[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>game has voice chat >no push to talk I don't think
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: pc-microphone-gn3_hi.jpg (84 KB, 800x758) Image search: [Google]
pc-microphone-gn3_hi.jpg
84 KB, 800x758
>game has voice chat
>no push to talk

I don't think calling it bad design is enough, the devs should be classified as mentally retarded. There is nothing worse than this in gaming. It may as well not even have voice chat at all.
>>
name 1 game that does this
>>
>>332206734
Any MP console game.
>>
>>332206795
>console
there's your problem
>>
>>332206795
but all the microphones made for consoles have a mute button
>>
>>332206543
>download skype because family
>looking for push to talk option, no such option
>check online
>"Set press to mute and mute your mic, so that pressing the button unmutes your mic to talk."
>people calling the lack of a simple 'push to talk' lazy getting attacked by rabid fanboys
>"It works just the same, it's a communication tool, not a voice chat program."

Fucking uninstalled and told the family it wouldn't work.
>>
>>332206734
USFIV
MGO 3 did it, I don't know if it's changed
>>
>>332206734
Dying Light
>>
>>332207085
I can't believe how long they've stuck with that shit. There's no reason it shouldn't have push to talk.
>>
>>332207085
I don't even use Skype but that's a retarded thing to complain about since it works exactly as push to talk, your mic is muted until you hold the mute/unmute key to talk.
>>
>>332207725
From my understanding, you have to press the button again to mute your mic. It's a toggle, not a hold like most other programs that use a simple PtT.
>>
>>332208041
I haven't used Skype in a couple years, but I'm pretty sure I held the button down. I'd mute my mic at the beginning of the call by clicking on the mute button in the Skype window and then use my mute/unmute bind as a push to talk.
>>
>>332207085
There are lots of easy to set up push to talk programs out there, just get one of those. Skype also has hotkeys.
>>
>>332207141
they patched it out, like one month after the game came out.
they delayed it for half a year and we still got fucked royally.
>>
>these fucking retards unironically using Skype as a way to communicate while playing games

Not only this piece of shit sucks on your RAM and CPU like a whore on crack cocaine but it also spies on you to hell and back. Use fucking Mumble you daft cunt.
>>
>Game has push to talk
>No one uses voice chat ever, like literally fucking never
>Forget it's there after hundreds of hours of gametime
>Load into a mission just today
>THEY CALL ME CUBAN PETE, I'M THE KING OF THE <burp> RUMBA BEAT MY MARACAS THEY G--
>Host disconnects
I laughed my ass off for like 10 minutes
>>
>>332208569
>Not only this piece of shit sucks on your RAM and CPU like a whore

Sorry some of us didn't fall for the budget PC meme.

Enjoy that i3
>>
>>332208569
>Use fucking Mumble you daft cunt.

>Community I play several games with decides to get a dedicated voice com server for us to use
>We try Vent, Teamspeak and Mumble and give them each a decent test
>Mumble has by far the highest audio quality AND lowest latency in our tests
>They go with Vent because it's more popular and they hear about it more often
>>
>>332208569
I was dealing with skype for a long time, but recently it stopped fucking working.
Text chat has been fucked for months but I dealt with it. But now it would autocorrect your fucking mic volume and you couldn't turn it off. Literally, you could fucking not. It changed your goddamn control panel settings, it wasn't even on it's side. And it was EXTREMELY aggressive, which meant that when me and my mates played games and one of us went GET THAT FUCKING NIGGER AAAA USE YOUR SHIT what we'd actually hear was GET TH and then he'd be inaudible for the next 5 minutes because he couldn't tab out to manually raise his volume again.
What a piece of shit software, seriously. So glad I wrangled all my friends away.
>>
>>332209106
>Text chat has been fucked for months
GOD
That shit's horrible
It would fucking reorganize your messages at random and like get fucking stuck sending some but not others
Like what the fuck was up with that
Did the NSA start collecting info again
>>
>>332206543
>using a mic

enjoy your google botnet
>>
>>332208569
I wish my friends would bother getting something else. I've wasted a lot of time because somebodies Skype would fuck up and not let them join the call, or sign in.
>>
File: 1451952582513.jpg (50 KB, 449x597) Image search: [Google]
1451952582513.jpg
50 KB, 449x597
>Playing a multiplayer game
>Listening to the Phantom of the Opera
>Start singing along
>After I finish everyone on my team claps
>Close the game and uninstall

I disable my mic before launching multiplayer games now.
>>
>>332210000
>That one guy with the always open mic
>Always yelling and laughing really loud and having a great time
>Some bozo tells him to shut up
>He's just like "oh sorry"
>Game becomes really quiet and boring, lose interest completely
This has happened like 30 times in FPS games for me
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.