[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help a beginner out for Warcraft 3. I've played a little
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: maxresdefault.jpg (255 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
255 KB, 1600x900
Help a beginner out for Warcraft 3.

I've played a little bit of SC2 and was meh but I have no idea how to build in this game

Are the races extremely different like in SC2?
>>
P-please
>>
Not really, the mechanics are the same for each race. Playing the campaign teaches you to play as you go adding more and more stuff as you go.
>>
>>332219082
So I should start there
>>
>>332217385
There are plenty of strategies around in comp play, watch a stream or two or watch videos about 'em
oh and also use some program for your keys likr wckeys or something like that
>>
>>332220075
the campaign is your first stop
normal skirmish as orcs then build from there
>>
>>332217385
You will never be able to play competitively unless you find a friend who also sucks at the game.

Just play custom games with /v/. Custom games are infinitely more funner than the rest of the game.
>>
>>332217385
>Are the races extremely different like in SC2?

Seeing just how homogenized Starcraft 2 is, I have to say no.
They're varied with some overlap, which is infinitely more than in Starcraft 2.
>>
They're much more different than in SC2.

Tech trees, unit roles, heroes, unique traits... there are differences everywhere.
>>
>>332221467
When does the /v/ play custom games?
>>
glad you could bake it Uther
>>
>>332221467
I have friends who are new too, we might start playing
>>
Since this is kind of relevant ,what are the best RTS games out right now

SC2 is shit
>>
>

I was about to list all of the god-tier custom games that are now lost to history as only a faint memory that you're never going to be able to experience, but I decided against it.

Play through the campaigns of WC3 / TFT, then go do something better with your time.
>>
>>332222680
Start a thread telling /v/ to play custom games

Probably Friday nights
>>
>>332222789
don't u talk to me like that fuccboi
>>
>>332223580
W-why not online
>>
File: warcraft 3 custom games.png (92 KB, 1064x803) Image search: [Google]
warcraft 3 custom games.png
92 KB, 1064x803
>>332223580
>>
http://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791432376233
join steam chat for best worst support online
>>
>>332217385
>Humans can use more than one builder at a time
>Orcs are like Terrans, but without moving buildings, and supply depots that double as bunkers
>Undead are like Protoss, if gas had to be harvested by zelots, pylons could be turned into turrets, and you have zerg creep. You don't need harvesters to go back to base from gas.
>Night Elves are all invisible during the night. They sac harvesters like zerg. They don't need their harvesters to go back and forth between the base and crystals.

Also, heros are a thing, and are very different

>>332223337
RTS are dead
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.