[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Serious question /v/. Should I play earthbound?. Always heard
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: 1459121981532-v.jpg (363 KB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
1459121981532-v.jpg
363 KB, 1280x1280
Serious question /v/. Should I play earthbound?. Always heard great things but never brought myself to play it.
>>
>>332231397

No.
>>
>>332231397
Yes.
>>
File: 1421101553864.png (2 MB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
1421101553864.png
2 MB, 1500x1500
>>332231397
Buddy you just took my picture from the the mother 3.

As for the question, I recommend trying it and seeing how you feel about it. None of the mother games are perfect but still if they are for you you'll love them. Earthbound is a very simple and easy game, other then the beginning for five minutes you won't grind. Talk to everyone and experiment, really adds to the game.
>>
>>332231397

Yes, I thoroughly enjoyed it and I hope you will too if you decide to play it.
>>
>>332231897
Alright thanks anon. I took the pic because I saw the mother 3 thread and it got me thinking about the whole thing. Isn't it pretty grindy though, I remember a friend mentioning it to me?but I like JRPG's so that wouldn't be a problem for the most part
>>
If you like JRPGs as a genre you should play it. I think it's great but if you don't like that type of game it's not going to change you're mind.
>>
>>332231397
Yeah it's a great game.

Don't fall for the 'EarthBound has bad gameplay' meme either. All JRPGs of the 90's were just 'use your strongest attacks and heal when necessary' except maybe Chrono Trigger. Except EarthBound cuts down on a lot of other frustrations of the genre like no random encounters, and insta-killing weak enemies without transitioning into battle when you're several levels higher than they are.

EarthBound's design philosophy is "I know I'm a JRPG, might as well fix the annoying parts of the genre rather than fool you with some redundantly flashy battles or other fluff"
>>
>>332232536
EarthBound isn't grindy at all, not even a bit.
>>
>>332231397
Play earthbound and mother 3 so that you can see what a huge rip off of them Undertale is.
>>
File: 1440292163784.jpg (44 KB, 500x472) Image search: [Google]
1440292163784.jpg
44 KB, 500x472
>>332232536
I was joking about the pic, thought it was funny.

I never grind in earthbound other then for a boss at the the very beginning. One other time I grind, and this is completely optional, is for a quite rare weapon and it is the only weapon you can equip this character that boosts there offense. I'm sure hear about this weapon if you read into the game a bit.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.