[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
About to start my first blind run of this. Should I pick up the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
About to start my first blind run of this. Should I pick up the dlc before starting or save it for the second playthrough?
>>
>>332201909
save it for the second playthrough anon
>>
>>332201909
yes
>>
Old Hunters makes this the best Souls game so yes
>>
>>332201909
I think it's on sale so get it, just go back to do it when the house in hunters dream is on fire.
>>
>>332201909
Dlc effectively doubles the amount of weapons, with some of the best scaling weapons being in the dlc. Get it.
>>
Get the dlc and play the dlc by the time you get to the end of the normal game. Trying to do the dlc on ng+ is a tough one. Just get close to beating the normal game, then play the dlc, then beat the normal game
This will also let you have a larger variety of weapons for ng+
>>
This
>>332202196
>>
The dlc is fantastic, so I'd do it on the first run so that you don't feel burned out playing it on your second.
>>
>tfw I am shit at parrying

JUST
>>
OP here. Thanks anons; I'll get the dlc, but at what point do I play it?

>>332202196
Why do it at that point? Is that the end of the game?
>>
>>332202196
Not on sale in NA, is there an upcoming one?
>>
>>332201909
Buy the DLC and play it just before the fight with Gehrman.
>>
>>332202895
When the Hunter's Dream catches fire, yes, you have one TWO boss fight left.
>>
>>332202924
In bongland so not sure about yous

>>332202895
Yes, nothing main story wise left to do at that point.
>>
I wish DLC stuff like in the Souls games and Bloodborne could be better integrated into the game. They always feel like separate tangents, nothing from the base game is woven into the DLC and vice versa, all of the content, like weapons and items, are found exclusively in the DLC, which means that even though the old hunters nearly doubles the weapon count, now half of the weapons in the game are found across three optional endgame areas. If you want to do a playthrough of the game with any weapon found after Ludwig, good fucking luck getting it before you're almost done with the game.

I think I would have liked it if the hunter's nightmare area with its two bosses was a midgame area, the research tower or whatever it's called and the hamlet were another, separate lategame area, and some of the weapons were found in areas from the base game. Bonus points if they can make some of the NPC sidequests from the base game utilize the areas from the DLC once you've got it, so everything feels more woven together.
>>
>>332203284
In UK you can pick up the GOTY edition for £20 from Smyths, if you're lucky enough to find one with stock right now.
>>
>>332202895
The reason is because the dlc is one of the most challenging experiences of the main game. If you do it as soon as you get the key after beating Amelia, you'll be severely under leveled. Once you hit level 60+ you should be able to handle it.
>>
>>332201909
I would definitely play it on your first playtrough, theres no reason to not get it.
>>
>>332202341
played dlc first time on ng+5. not too tough. needed help with Ludwig though
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.