[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this the best armor from a non-fantasy game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: dsis.jpg (675 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
dsis.jpg
675 KB, 1920x1200
Is this the best armor from a non-fantasy game?
>>
>>332185515
issac neutron armor vs the field? take the field i guess.
>>
I do love dead space 1 armor but the armor from two really does look objectively cooler, although the original fits Isaac's theme of being an engineer and not a space marine much better.
>>
the vintage suit is great, a lot of them are great but some are pants on head - mostly the DLC ones

ive replayed 1 &2 enough times i run thru it in the basic rig so everything one shots me its great
>>
I think it's great in the sense that it actually look like a futuristic heavy duty engineering suit, not an armor obviously designed for combat.
>>
Man, say what you will about Dead Space as a series but I personally think Isaac and his fucking gear is some of the coolest shit ever.
Sure, originally he was a space engineer and whatever, because that's what he was going into the situation. In 2, he was basing his gear on what would best help him shit all over Necroshits in the most practical and efficient manner

By 3 who knows what the fuck was going on, I kind of ignore all but the very end of that shitshow.

That said, I really like Isaac. The idea of some average space jobber coming face to face with otherwordly abominations and going through SO much shit that he ascended beyond terror or fear or even anger and just became fucking sick of alien bullshit while the rest of his planet is kekholded beyond all hope.

Isaac had a hard life.
>>
>>332185515
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-m890jqxgkA
>>
You made a Dead Space thread on accident.
>>
>>332190165
He's the only thing that remained good in the serie.
I think DS1 was fucking great, an actual horror game
DS2 was a lot more oriented action and I wasn't too keen on Isaac gaining a voice, but it was still a decent game
DS3 just shat the bad, an actual case of EA being EA.

Overall though I'd preferred Isaac to stay silent, I know it's weird but I think it actually give him a bit more character.
>>
>>332190191
His yellow engineer suit is the best
>>
>>332190427
>Overall though I'd preferred Isaac to stay silent, I know it's weird but I think it actually give him a bit more character.

No, it just let you assign him whatever personality you liked most. Kind of like reading a book vs. seeing the movie of that book, a lot of the stuff ends up looking completely different than what you expected because a good chunk of it was up to your imagination.
>>
>>332190427
I don't know about silent. Maybe semi-voiced.
Like, you obviously hear his man grunts and shit but maybe take a very limited approach to dialogue for the sake of story. He spends a majority of the games alone, so it'd make sense for all dialogue to come from logs and other people but maybe have him radio something or someone every once in a while./

Personally I think his development was fine although maybe a little TOO much of the "look how CRAAAAAZY he is."

They could have made him a semi-crazy jaded Ayyslayer, the kind of character your spayce mereen meets on some bumfuck planet who's been fighting bullshit for decades weapons made from strapped together forks and excrement.

>Isaac is an engineer just going for another hob and hopefully reconnecting with his grill
>Isaac is fucking tramatised by ayys and all kinds of ethereal bullshit
>Isaac is forced to face this shit all over again but manages to go semi-offensive
>Isaac's own people are bending over to be fucked by the things he's been fighting tooth and nail against
>This one jaded fucking ballbag is shitting down the throat of cultish ayyfags and basically you're just fucking retarded
>click here to find out more
>>
Plot twist: fantasy doesn't only mean medieval high fantasy.
>>
>non-fantasy
>>
>>332191087
You should make that last part I to an actual picture
>>
I like the first suit you get in DS2 better. Looks similar to the original ones, but the head is more streamlined and it has a nice bronze/bluish green color.
>>
I like dead space's general aesthetic
Nice and gritty, like real vehicles, instead of shiny and shit
>>
My favorite part of DS2 was in the beginning, finding that guy who wakes up in a surgical chair with his innards still exposed with no clue wtf is going on.

I felt so bad for him.
>>
>>332185515
Man, Dead Space had such a great aesthetic in general. Isaac's suit, the plasma cutter, even the menus, everything looked great. It tread that perfect line between hard scifi and standard futuristic scifi.
>>
File: 1446179771760.jpg (22 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1446179771760.jpg
22 KB, 600x600
>tfw walking alone through the corridors of the ishimura

fantastic
>>
Why there is no Dead Space 2 2.0?

Is like they don't love money
>>
File: batman4.jpg (486 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
batman4.jpg
486 KB, 1920x1080
No, it's not.
>>
File: latest[1].png (3 MB, 973x1383) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
3 MB, 973x1383
>>332185515
It always reminds me of one of the Celestials.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.