[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sonyfriends, Demon's Souls or Bloodborne sequel? Which would
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1
File: 1.jpg (353 KB, 600x727) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
353 KB, 600x727
Sonyfriends, Demon's Souls or Bloodborne sequel? Which would you like more?
>>
Demons

BBs setting does not appeal to me at all
>>
Demon Souls already got three.

I've never played bb because ps4 exclusive but it obviously could use one more.
>>
>>332204887
Blood

DSs setting does not appeal to me at all
>>
bloodborne = dark souls > demons souls > not playing a game > dark souls 2
>>
Bloodborne.

DeS setting does not appeal to me at all.final boss is chosen undead is retarded shit.
>>
DaS3 > DaS1 > DeS > BB > DaS2
>>
Pretty sure FROM and Miyazaki said there's not going to be any more Souls games.
>>
>>332204887
AC successor
>>
>>332205546
Im sure bamco will find a new chink to direct the games.
>>
>>332205435
>DeSs final boss is the chosen undead
>>
Bloodborne
>>
>>332204887
umm how about armored core ?
>>
>>332205643
>>332205875
pls be realistic
>>
>>332205546
>not going to be any more Dark Souls games

ftfy
>>
>>332205971
>demon's actually getting a proper sequel
YOU be realistic
>>
As a PS4 owner, I'd prefer that everyone can enjoy these games, even if it's just so that the shitposting on both sides would stop.

That being said, I would prefer a setting where the environment and locations could provide more variety, so I'd be inclined to choose demons souls.

I feel that while the cosmic horror part of bloodborne was a neat idea, and the art design was pretty good, I don't think they really explored it very well, as most of bloodborne's areas bored me to tears. And I'm not entirely sure whether they would do it any further justice in a sequel.
>>
If bloodborne had just a little more armour variety it would be the perfect game.
>>
>>332206000
Na, they said specifically that they're not going to use the same formula again.
>>
>>332206221
Nope. Go and look up that interview again. Miyazaki said "I don't think it's ok to just keep making DARK Souls games forever."
>>
BB because with DaS3 coming, we could use a BB that actually has a decent amount of content.
>>
Bloodborne's setting is nice but seems way too self-contained. Like the whole Lovecraft thing and ayy lmao twist can only really be done once when the crumbling Medieval decay setting of Demon's can be done over and over again no problem. Bloodborne is a great one-off and a sequel would ruin the charm.
>>
>>332206221

You'd have to be retarded to think they don't want money.
>>
>>332206349
He also Said before that DaS3 is not going to be the last one of the Dark Souls franchise
>>
>>332206221
they only said last dark souls. they never said that it was last game of this genre. they might make a new game in new setting with same formula like what they did with BB
>>
Not sure what a Demons Souls 2 can bring to the table now since Dark Souls 3 has a lot of the Demons Souls arsenal already in it, including the MP bar, and non-upgradable armor (only weapons are upgradable so fashion souls is back).

I guess area-specific magic like Demons Souls Stormruler? Except for all of the weapons? Or maybe world tendency that influences AI again? Wishful thinking here.

As much as I would like to say Demons, Miyazaki-san said Dark Souls 3 would be like the end of an era, so he and his company would look like liars if they announce a Demons 2 or a Dark 4 so soon.

In terms of originality Bloodborne definitely. Fromsoft really perfected their game vision with BBs DLC. So a whole game with the same quality would be neat. But a Demons Souls 2 with Bloodborne DLC quality? No way I can say no to that either.
>>
>>332206570
This may sound strange to you but for some people risking to explore something new is more important than re-hashing the same thing over an over again simply because it sells.
>>
>>332206880
In the interview I read they said the gameplay is starting to get stale and they'd rather offer players something completely new.

It doesn't matter if they change the setting when the gameplay stays the same. Eventually fatigue will kick in and people will get tired of Souls gameplay.

I know there are hardcore fans that still play Diablo 2 to this day but those are the minority.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.