maps were played because they were the most popular, though there was a little quality impact of this it mostly stands lots of great gems of custom maps died instantly, there were no custom chat lobbies, the friends list was fucking stupid and obtuse and needlessly more complex than brood war's. You couldn't have profiles and people's actual profiles were dumb. The matchmaking was shitty as all matchmaking tends to be. They kept making massive changes to balance and tech trees that just wore people down from having to constantly re-learn the game. It goes on, basically it was a massive shit show for years, it doesn't even have lan
>>
>>332238570
>They kept making massive changes to balance and tech trees that just wore people down from having to constantly re-learn the game.

>The game changed and I couldn't adapt. waah waah
>I want to press the same sequence of buttons for all of eternity
>>
because SC2 is just gookclick, you just do your opening build and hope that your clicking is faster than the opponent's clicking because otherwise you will be behind and his deathball will kill yours
>>
>>332239418
>implying Im such a braindead sc2 fanboy I wouldn't sooner just play a better game than re-re-re-re-relearn my build orders again adjusted for maximizing effective deathball based on meta units
>>
>>332235342
To be honest in the past there werent a lot of sources to learn cheesing. So most of the guys you played online were people who were developing their own strategies.

Nowadays any kid just go to youtube and ask how they can win without doing shit. So then the ladder is full of cheesers, time window strategies and people abusing of some sort of unbalance. Most of the games feel like your are playing against the same AI because everyone is doing the same shit.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.