[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How is the first dead space? I know the other games are generally
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
How is the first dead space?

I know the other games are generally viewed as pretty shit but I heard the first actually has some decent horror elements.
>>
It's pretty scary at some points but only toards the beginning then it's just mindless run and gun
>>
>>332184419
It's a great action game but the horror isn't scary, so it's kind of similar to F.E.A.R. in that way. It gives great feedback (enemies clearly being hurt by your attacks, great sound, limbs flying off), and it has good variation in enemy design so the encounters are kept interesting. The second one is even better, it's the third game that everyone hates.
>>
good horror-sci-fi mindless shooter
>>
>>332184419
>I know the other games are generally viewed as pretty shit

The first two games are generally regarded as more or less on par, it's only the third that is viewed as shit.

They are decent enough action/horror games, more action than horror. Think RE4, not RE1.
>>
>>332184419
having just played the first game very recently I can attest to how good it is.

I got the feeling of dread whilst playing it, wanting the horror to be over as, in my opinion, its treches on a bit too much with stuff always going wrong in the story.

I would reccomend it, it has held up consierably well considering its 8 years old. The second one I need to get round to playing but the consensus seems to be its a good if not better. The third is shit
>>
>>332184419
Not really horror at all
Great game though
Basically RE4 in space and instead of heads you aim for limbs
2 is decent as well, bit more action-y also maps are even more linear than in 1st which was disappointing
>>
>>332185047
Oh and boss battles are a fucking mess and something RE4 did way better
But still decent game
>>
>>332184419
>How is the first dead space?

Worth playing once at least for excellent environments and sound design. More if you are into over the shoulder shooters.
>>
Better than the second.

Haven't played the third.
>>
Ok i just started the game and i'm really hating that glowly thing you get that shows you a clear path to your next objective.

Any way to disable that?
Seems like it takes away from the horror elements,
>>
>>332184419
There are tense moments but not really scary, still a really good game. Personally love it, ammo conservation isn't that strict if you know how to take out enemies efficiently, exploration is fun.
RE4+BioShock in space
>>
Which one had that "This isn't for your mother" advertisement campaign?
>>
File: Dead-Space-3-Awakened-1.jpg (211 KB, 1920x1078) Image search: [Google]
Dead-Space-3-Awakened-1.jpg
211 KB, 1920x1078
It goes from Action with horror elements in DS1 to full action thriller in DS3.

Also, is pic related worth it?
I'm enjoying DS3 in coop so far, especially the weapon crafting.
>>
>>332185135
They're alright. Nothing spectacular and really easy when you figure out their gimmick, but a nice change of pace. The fucker in chapter 5, i believe, that chases you around is really tense your first time through
>>
>>332185698
second game
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMaWuvHbhB8
>>
>>332184419

It's pretty good.
It's resident evil in space.

The plot got a bit meh for me at the end but it's still interesting that you want to know what's going to happen.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.