[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright stardew faggots I need some pointers I'm in the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: 6-noscale.jpg (149 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
6-noscale.jpg
149 KB, 1024x768
Alright stardew faggots I need some pointers

I'm in the mood for some farming games a la harvest moon for my 3DS since I'll be on a PC hiatus for god knows how long

I've heard plenty of bad things about the newer HM games since they're not made by the original devs or something like that, so I think rune factory 4 might be a good choice. In case I'm wrong, what's a good alternative?
>>
Avoid The Lost Valley at all costs either get RF4 if you want an excellent RPG with farming and waifus or get Story of Seasons which is now being made by the original Harvest Moon devs.
>>
A lot of people like RF but as a Harvest Moon fan I don't really. It is a spinoff of Harvest Moon and is arguably better than modern HM games but there is a huge focus on combat meaning stuff like farming and exploring the town is over very quickly so you don't waste time fighting stuff outside.
>>
File: 1446354756.png (20 KB, 275x200) Image search: [Google]
1446354756.png
20 KB, 275x200
>>332204435
That's what I'm afraid that'll happen. The whole RPG thing is a mixed bag for me and I don't know how well I'll accept it

Also I'm using a N3DS so I can shove in an injected rom of Harvest Moon SNES, but I don't know if that one is good either. I was only introduced to the series in the PS2
>>
>>332204139
>I've heard plenty of bad things about the newer HM games since they're not made by the original devs or something like that

The original devs lost the rights to the English title "Harvest Moon" so starting with The Lost Valley, games with the HM title are just cash grabs the owner of the name made to take advantage of the confusion. The original series is still being localized but the English title is now Story of Seasons.

They're still shitty though. Harvest Moon reached it's logical peak back in the PS1/N64 era and every game since then has just been yearly dev cycle gimmick shit of various success. It's like Assassin's Creed now, one game every year takes precedence over quality.
>>
Story of Seasons if you want Harvest Moon. Rune Factory 4 if you want to trade a bit of farming depth for a story, decent action combat, and much deeper interactions with NPC.
>>
>>332204730
SNES is one of the best HM games, only beaten by the two games that came imminently after it for the PS1/N64 (and the GBA game which is a remake of the PS1 game).

So get either SNES or the GBA one if you haven't already played them.
>>
SNES, N64, GBC are some of the better Harvest Moon games. Simplistic, fun, and addicting.

SoS is the only worthwhile recent Harvest Moon game, but I'd recommend Rune Factory 4 over it.
>>
File: art-001.jpg (203 KB, 900x644) Image search: [Google]
art-001.jpg
203 KB, 900x644
Guess that's that then. I'll get RF4, Story of Seasons and HM SNES

Thanks for everything folks. Are there any other chill games I should be aware of? I'm going back to an almost full vidya halt and it'd be pretty nice to have more lasting games, but those cluster lists and images are too overwhelming for cherrypicking imo
>>
>>332205341
>an other chill games
Yes, related to the HM picture you posted, Legend of the River King.
>>
>>332205341
Fantasy Life is an immensely charming and chill game. No farming and is RPG-y but 12 "lives", 8 of which are non-combat.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.