[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the new Crysis? A standout game that has astronomically
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: nine years old.jpg (27 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
nine years old.jpg
27 KB, 460x215
What's the new Crysis?

A standout game that has astronomically good graphics far beyond other games but little else, I can't think of any.

Also reminder that the game is nearly a decade old.
>>
File: crysis unarmed gameplay.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
crysis unarmed gameplay.webm
3 MB, 640x360
>>332208823
original Crysis had damn good and dynamic gameplay as well, and plenty of environmental interaction and physics on boot.

Nowadays the graphics-driven techdemo games tend to have all static worlds and / or all linear map design. Even Crysis' own sequels fell for this streamlining trap, and became console-multiplatform titles.

That being said, it's hard to find better real-time graphics than Crysis 3. Vanishing Of Ethan Carter is pretty close second, with the digi-scanned assets.
>>
>>332208823
Kingdom Come: Deliverance is looking good. Using CryEngine 4.
>>
>>332208823
No other game has surpassed Crysis.

Some games have better models and textures but no games do the other stuff like rendering millions of polygons that are all physics activated and rendering millions of volumetric particles.
>>
Battlefront i guess.
>>
>>332208823
>Crysis
>A standout game
Kek
>>332209265
>original Crysis had damn good and dynamic gameplay as well
What? C'mon guys...
>>332210030
>No other game has surpassed Crysis
Guys, guys. I know you're not this dumb.
Seriously?
Are we actually going to sit here and pretend Crysis is anything more than a pretty game? It's gameplay mundane and samey throughout.
The level maps are not as intuitive as they seem and half way through the game, they get thrown out the window completely in favor of tight alien shootemup corridors.
>>
Crysis 3 still seems to be the big benchmark and that was released a while ago
>>
>>332210743
Standout in graphics, dingus.
>>
>>332210743
...pretty much everyone itt is in agreement that crysis is basically a graphics benchmark. did you even read the posts you quoted?
>>
>>332210743
The gameplay is better than other games too. I thought we were just talking about graphics though.

The alien levels are objectively the best alien levels in FPS video games.
>>
>>332210743
Can you read, nigger? That's what the thread is about.
>>
Purely graphically?

The new Battlefront has some amazingly well made environments.
>>
>>332211004
>The gameplay is better than other games too.
I mean it's better than the COD or battlefield campaigns, but not much else.
>The alien levels are objectively the best alien levels in FPS video games.
I don't even... How? How can you think that? The aliens are when the gameplay goes to shit.
Halo's Library has more versatility than the alien levels.
>>
>>332211476
>Halo's Library has more versatility than the alien levels.
Pong had more variety than that shitfest.
>>
Name another game allowing this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaHS-y_mapQ
>>
>>332211402
it is an artistically competent game: great models, great texture, great baked lighting.
lighting, shadow, fx, ai, physic, animation... are run of the mill.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.