[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fans of Silent Hill/P.T
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (241 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
241 KB, 1920x1080
Hey guys. Going to be developing a video-game pretty soon and I am in the concept stages at the moment. It's going to serve as an unofficial Silent Hill tribute, perhaps a fan-driven idea of where the series should have gone.

You guys got any interesting ideas to make this great? Feel free to ask me questions too.
>>
>>332214345
>concept stages
come back with a semi-workable prototype
literally every single indie dev is in the fucking concept stages for years and does nothing with it
fuck you
>>
>>332214858
/thread
>>
>>332214858
Okay, just you watch.

Anyway......
>>
more blue less red
>>
>>332214858
Okay. I had planned on it. Just thought it wouldn't be half bad idea to ask some people online in case they had any form of constructive thought.

Never mind eh?

Inb4 not even crowdfunding this.

Anyway......
>>
>>332215335
>>332215607
>Anyway......
>>
>"Spiritual successor"
>to PT

Into the trash it goes
>>
Octogons are the superior Quadra lateral triangles are 4 squares
>>
>>332215740
It's to Silent Hill, not P.T. Fans of P.T were likely looking forward to a new SH
>>
So far the only PT spiritual successor that works just as nicely is Visage
The other ones either don't give you enough time to focus on getting comfortable and enjoying the scenery before things gradually go to shit or outright tell you they're meant to scare you like Allison Road
>>
>>332217236
My game is focused primarily on the scenery and town itself instead of jumpy horror. I want my players to feel uncomfortable more than anything, but I also want to push them to think. Environmental storytelling is a feature
>>
>>332214345
>Going to be
>concept stages
fan-driven ideas

So you got nothin. Do you know a programming language? Can you do art? Horror games are very difficult to make. I don't know you but from your OP and having nothing to go on but "Silent Hill Tribute" you should probably stop wasting everyone's(mainly your) time. It's been done to death. Idea guys are a dime a dozen. No one wants to do work for you thats already been done. It'll most likely end up being a clone of lone survivor rather than silent hill anyway even if you COULD get osmething going. Fuck you made me mad dude.
>>
>>332217929
Yes I can actually. Been studying fine art (specifically Francis Bacon if you know where I'm going with this) and I'm currently obtaining my Degree in Games Art.
>>
I also have plenty to go on. The majority of the project is scoped out, with reference materials.

It's going to be set in a riverside town that is based on the scenery of the Norfolk Broads
>>
>>332217579
It really depends on how you approach the game
If you want to go with the silent hill approach you have to get the player comfortable and then hit him with gradually disturbing stuff
If you play it out like Allison Road your game is going to tank very fast and people will remember how you're one of the many who tried to imitate a teaser of a cancelled game
>>
>>332219732
That bit I have narrowed down. Things will gradually become more uncomfortable, this isn't a game that a YouTube autist will scream obnoxiously at. It'll be slow, gradually changing etc.
>>
>>332218508
>degree in game art
>>
>>332220040
Do you have a narrative for the game?
>>
>>332220041
Was that an attempt at undermining someone earning a degree? If so, then I assume you have the attitude of "why go to university?"
>>
>>332220229
Narrative is absent purely because it isn't the focus at the minute. It'll be made up of sub-stories about the residents that will form a clearer picture of what they were like.
>>
>>332220040
You know the game won't work unless you keep reminding them that they're going to die in a subtle way right?
If you go down the Layers of fear road it's dead from the start
I hope you have a nice backstory and some killer art direction because people WILL focus on that
>>
>>332220507
So there are multiple characters like Siren?
>>
>>332220>>332220696
The threat of death won't be present until some time has passed, almost as a sense of false security. Archictural Phenonema make take part in ways the player could die
>>
>>332221228
Two questions.

1. How much time is estimated to pass until the spooks start happening?

2. Are there going to be any meaningful tasks while things are chill? Or do you just walking around until something spooky happens?
>>
File: image.jpg (116 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
116 KB, 720x720
>>332221650
The games intro should take about 30 minutes (which is fair amount of time for a horror game)

And general silent hill-sequel puzzle solving

Also here's an awful snap of something I created recently.
>>
>>332220507
How do you plan to guide the experience if you're focusing on environmental storytelling? Is it just going to be free run of the town or is there a framing device of some kind?
>>
>>332214345
Don't
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.