[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How is this game /v/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 3
File: header.jpg (24 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
24 KB, 460x215
How is this game /v/?
>>
decent
>>
Unreasonably bad.
>>
>>332224017
Best FPS in years
>>
A lot of varying opinions I see
>>
>>332224017

Decently ok as a shooter.

The sound is meh.

I'd play like ~$20-$30 for it.
>>
Eh
Didn't stick with me.
>>
was pleasantly surprised
at the end of the day its a run of the mill nazi themed shooter but it does that very well
solid 8/10
>>
Yeah, like the other anon said, best FPS in years.
>>
It's 14 euros on bundlestars.
I'd get it, but my pc just shit,
>>
It's all right. I'm really not big on single player FPS experiences, but I got the game for like $5. For that price it's worth a play through.
>>
Best FPS in years and a true followup to Butcher Bay and The Darkness.
>>
So if i can get this for like 12 bucks should I?
>>
Old Blood > TNO

In my opinion.

Too bad that its late game gets cramped again.
>>
>>332225349
no question, its fun
>>
>>332224017
Pretty amazing. I loved it.
>>
>>332225468
Pretty much, TNO was kinda convoluted with the story and downtime segments. Old Blood's more instant action. Also you get to use the gatling MG42 more often.
>>
Better than expected.
>>
>>332224017
Great game, shame you fight for the bad guys

ib4 back to /pol/
>>
>>332224017
fun, well-written in a character but not really a plot sense

worth a buy
>>
>>332226508
well. Back to /pol/ fag
>>
>>332224017

Generic single player FPS, just this time it spouts the same "evil nazis" and "the chosen people are oppressed" rhetoric.
>>
Thought it was an okay-ish 6/10 experience, though nothing to write home about
>>
>>332224448
this
also nazi soundtracks was neat
mun mun jah jah
>>
>>332226508
You literally fuck everything up because jews.
>>
it has it's moments but it's mostly bland boring clunky rubbish
>>
>>332224017
Really fun game. The story was pure garbage, but the gameplay was good for a modern shooter and it had some great character moments.
>>
>>332224135
yet runs only 60 fps
>>
its okay, also, if they're going to make more games, there better be more taking place in the 40's with more elements from older titles like the Tesla gun or female nazis
>>
Come to think of it.
ID Software was purchased by Zenimax Media in 2009, the founder of Zenimax was Robert A. Altman.

"Robert was born to a Jewish family in 1947. He is the son of Norman Altman and Sophie Altman. Norman Altman, a graduate of Harvard Law School, who died in 1997, was a leading real estate lawyer and investor, and the founder of the Wash DC law firm Krooth and Altman."

>born to a Jewish family

No wonder Wolfenstein is Jewish as fuck. Also he endorsed Obama for president in 2007.
>>
I thought it was really fun. Dumb action movie fun, but still a lot of fun. Even with half of it being scripted events and setups for easy stealth kills I was getting into it.
>>
Fun stuff and goes on sale very often.
>>
Really good.

In addition to the gameplay, BJ and the characters in general were better written than 90% of games, which is strange considering what kind of game TNO is.
Little things like mixing up accents or thinking to himself how buoy is a silly word can really bring a character to life, and it's something I haven't seen in games or movies.
>>
File: disgust.png (132 KB, 261x235) Image search: [Google]
disgust.png
132 KB, 261x235
>all these posts praising it
you are the reason why videogames are so shit these days, no fucking standards at all.
>>
>>332228034
its good though
>>
A goddamn masterpiece. Make sure yu get Old Blood too.

Also, explore, examine and listen.
>>
>>332224017
6/10 Not the return of FPSs people make it out to be. Everyone knows the last good FPS was Bulletstorm. I would save your money and wait to see if D44M turns out any better.
>>
>>332227436
Well it's always been a series about killing Nazis so yeah
>>
>>332228034
nice arguments buddy, wish more people on this board were as constructive as you :)
>>
>>332226669

This is a good way to put it. I really did enjoy the characters in TNO.
>>
>>332228182
It really isn't
the only thing good about it was the weapon animation/audio and how enemies reacted to getting shot, literally everything else about it was garbage and i mean everything
>>332228418
you too buddy
>>
>>332224017
I thought it was pretty shit, and would not recommend it to anyone. The first hour is a blast, and the next nine are boring. There's very little variety in the gameplay and by the third level you have pretty much every weapon in the game. Aside from that first hour everything about it felt so standard, it seems like zero risks were taken to deviate from the norm. I expected classic, fast-paced action when I picked it up and was disappointed when I got more Call of Duty.
>>
>>332227436
The funny thing is that if you read a bit deeper into the Wolfenstein story than the writers intended, the meaning of the story changes dramatically.

>after taking over the world, the nazis improved existing almost all fields of science, structural engineering, space travel, etc. to an amazing degree
>when the story kicks in, the war has been over for a long time and 99% of the world is living in peace under the nazi regime
>the jews had super technology all along, but greedily hoarded it and didn't use it to help the "good guys" until they were forced to do so by an outsider
>the main characters are literally killing thousands of innocents and causing millions, possibly billions in collateral damage just because they're mad about a war that ended over a decade ago
>using ancient jewish magic, the jews purposely sabotage the cement the nazis use in all of their buildings, causing even more innocent deaths and destruction

Really the whole game is about a bunch of crackhead terrorists fighting a war they already lost, lead by a guy with a murderboner for one specific guy that kicked his ass so hard he spent half his life in coma and backed up by an ancient jewish techno wizard who apparently didn't give a shit about the jews getting wiped out in the first place as long as he could keep his jew magic to himself.
>>
>>332228670
Except you can dual wield explosive shotguns with bouncing pellets, never have to ironsight if you dont want to. And go to the motherfucking moon. Also a concentration camp.
>>
>>332224017

9/10
>>
>>332228813

Thanks, now I actually feel like I have incentive enough to play

how long will the game last for a normal difficulty playthrough
>>
>>332228813
Also BJ is an invincible robot that can't die
>>
>>332228670

If you played TNO like an ads shooter you deserve to be gassed at auschwitz
>>
>>332229067

I had like 12-14 hours for one play through. Took my time
>>
>>332229238
this

the game lets you play it like a CoD cover shooter, but if you aren't sliding into nazis duel-wield hip firing explosive shotguns you should probably hurry and and end your miserable existance
>>
File: For_what_purpose.jpg (25 KB, 323x454) Image search: [Google]
For_what_purpose.jpg
25 KB, 323x454
>>332229124
Speaking of invincible robots

>find an invincible ancient jewish magic motherfucking Iron Man suit
>don't give it to the one guy that's actually doing any fighting

All my what.
>>
>>332224017

>play as a Jew killing Nazis

Zionist propoganda. I wouldn't be surprised if the end credits have the main character immediately marrying interracially.
>>
>>332229067
10 hours, give or take. More if you take the time to read all the lore and get all the achievements.
>>
>>332229512
well he's in a relationship with a slav and they're barely white anyways
>>
>>332229338
>>332229564

Thats cool, I'm specifically happy if it doesnt take weeks for me to complete, sounds doable in 2-3 days
>>
>>332228813
the story was shit and cutscenes all unnecessary
>le ancient jew master race power armour
>>332228832
>>332229238
the moonbase is cool if only short lived
the game may as well be COD: alternate history nazi warfare
>>332229394
ive beaten it twice on uber and that is not how the game wants you to play it
>>332229067
>>332229338
more like 7 or 8
>>
Waiting for news on the sequel.
>>
>>332229637

If I hated video games as much as you I wouldn't play them
>>
How is Old Blood?

I never got around to playing it.
>>
>>332228832
I'm not shitting on the gunplay, dual-wielding was neat and so were the guns, but it was nothing special. And the lack of variety in weapons and enemy types got old really fast.
>And go to the motherfucking moon. Also a concentration camp.
And it was fucking boring. That one segment, when you're on the surface of the moon had potential, and I even got excited. But then, 30 seconds later, we were back in the space station. I think I liked that mech bit in the camp, I don't really remember it too well though.
>>332229238
>>332229394
Most of the time I used the dual shotguns and tried to run around. I tried my hardest to make the experience fun, it just didn't work.
>>
>>332229473
The game would have ended instantly if he did though.
It's like giving a power armor to Dante or Vergil
>>
>>332229637
>"b-but that's how the game wants you to play i swear!"

hey, don't complain about fags when you're sucking dick on the side
>>
>>332229804
I'm so sorry for only liking games that are actually good
>>
>>332229637
I agree about the story being shit, but the cutscenes were mostly ok. At least some of the characters were fun. One-dimensional stereotypes, sure, but fun nonetheless. Like that evil chick and her pet gay nazi, or the Jimi Hendrix character.
>>
It's really good. One of the only really good FPS games out there. No multiplayer either, they fully focused on the singleplayer and it showed.
>>
>>332229937
They could at least come up with a good reason why BJ couldn't use it, other than "this chick that never uses it for anything useful needs it more than the guy constantly getting shot at, please feel sorry for her because she has no legs!"

Or hell, just not put it in the game in the first place. What's even the point of dangling something like that in front of the player and then not letting them use it?
>>
>>332229953
not an argument
>>
>>332228813
>peace

The game made it aware that there was a functioning resistance and the people you meet are obviously not happy about the Nazi regime. Also, there's the inhumane treatment of prisoners, human experimenatation, and murdering of innocents thing
>>
it's fun.
played like 7 hours in one sitting, and I haven't played it again since.
>>
>>332230335

To me it felt like the story was cobbled together to match set pieces and game segments. They did what they could, it's effective if contrived.
>>
>>332230457
>there was a functioning resistance
Yeah, of about six people. And they barely did anything until Chunk Sizzlebeef joined them and solved all their problems singlehandedly.

>the people you meet are obviously not happy about the Nazi regime
No shit, they're the resistance.

>there's the inhumane treatment of prisoners, human experimenatation, and murdering of innocents thing
That's why I said 99%, not 100%. And most of the prisoners were either terrorists or enemy combatants. Not saying that mistreating POWs is good, but still.
>>
>>332224017
if you like fps is pretty neat has pretty cool lore and the gunplay is satisfying
>>
>>332224135
That doesn't say much.
>>
>>332224017
Above average. Not my favorite shooter, but I think it's a solid enough experience for a recommendation.
Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.