[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Post reasons why Nintendo of Europe > Nintendo of America
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3
Post reasons why Nintendo of Europe > Nintendo of America
>>
File: BILL.png (143 KB, 266x318) Image search: [Google]
BILL.png
143 KB, 266x318
>Xenoblade Chronicles is already out in the European E- Shop

>It's not in the American E-shop

I love NOA fucking us in the ass

Thanks Reyi
>>
>>332189168
GameStop owns distribution rights to xenoblade Chronicles for the Wii in the States, Nintendo is not allowed to put it on the eshop, that's why xenoblade on N3DS is a thing
>>
>>332189459
YOU HAVE
GOT
TO
BE
KIDDING
ME

LIHDSJLHLIHSRBLISIRLGHOSRHOIRSHOIVAON FUCKING GAMESTOP GOD DAMMIT
>>
>Still no release date for FE:fates
I'm almost convinced at this point they are redoing the translation.
The question is why is NoA so shit I mean Europe is Sony central but they still offer us all these cool extras the only real bonus of being in America is release dates and more games get localized.
>>
>Another Code R
>Last Window
>Disaster: Day of Crisis
>the entire Inazuma Eleven series
>localized and published Solatorobo, The Last Story and Pandora's Tower themselves while NOA didn't give a shit and XSEED has to step in and do it
>Xenoblade in general
>New Style Boutique 2
>Hyrule Warriors LE
>Bayonetta 2 special LE
>Bravely Default and Second special LEs
>Project Zero/Fatal Frame 5 physical release
>games on the EU eShop not on the US eShop like Xenoblade
>demos too like Pokken's
>>
>>332189807
It's interesting

Nintendo should care more about the American continent, specially when most of them buy their games and consoles, but instead we get fucked in the anus.
>>
Because America is already licking Nintendo's feet. NoE are actively trying to appeal to people in Europe that normally wouldn't give a fuck about Nintendo with how Nintendo treated them for the past 20+ years.
>>
>>332189897
Shit like this is why I'm hesitant to buying a wii U, that and the other dumb shit that NoA does, which is weird that it wasn't too long ago when yuropoors were getting fucked in the ass by Nintendo. Why can't just release their games like virtually every other publisher?
>>
>>332190158
>remembering the huge release gap of Brawl in the US and EU

Jesus
>>
>>332189752
Nope it's true, notice how xenoblade is back to being $70 again to work around msrp
>>
>>332189752
And that could have been avoided if NoA would have just released the game to begin with but they were so sure it wouldn't sell and be worth the effort that they had to get someone else to do it for them.
>>
>>332189897
I forgot things like un-memeing localizations (such as Triforce Heroes) and even uncensoring games in one case (FE Awakening's DLC). I wish they were able to uncensor more games, but I guess going further than unediting a pic is out of their league.
>>
>>332190014
It's not like they don't care, it's just that NoA is fucking retarded
>>
>>332190462
Oh, and rumor has it NOE are the ones who decided to localize Mother 3, if we want to believe that.
>>
>>332190014
I think most of it comes down to advertising America tends to have massive aggressive advertising campaigns to attract as much attention as possible while Europe is much more small scale they will have a few adverts on children's channels and programs and connect to their older audience through the net which is why they can afford to produce these little bonuses.
>>
>>332190368
With regards with that I have no idea. Feel they also do stuff like bundles like OP pictures is to somehow make up for it. They also need to translate multiple languages (sometimes doing redoing English) which takes a shit load of time.
>>
>>332190701
Chances of it appearing in E3 16'?
>>
>>332189168
To add further salt in the wound, it was 50% off when XCX launched. Best value ever in the eShop considering physical copies are fucking £90 here.
>>
>>332191650
We don't know if it's even true, but it was in the same leak that mentioned the new Paper Mario on Wii U and that turned out to be true, so there's a chance. If you don't mind me speculating, I feel the two most likely dates of reveal will be either E3 (since Mother 1 was also revealed and released last E3) or next April 20th since it'll be the 10th anniversary of the Japanese release of Mother 3. They might want to do something to celebrate it.
>>
>>332189459
Post source. I cannot fucking believe that Gamestop of all places has NoA by the nuts
I just want muh Gamepad Xenoblade
>>
I bet this isn't avaliable in Canada.
Again.

I hate being lumped in with the burgers,we don't get any of the awesome Euro bundles, and instead have to get the NA trash, yet half the time we don't even get what they get.

Fuck my shit country.

I'm STILL salty about the Bayo2 bundle.

Reeeeeeee
>>
>>332192065
The only thing I can see Japan doing is either having all 3 games on the 3DS like with Mother 1+2 on GBA. And if they are going to do that I can see NoA talking about a localized version coming out on the same day since all they need to do is localize Mother 3.
>>
File: nintendo does it again.png (567 KB, 800x480) Image search: [Google]
nintendo does it again.png
567 KB, 800x480
Nintendo of Europe cares about diversity. I hope they make Samus a trans Muslim women in the next Metroid game
>>
>>332192065
>>332192065
>April 20th
DUDE
WEED
I think they might just put it out on that date instead of waiting a whole other year
>>
>>332192129

It's only for the US, because the distribution amount was so small they couldn't possibly have spread it through typical channels. Gamestop agreed to distribute the game, in return for complete control over Xenoblade Chronicles' distribution rights.
>>
>>332192712
I mean the source on how Gamestop's distribution rights somehow affects the eShop release. If that's the case, how did they manage to get XBC3D to break that when it's technically the same game? Or is it only specific to Wii retail distribution?
>>
>>332192409
I don't want to play devil's advocate, but New Style Boutique changes the setting in the localization process and you're way more likely to find black people in Europe than Japan.

And it's better than outright not bringing the game over like NoA did anyway.
>>
>>332189807
I only watched the uk direct but its generally the same, the last direct quoted a release date of 20th may.
>>
>>332192938
The setting in both games is magical doll city. It's not based in the real world
>>
>>332189459

Yeah I hear this a lot, but Nintendo still owns publishing rights. Source?
>>
>>332193093
2 months wait
>still no special edition announced
If I miss the limited print I'm gonna be salty as fuck.
>>
>>332193232
They localize the characters' names.
>>
>>332193457
There's the 3 pack thing with both games and the dlc on one cartage.
It comes with a steelbook, art book and a double sided poster . No sign of it for sale in the uk anywhere I can find.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.