[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>game constantly throws money at you >there's nothing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3
File: Gameplay_(Ocarina_of_Time).png (1 MB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
Gameplay_(Ocarina_of_Time).png
1 MB, 1280x960
>game constantly throws money at you
>there's nothing worthwhile to even spend it on

What other games do this?
>>
>>332225962
Basically every RPG in existence.
>>
>>332225962
i remember spending a good portion of it trying to get epona.

i fucking sucked at that race
>>
>>332226383
Basically this.
>>
>>332226383

I always have a pretty large surplus of money in RPGs but there's still stuff to buy.
>>
Pokemon
Earthbound
>>
>>332226383
Not true, shits expensive in xenoblade x
>>
GTA
>>
Waste it on potions, no other reason to use rupees. I tried to save up for one of the tunics that cost a few hundred rupees, didn't realise you got it for free. Especially in games like MM, you can get 100 rupees in around 45 seconds by skipping to 2pm I think it is and going to the inn to stay in the knife chamber. You can repeat endlessly, so there's no excuse for running low.
>>
>>332227547

>He doesn't buy multi bottlerockets
>>
>>332227671
Until it isn't
>>
I've beaten Ocarina, Majora, Link's Awakening, Link Between Worlds and Link to the Past. Where do I go from here? NES, TP, WW, Oracle?
>>
>>332227547
Only used money in pokemon for balls and then repels later.
>>
>>332225962
South Park Stick of Truth

Best weapon in the game was like 75 bucks?Finished with over 400 dollars left over.
>>
First Mass Effect
>>
>>332228090
play WW and TP. theyre both great.
>>
>nobody posted NSMB2
Ok.
>>
>>332227831
It actually pissed me the fuck off that you couldn't just buy it with rupees. They could have used that opportunity to make rupees actually useful just once in the game, but instead they just hand it over to you for free. So disappointing.
>>
Man, I had rupees coming out of every orifice in twilight princess. I only ever occasionally bought lantern oil, and I even got the magic armor for the hell of it
>>
>>332226383
This.
Money is almost always handled poorly by games.
>>
>>332228568
i remember grinding that chicken minigame at lake hylia to get all the money i needed for that magic armor.
in windwaker i grinded that one spot on outset isalnd where you just had to switch between day and night for the item to respawn.
>>
>>332228568
At least magic armor gave rupees a purpose.

Not that you ever needed magic armor.
>>
On the opposite end,, the Ratchet and Clank series usually handle money pretty well throughout the story. It isn't until post game where it piles up.
>>
>>332231645
Getting the Ryno in RC1 was painful.
>>
>>332226383
Skies of Arcadia handled money well I think. There was always ship upgrades to purchase after you already decked out your party.
>>
>>332231776
RC1 is kind of painful. I'm replaying it right now after seeing the new trailer and every little thing is getting to me. I hadn't realized just how much polish was missing.
>>
>>332226383
Dragonage had money being pretty rare unless you use exploits to gain infinite.
>>
>>332226383
Dragon's Dogma's equipment upgrades get expensive as fuck once you start attaining the more powerful stuff.
>>
why are there always so many OoT threads? wtf
>>
In Shenmue, you've got a tight budget until you get the forklifting job, and at that point, you've barely got any time to use it before the end of the game.
>>
>>332232553
By the time you start trying to upgrade dragon forged weapons, money isn't really an issue. At least not in my experience.
>>
>>332228327
you have to spend a decent chunk of change if you want to equip your whole squad with Spectre weapons. but yeah you can max out your cash even after doing that.
>>
>>332227782
They could have a bunch of superior vehicles that are only available for cash and real expensive estate that opens mini games. Maybe an option to buy mercenaries or run for mayor and corrupt the police force.
>>
>>332228568
>You found 20 rupees, but your wallet can't carry anymore, so let's put it back.
>>
>>332227547
I never used repels, just healing shit because for some reason myself as a kid sucked at videogames and I still do
>>
>>332226383
true besides in the DQ series
>>
>>332232329
One of the best things about the series is also one of its biggest let-downs.

Every title improves upon the last in every way (on PS2 at least). If you play through in succession it's one of the best trilogies out there for 3D, but going back to the melee-based combat without strafing and a poor camera in 1, barely any weapon upgrades and poor minigames/extras in 2, then 3 comes along with loads of upgrades per weapons, more weapons overall including fun shit, the improved arena, it was all good.
>>
>>332231938
You're right. Also when you get a shopkeeper in your crew you can burn all your cash on permanent stat boosts and become OP
>>
Mount and Blade did NOT have this problem at all. Having to pay for food, wages of your retinues etc helps.
>>
>>332234113
Until you realize that investing in silk shops makes you unlimited money and you constantly go from town to town looking for gloves with 1 defense more for the low low price of 100000 denars
>>
File: GTA3boxcover.jpg (78 KB, 280x362) Image search: [Google]
GTA3boxcover.jpg
78 KB, 280x362
>>332225962
gta 3 gave you money for crashing into other cars yet you could only spend it on ammo
>>
>>332227831
>Farming rupees in zelda
What. The. Fuck.
>>
>>332235213
It was quicker than getting dozens of heart pieces. Just spend 2-3 minutes getting some rupees then fill every bottle with blue potion. No excuse to ever die.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.