[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Now that the dust has settled, can we all agree DaS = BB >
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 47
File: soulsborne.jpg (1 MB, 2304x1080) Image search: [Google]
soulsborne.jpg
1 MB, 2304x1080
Now that the dust has settled, can we all agree
DaS = BB > DeS > DaS 3 > DaS 2 ?
>>
>now that the dust has settled
the dust hasn't even been kicked up you rampant shill
>>
DaS>DeS=BB>DaS3>>DaS2
>>
DS3 is better than DS1.
I would not compare it to Bloodborne because they are pretty different games but i think DS3 will be the best "Souls" game.
>>
das is fucking shit compared to das3
>>
DaS3 isn't even out yet OP.

Why make these fucking shitty threads all the time?

Filtered.
>>
BB = DaS3 > DeS > DaS > DaS2

Of all the games Dark Souls has the worst second half. Everything fell to shit. However the beginning was strong enough to keep it mid tier.

Dark Souls 3 is the most fun, but Bloodborne is the most complete.
>>
Patch 1.00 DS3 is fucking shit. Let's wait for the WW release to pass on a judgment.
>>
>>332178901
How the fuck do you filter "anonymous" you colossal faggot?
>>
>>332179229
I can filter the thread you gargantuan fudgepacker.
>>
>>332179304
..Do you mean hide?
Because those are two different things.
>>
>>332179076
Bloodborne after amelia is garbage

all the areas excluding nightmare of mensis that follow are also garbage, and like 75% of those bosses are awful.

Like dark souls 1, BB is only good after the DLC.

Overall:

DS3>DS1>BB>DaS2>DeS
>>
>>332178572
>DaS on the top
Being a half finished mess doesnt make anything best.
>>
I can't decide wether I should get the deluxe edition or just the regular one for Dark Souls 3. Are they liable to make a definitive edition, like they did with Prepare To Die and Scholar of the First Sin?
>>
>>332179657
Just wait for the GOTY edition.
>>
>>332179657
>Are they liable to make a definitive edition, like they did with Prepare To Die and Scholar of the First Sin?
Most likely.
>>
>>332179551
The fuck?

DS1 DLC was shit. You mean the second game
>>
>>332179551
>Shadows of Yharnam
>Gehrman
>Moon Presence
>entirety of DLC
>garbage
this is some weak bait
>>
>>332179982
>not reading my post

Everything from amelia - gehrman is basically shit

The world design takes a nosedive, and loses all cohesion, and the areas are uninteresting with dull, easy bosses.

Moon Presence is shit as well, although his design is great.
>>
>>332178572
>game isn't even out yet
>95% of all the posters on /v/ are parroting word-of-mouth home translations and youtube'd boss fights
>"""""""""""""""""dust""""""""""""""""""""
>"""""""""""""""""settled""""""""""""""""""""
>>
>>332179964
>baiting this hard
DaS1 DLC>>DaS3>DeS>DaS1>BB>DaS3
>>
File: red knight.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
red knight.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1200
>>332178572
wait, I thought that the DaS3 posterboy was this guy
>>
>>332178572
Is the elite knight set the most aesthetic armor ever made?
>>
>>332180170
Where's DaS2 there?
>>
DeS>DS1>BB>DS3>DS2
>>
>>332180272
at the end I fucked up
I didn't played DLC so who knows if those are any good
>>
File: Havel_the_Rock.png (207 KB, 300x573) Image search: [Google]
Havel_the_Rock.png
207 KB, 300x573
>>332180216
no, this is
>>
>>332180215
Nope. This generic mook is the final boss.
>>
I love DES but its pure fucking nostalgia. How could you ever go back and play it after BB and DaS3? World 2 was dogshit also.
>>
>>332180372
>Not Smough
>>
>>332178572
BB > DaS3 > DaS > DeS >>>>> DaS2.
>>
>>332180390
Could say exactly the same for DaS.
>>
>>332178572
if all of those guys had a fight, who would win?
>>
>combat
BB>DeS>DaS>DaS2
>world design
BB>DeS>DaS>DaS2
>level design
BB=DaS>DeS>DaS2
>atmosphere
BB=DeS>DaS>DaS2
>weapons and equipment
BB>DaS2>DeS=DaS
>pvp
Shit>all of them
>>
>>332180216
I like Ornstein's the best visually.
>>
>>332179551
> everything after amelia is garbage except for nightmare of mensis

It must be real hard having taste that bad.
>>
>>332180516
at least until you try to wear it yourself
>>
>>332180390
I'm playing it right now for the first time in 2 years and I can handle it just fine. I play unlocked 90% of the time so the 4 point rolling doesnt get in the way

Rolls are smoother than in DaS, attack animations are fast and snappy and overall it just has a more fluid feel to it.

I dislike replaying DaS Because I lose all motivation after O&S
>>
>>332180452
I haven't seen what the 3 protag can do, but The Good Hunter from the first 4 games would easily win.
>>
>>332180390
Worlds 1, 3 and 4 are all great though, hell Latria is still arguably one of the top 3 Soulsborne areas.
>>
>>332180461
>Best level design goes to BB
>Weapons and equipment goes to BB
nice b8, i r8 8/8 m8
>>
>>332180557
>Rolls are smoother than in DaS, attack animations are fast and snappy and overall it just has a more fluid feel to it.
This is what I hated about DaS1, everything felt far heavier and slower. I know some people like that because it fits the 'knight in heavy armour' idea, but the me it simply amounted to an unenjoyable experience.
>>
>>332180652
>Best level design goes to BB

Not him but I'd love to hear your reasoning behind finding this wrong.
>>
Bloodborne is a better Dark Souls than Dark Souls advertised itself to be.

Better world cohesion, better levels, better bosses, better combat.

Its fine if you like Dark Souls' lore and setting more, but from a gameplay design standpoint Bloodborne is untouchable.

Dark Souls 3 will probably be the best.
>>
>>332178572
>including Bloodborne
Might as well include Armored Core if we're going to mix franchises. I mean, that series has a moonlight greatsword too.
>>
File: 6ll6QTI.jpg (802 KB, 1600x1330) Image search: [Google]
6ll6QTI.jpg
802 KB, 1600x1330
BB=DaS1>DeS>DaS2
objective truth
>>
DaS3 = DaS(not shitty PC port) > BB > DeS > DaS 2

BB's mechanics just don't work quite right
>>
>>332180796
sour grapes - the post- BB is a souls game newfag.
>>
File: sieglinde-of-catarina.jpg (31 KB, 300x416) Image search: [Google]
sieglinde-of-catarina.jpg
31 KB, 300x416
>>332180216
Hold on now m8.
>>
>>332180461
Combat:
DaS>BB>DaS2>DeS

I didn't like how bloodborne's combat felt much lighter and less satisfyingly weighty than dark souls, I also felt that it encouraged spamming because everything had bloated health bars

World Design:

DaS1>BB>DaS2>DeS

Dark Souls 1 is the only game that has a fully cohesive experience with the world, with the entire landscape feeling connected and realised.

I feel that BB's world was less interesting, and less structured nearer the end, with the majority of the games actual cohesive part in yharnam to around the forbidden woods shortcut feeling wellmade, but everything after that felt less realised, and it all fell apart around the nightmare area.

DeS level based design is the only reason I put DaS2 above it.

Level design:

DaS1>BB>DeS>DaS2

Atmosphere:

BB>DaS>DeS>DaS2

Weapons and Equipment:

DaS2>DaS>BB>DeS

PVP

DaS2>DaS>DeS>BB
>>
>>332180854
I played DaS on consoles first and the modded PC version is far better
Un-modded PC port is literally just the console version

Blighttown on consoles was a fucking nightmare
>>
>>332180880
No, BB is a clone of the souls series with minor tweaks.
>>
Is DS3 really better that DS1?
Why?
>>
>>332180915
ugly and goofy
>>
>>332180652
>>Weapons and equipment goes to BB
BB has by far the best weapons with the most depth and literally 3x the movesets of anything in the Souls games. There are less, but there are also less weapons in DaS1 than there were in 2, and yet DaS1 is still the better game.

As for level design, BB's areas are far bigger than DaS's and have a lot more verticality to them too. Not to mention in BB you get 1 lamp at the start of an area and you don't get another until after the area boss, meaning there's far more emphasis on smart weaving shortcuts rather than in DaS, where they just threw another bonfire or 2 throughout each area completely killing the fluidity and removing all threat and tension from the level design.
>>
>>332181002
Just like DaS3 is a clone of BB with minor tweaks.
>>
>>332181002
now THIS is a spicy meme! Careful anon, you'll hurt your mouth!
>>
>>332181069
And it breaks my heart
>>
File: 1441963361596.webm (3 MB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
1441963361596.webm
3 MB, 800x450
>>332180935
>I didn't like how bloodborne's combat felt much lighter and less satisfyingly weighty than dark souls
You have to be mentally retarded to think DaS1 had better combat than BB, it literally gave you 3x the number of possible attacks, let you chain into and out of every possible animation and both weapon forms, and charge attacks had more weight than anything in DaS could ever hope for. The movesets in BB shit all over DaS.

>>332180935
>Dark Souls 1 is the only game that has a fully cohesive experience with the world, with the entire landscape feeling connected and realised.
You realise that Bloodborne is literally seamlessly connected, exactly the same way as DaS, right? The only areas that aren't are Cainhurst and Mergo's iirc, and that's the same shit as Painted World and Anor Londo, hell you can actually see Cainhurst across the broken bridge from Hemwick, which is more 'connected' than jumping through a painting to Painted World.
>>
>>332180348
I know because I played them. And yes they are better than Artorias of the Abyss.

Fucking hell
>>
Is Chaos back in DaS3? How about the Ivory King?
>>
>>332180550
Post Amelia you have:

Forbidden Woods:

Bloated, dull with uninteresting, tedious enemies and a disappointing boss

Bygenwerth:

Tiny, despite being so important to the plot, little to do here, awful, awful boss.

Yahar'gul:

Full of tedious summoner enemies, high damage tedious carriage enemies that never stop chasing you, a three hunter battle that embodies tediousness, one boss that is genuinely decent and intereting, paarl, if somewhat easy once you start spamming his legs, and one horrendous awful boss.

Lecture Building:

Little of note, although this is the point at which the level design and world design takes a serious nosedive in quality.

Nightmare frontier:

Garbage, with little to do, and no real reason to even bother, amygdala is very easy and very disappointing after the buildup.

Nightmare of mensis:

Very good design, but micolash is one of the worst bosses in the series, mergo's wet nurse is disappointing, and that part with the winter lantern's is god awful. The rest of this area isn't that great either, but the overall design remains noteworthy for not falling just as hard as the other post amelia areas.

Hemwick charnel lane, relatively uninteresting, the boss is god awful.

Castle Cainhurst, the interiors have a nice aesthetic, but there is little to do here, and it's quite short. The boss is fairly decent though.

Upper Cathedral ward, short, the one black room is filled with ganking werewolves and the horrendously designed brainsuckers. The first boss in this location is awful, and the second has a few flaws, if only saved due to her fantastic design. Her right swipe damage is odd, and her charge's hitboxes are somewhat off.

Chalice dungeon's are garbage throughout.
>>
>>332181471
>stance changing attacks and R2 backstabs are gone in Dark Souls 3
why
WHY
WHY THE FUCK

They made the combat so much better and even fixed the horrible backstab issue that plagued earlier games, why the fuck did they remove them from 3
>>
>>332181595
>shadows of yharnam
>disappointing boss
???
>Amygdala
>disappointing
??????
>cainhurst
>short
??????
>brainsuckers
>horribly designed
?????????????
>>
>>332181794
Were they available in the previous Dark Souls titles?
>>
>>332181595
>shitting on Forbidden Woods and Yahar'gul
Literally shit taste holy fuck, those areas were great, weavy windy mazes with lots of side areas and shortcuts to tinker around in, not to mention if you got to Yahar'gul earlier in the game through Sackman it was a fucking awesome experience to see it after the massacre later. Mensis was also absolutely GOAT, and while Micolash was ez, I still think he was a fun addition, it was nice to have an actual talking human boss, and the fight suited his personality brilliantly. The braintrust part of Mensis was intense and frustrating and reminded me of Latria, I loved it.

Hemwick is one of my favourite areas in the entire series though, those aesthetics, shortcuts, seeing Cainhurst in the distance. Loved it.

I don't know how anyone could dislike Shadows of Yharnham, that shit was fun and intense solo and in co-op, it was like Ruin Sentinels done right.
>>
>>332181471
Even bloodborne's heavier weapons feel like you are swinging paper compared to DS1, I felt that DS1 simply mastered the weighty feel, that gave a more strategic and satisfying feeling when fighting enemies and bosses, whereas bloodborne mimics actiony games where hitting lots of enemies at once with lightning speed becomes the common experience, and spamming bosses while moving around with the ridiculously overpowered nonsensical dodging ruined all sense of genuine skill in fighting half the games enemies.

Dark Souls was simply more satisfying for me.
>>
>now that the dust has settled

the game hasn't even come out yet you fucktards. fuck your hype-train riding, streamer watching prematurely judgemental faggot ways and fuck you.
>>
>>332181941
No, they werent
One of the many reasons why the combat in BB was so much better
>>
>>332182156
>kirkhammer feels like swinging paper
>amygdalan arm feels like swinging paper
>ludwigs holy blade feels like swinging paper
Now THIS is some bullshit.
>>
>>332181914
Shadows of yharnam were a disappointing end to a disappointing area, they were easy and generally not very fun.

Amygdala was similarly very easy to kill, and felt cut into his area, the previous amygdala's you saw in the game were much, much more threatening.

Cainhurst was short, and pretty linear, with spongey enemies, and little in the way of rewarding drops.

Brainsuckers have 3 attacks that very specifically do large amounts of damage.

One is a grab attack while you are very close that can be spontaneous and unexpected, one is a fast spell that can be spammed and one is a tiny aoe that can be cast quite fast.

All of these lead to the same result, you losing the majority if not all your health through them sucking your brains.

The upper cathedral ward probably had about 5-6 of these in a small location, and it was frustratingly tedious dealing with them.

They're not badly designed, they are awfully designed
>>
>>332178572

Bloodborne is shit m8
>>
>>332182156
slow =/= "weighty"

DaS heavy weapons have almost no impact at all.
>>
>>332182156
>I felt that DS1 simply mastered the weighty feel, that gave a more strategic and satisfying feeling when fighting enemies and bosses
Kirkhammer had more oomf and impact than any DaS weapon IMO. The animation and sound that came off that really felt like you were actually swinging a gigantic steel hammer into the ground.

Other than that, DaS felt more weighty because it was literally designed to be. DeS was like BB/DaS3, very fast animations, even mid roll is fast etc.

Playing DaS1 felt slow, clunky and like you were trudging through Blighttown 24/7 if you didn't go fast roll, and even then the fast roll still felt more hollow and plastic than DeS' fast roll, the animation was horrendous.

And the fact that DaS1 is, by design, a slower game, makes it LESS strategic, as you have even more time to think about how not to fuck up, the enemies are slower etc.
>>
File: 1440722834020.webm (3 MB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
1440722834020.webm
3 MB, 800x450
>>332182156
wat, the heavy weapons in DaS move so slow they hit the ground like they're being eased down gently rather than slammed forcely into the ground. The character doesn't even put their back into the animation, it's so god damn floaty.
>>
>>332182446
They genuinely are though.

None of them have the same extendy arm weighty feeling that I had with dark souls weapons, none of them have the same camera shaking that makes it feel like it's a genuine struggle to swing these monolithic weapons.

Bloodborne goes for a less realistic feel that while good for faster pacedaction focussed games, doesn't resonate with me just as well as the dark souls weapons.
>>
>>332182483
How are the shadows disappointing? Its a fast and hectic fight with 3 powerful opponents and their abilities work very well together

Amygdala was fucking awesome, you kidding me? The fight has 3 phases and each phase gets scarier because his range increases and he starts doing cosmic singularity explosions on his arms

Cainhurst has the knight set and Chikage, you fucking serious? If the enemies were spongey, your build was bad, easy as that.

Brainsuckers are also easy to deal with if you're not a shitter
>b-b-but lots of damage!
You have massive mobility, fucking use it.
Not to mention you got the number of attacks wrong, they have multiple melee hits as well.
>5-6 in a small location
2 are in the same room, and 1 of them is easily backstab-able, others are scattered around the place
>>
>>332182757
>None of them have the same extendy arm weighty feeling that I had with dark souls weapons, none of them have the same camera shaking
You're fucking memeing, stop sucking DaS dick so hard you nostalgia faggot, Bloodborne has both those things.
>>
>>332182631
>And the fact that DaS1 is, by design, a slower game, makes it LESS strategic, as you have even more time to think about how not to fuck up, the enemies are slower etc.
I don't think that makes it any less strategic. Maybe it requires less quick thinking, but saying it's less strategic because it's slower and you have more time to think is like saying chess requires absolutely no strategy because you have unlimited time to take your turn.
>>
>>332182483
>complains how Amygdala was too ez
>complains how Brainsuckers are too hard
Wew, just can't please some people.
>>
>>332180348
DaS2 DLC feel more like the real DaS2 than the actual main game, because the team had time to sit down and design them from scratch instead of taking over half of an unfinished mess of a game and trying to come up with a souls game which is what they did for the main game.
>>
>>332182631
I'm sorry, but I'm playing bloodborne right now, and the kirkhammer, even compared to >>332182754 is very fast, the amygdalan arm and moonlight sword as previously mentioned are even worse, and there is practically no real realistic penalty for swinging these massive weapons, it's just less strategic and more spammy, as by bloodborne's core design essence.

DaS1 by design is not less strategic, if anything it's more, bb's design allows you to spam the ridiculous dodging and get in fast hits with very large weapons, it's much more arcadey, and each hit is fundamentally less satisfying, and less important, due to the bosses hugely bloated health bars.
>>
>>332180915
>real men love curves
>>
>>332178572
DaS 3>Bloudbourne=DaS 2>DaS>DeS
>>
>>332182980
>comparing DaS to chess
Holy shit you really are delusional. DaS a slow as fuck game, literally block, wait for enemy attack to bounce off sheild and attack, it requires no strategy, it only requires you not to be an impatient retard. It's one of the most simple games out there in terms of actual gameplay. 2 attack buttons and a block, so fucking deep and strategic dude.
>>
>>332180854
>BB's mechanics just don't work quite right
u wot?

>>332178572
DaS=BB>DeS=DaS3>>>>>Shit>>>>>You're waifu>>>>DaS2
>>
>>332180131
>>332179551

Still b8 m8.

Even though it's clear you have DaS sword and shild GP shoved high and viscerally up your ass your pois- i meant post still came off pretty weak.
>>
>>332181794
Because BB and DaS are not the same franchise.

Expecting DaS to have BB gameplay elements is like expecting Doom to have Rage gameplay elements just because they're the same genre made by the same company.
>>
>>332183075
You do realise weight =/= slow, right faggot? In fact the heavier things generally are, the FASTER they hit the ground. Literally learn to physics you fucking idiot.
>>
BB > DaS 2 > DaS > DeS

DaS 3 hasn't even been reviewed yet
>>
>>332183254
>its better off with being worse and having less variety
??????
>>
>>332182769
The shadows are disappointing because they are three standard enemies with little special about them, the only challenging part of the fight comes from having to dodge the fire balls. The snake magic used by the caster is possibly the only visually interesting part of the fight other than their entrance.

Amygdala was basically: bait his arms, attack his head. His lasers were a joke, the setting of the fight and the area do his design no justice, yharnam would have been infinitely more fitting and interesting. You only have to look at his presence in the defiled dungeon, way more interesting.

Cainhurst doesn't have either of these things you idiot, you can only buy these things from messengers after you've beaten logarius.

>>332182769
>>332182992

I never claimed they were hard, only that their design was cheap and unfun.
>>
>>332183190
Either way BB is less strategic, since everything comes to how quickly you can react with a timed dodge and fast attacks.

And since this is really the only playstyle available every encounter with an enemy boils down to the same dance.

Not that I think this is bad, it was a nice breath of fresh air for the series and people who like more action-oriented fast paced fighting probably loved the hell out of it. Ultimately how you fight in DaS does require a more thoughtful approach however, if for nothing other than the fact that you have more options in how you deal with encounters.
>>
>>332183294
Yeah and generally before the object hits the ground, you have to generate the force to swing it first.

But in bloodborne you can swing it around like a wet noodle, or in the case of the amygdalan arm, a big rubbery dildo.
>>
>>332178572
3 > BB > 2 > 1 > demons
>>
>>332183372
>Cainhurst doesn't have either of these things you idiot, you can only buy these things from messengers after you've beaten logarius.
And what's the only way to fight Logarius? Go through Cainhurst. Jesus Christ you are dim. You literally cannot get them without doing Cainhurst.
>>
>>332182631

A slower game speed does not make things less strategic you dumb ass, slower attack speeds, and reaction times mean that you have to plan out an attack so your character has time to recover before the enemy is able to counter, there are more consequences to missing a swing in DaS than there is in BB because in BB you can just spam dash and you are out of there, in DaS if you miss a swing you can try to maybe roll or block but a lot of times the enemy is already on your ass by the time your character is done with the attack frames and is ready to react.

Slow games = strategic, yes enemies are slow but so is your character and you get punished for not planning out encounters.

fast games= reactionary, both your character and the enemies are twichy asses that can jump from on side to the other so "strategy" gets thrown out the window and its just a matter of you is better at spaming the dash and R1s.
>>
Demon Souls isn't actually all that great. Sure it was the first game, but I'd rather replay any of the other games in the series than it.
>>
>>332183471
>But in bloodborne you can swing it around like a wet noodle
And you can't do that in DaS? Come on, you're being a little bitch boy with this argument, in DaS you swing around literal 1 ton gigantic hammers endlessly with fuck all detriment to your character, trying to argue 'realism' and 'weight' is the biggest bullshit you could pull.
>>
>>332183493
The point is that by design the area is uninteresting, perhaps if they wanted to make it more fun, they could have had a side area where you explore and find the various pieces of the set.

But instead you have to buy them after going through an area with very little reward.

It seems though, that you refuse to see any real reason here.
>>
>>332183190
All I was saying was it is stupid to call Dark Souls less strategic than Bloodborne, just because it's slower. I was only using chess as a comparison because it's extremely slow and strategic. I'm sorry if you read it as "Dark Souls is just as strategic as chess", but that's on you.
>>
>>332183483
Cunt are you baked?
>>
>>332183190
and BB is all about dashing until the enemy combo string is done and then attacking.
2 attack buttons and a dash, so fucking deep and strategic .
>>
>>332178572
das2 = das > bb > des

i beat demon souls after 2 but i didnt really like it. kinda beat it so i could say i did. it was ok but i never experienced pvp and kinda rushed through it so im probably not being fair

i liked the enemys, map settings (not layout), and dlcs the best in 2.

played alot of bb but never beat it cuz i dont have a ps4 but i dont know if i coulda stuck with it long enough to.
>>
>>332183557
And yet Bloodborne takes DaS' methodical aspect and boosts the speed to make it methodical AND reactionary.
>>
>>332183589
I played it third and enjoyed vanilla DaS 2 more
>>
>>332183595
The point was rather that big weapons in bloodborne are more like mid weapons in dark souls.

Look at this for an example of how the character handles big weapons in ds1, it's more like monster hunter where there's genuine risk and strategy involved in timing your attacks, and judging the character animations rather than bloodborne's more spam friendly gameplay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIf5VplHZTI
>>
Is there any way to play DS2 online if i pirate it?
>>
>>332183589
I wish I got why everyone doesn't like Demon so much.
>>
i dont understand why people like bloodborne.

its so fucking ugly and plays nothing like demons souls does.
>>
>>332183354
>its better off with being worse and having less variety

Could you explicitly point out where the fuck I wrote that. Because I think you're going crazy.

I'm by no means defending the lack of creativity on FromSoft side. But downright rehashing features from another game, specially if it's just copying with no additions, is just as bad, otherwise what's the point of making a different game? Might as well just make BB2 in this case.

It's funny you complain about variety, but is implying that the game should rehash other franchises. That's the opposite of variety.

They should add new features, through real innovation.
>>
>>332183727
>2 attack buttons and a dash
Oh my little anon, you could at least play the game, let me list the possible unique attacks you can do in Bloodborneper each weapon (other than Toni and Boomhammer);

>R1
>R2
>L1
>L2
>backstep R1
>backstep R2
>roll R1
>roll R2
>roll L2
>jump R1
>untricked charge attack
>R1 tricked
>R2 tricked
>L1 tricked
>L2 tricked
>backstep R1 tricked
>backstep R2 tricked
>roll R1 tricked
>roll R2 tricked
>jump R1 tricked
>tricked charge attack

>>332183816
>The point was rather that big weapons in bloodborne are more like mid weapons in dark souls.
I don't see a problem with that, Bloodborne was designed to be a much faster game, the fact that they even managed to make DaS1 tier mid-weight weapons viable in that climate it pretty good.

>it's more like monster hunter where there's genuine risk and strategy involved in timing your attacks
DaS is not even remotely CLOSE to the same tier of risk as heavy weapons in MH, it's not even in the same fucking solar system m8, MH's animations are 10x the risk/reward than DaS. Is doesn't help that DaS enemies are far, far slower to make up for the speed of its weapons too and the AI is dumber.

DaS is not deep, hell neither is Bloodborne, but it's still deeper than DaS. Neither can even remotely compare to MH.
>>
>>332183354
But there is way more variety in the first 4 hours of DaS3 than in all of BB.
There ARE weapons that change your stance, its just not an universal system, the weapon arts make it so even weapons within the same class feel different.
>B-But mah backstabs!
they were dumb, but considering all the backstab systems are dumb in theory them using one over the other is not really an issue.
>>
>>332183929
>its so fucking ugly and plays nothing like demons souls does.
It plays more than DeS than DaS did.
>>
>>332183923
Same here. Every time I see someone criticize it they almost always say some vague shit like, "it's clunky".
>>
>>332181030
So are you
>>
>>332178572
DaS3 > DaS1 > DeS > Functional multiplayer > DaS2 > Armor, weapon and build variety > Bloodborne
>>
>>332184117
You forgot side and backdash R1s from that list, you get unique attacks for each weapon from sidedashes
>>
>>332180131
Ebrietas is cool though
>>
I tried to go back to DaS after playing BB but it's so fucking lacking.

>It's slow and clunky
>the combos are non existent
>90% of the weapons are just copy pastes with only 2 or 3 actually end game viable in each weapon glass
>weapon movesets are all samey and lacking
>the bosses only have 1 phase most of the time
>there's no limb damage on bosses
>no charge attacks
>no trick attacks
>can't seamlessly combo in and out of 2H form
>less attacks in general
>magic is all a variation of Souls Arrow with a horrible animation
>the roll feels dorky compared to dashing
>viscerals aren't as satisfying
>enemy designs aren't as cool
>poise is dumb and OP meaning you can just tank hits without any repercussions
>armour in general is broken OP
>there's bonfire everywhere, even mid area which kills fluidity and challenge
>each individual areas are really small and linear
>goes to shit half way through
>fucking Lost Izalith

BB is just a far better game IMO.
>>
>>332184117
I like how listed all those attacks and yet in Bloodborne you just really need to spam r1.

Admit it, BB's combat is more simplistic than a beat 'em up.
>>
>>332178572
Bloodborne had the best looking players

Everything else was shit though
>>
>>332184117
So you can over simplify DaS into having 2 attaks but people can´t over simplify BB? Or are you so new that you actually think DaS only has 2 attack buttons?

Aside from trick attacks DaS has pretty much just as many attacks,

>>R1
>>R2
>>L1
>>L2
>>backstep R1
>>backstep R2
>>roll R1
>>roll R2
>>jump R1
>>R1 two handed
>>R2 two handed
>>backstep R1 two handed
>>backstep R2 two handed
>>roll R1 two handed
>>roll R2 two handed
>>jump R1 two handed

DaS2 had even more with power stances, and DaS3 has even more with its dual wielding weapons and the weapon arts.
>>
>>332178801
I think I'm going to wait before I buy this one. Compare how many people said the same thing when DaS2 came out.
>>
DaS≥BB>DeS>DaS2

I can't say anything about DaS3 cause I haven't played it yet, but trailers make me think:

DaS≥DaS3>BB>DeS>DaS2
>>
The dust still hasn't even fully settled for Dark Souls 2 and will never settle for Bloodborne.
>>
>>332185142
>>90% of the weapons are just copy pastes with only 2 or 3 actually end game viable in each weapon glass

It still has more weapon variety and availability than BB.

>>armour in general is broken OP

Ok now we know you are a new scrub, armor will only help if you straight up make a build for tanking, in general the game is harder if you are running around in armor and blocking instead of fast rolling around attacks.
>>
>>332185502
That's because both DaS2 and BB are garbage.

Only a bunch of contrarians and sonyggers can defend those games.
>>
>>332184208
jesus christ no

are you fucking insane?
>>
>>332185142
It's better than bloodborne, where 90% of the bosses are shit, the game goes to shit after vicar amelia, the areas have literally no reward and all share the same colour palette, the healing system is garbage that requires farming, the dodging makes the game easy as fuck, the bosses have ridiculouly bloated health pools, the weapons and armour are all grey lifeless and for the most part either useless or samey, there is no magic, chalice dungeons exist, the awful pvp exists, the shitty covenenants exist, the complete lack of interesting NPC's exist, where frenzy exists, where forbidden woods exists, where rom the vacuous spider exists, where nothing fun exists

I tried to go back to bloodborne after playing dark souls, but I realised it was basically souls without fun, and without a colour palette
>>
File: 4gWcWS1.jpg (11 KB, 200x345) Image search: [Google]
4gWcWS1.jpg
11 KB, 200x345
how is anybody in this thread actually shitting on bloodborne in lieu of DaS or DeS like what
>>
i just beat dark souls 1
whats so bad about dark souls 2?
>>
>>332185805
You forgot the fact that they had the genius idea of locking weapon upgrades behind the terrible chalice dungeons.
>>
>Cast speed scales with dex
>magic is das 1 shit tier

On the bright side dex fags get a literal "final flash" spell
>>
>MHGens have hunter arts
>DaS3 have weapon arts
What could this mean
>>
>>332185173
>and yet in Bloodborne you just really need to spam r1
And in DMC and Bayonetta you 'just really need to spam Y' to beat it.

That somehow makes the game less deep, right anon?

>>332185306
And yet BB still has more unique attacks per single weapon, not to mention to even have L2 and R2 attacks in DaS2 you need to powerstance TWO weapons in 2 hands KEK. In Bloodborne you get all that and more with only 1 weapon in 1 hand.

On top of the fact that you can seamlessly combo into and out of every single one of the attacks I mentioned, without breaking your combo, without pausing once. In DaS1 and 2 you can't even chain into and out of 1 hand and 2 handed forms.

>>332185715
>It still has more weapon variety and availability than BB.
And DaS2 still has more weapon variety and availablility than DaS, meaning DaS2 is a better game, right my little anon?

You can upgrade even light armour to +15 to be able to tank retarded amounts of damage in DaS m8, the games armour system is literally casual as fuck.
>>
>>332185805
It's better than DaS, where 90% of the bosses are shit with 1 phase and no limb damage, the game goes to shit after Sen's Fortress, the areas have literally no reward and all share the same colour palette, the healing system is garbage that requires no effort from the player and can be upgraded to broken levels, even mid-shields, upgraded light armour and poise make the game easy as fuck, the bosses are so easy they have tiny health pools, the weapons and armour are all copy pasted variations with the same movesets and 90% of them are redundant by the end of the game as you find superior versions, the magic is all variations of Soul Arrow, no chalice dungeons to challenge yourself in, the awful broken poise, once shot Dark Magic and giantdad infested lagstab pvp exists, the shitty covenenants exist, the complete lack of any orginal NPCS as they're all inferior copies of NPCS from DeS, where the Resistance stat exists, where Lost Izalith exists, where Bed of Chaos exists, where nothing fun exists

I tried to go back to Dark Souls after playing Bloodborne, but I realised it was basically Bloodborne without fun, and without good combat
>>
>>332186562
>And in DMC and Bayonetta you 'just really need to spam Y' to beat it.

If you play it on easy, sure.

But something tells me you never played either of those games.
>>
>>332185984
pls respond
>>
>>332186696
>If you play it on easy, sure.
Kekles, no. W101 requires more skills than Bayonetta. Bayo can easily be beaten on normal without learning a single combo.
>>
File: 1442882442011.gif (133 KB, 311x366) Image search: [Google]
1442882442011.gif
133 KB, 311x366
We all know if BB was on PC, /v/ would be shitting itself over how good it is.

Stay salty cucks.
>>
>>332186650
>mfw the only defence bloodborne cultists have is >muh lovecraft and >muh feathery combat

Dark Souls is basically bloodborne with better weapons, weighty combat, unique and varied bosses with memorable and fitting soundtracks (not like the majority of the boring score for Bloodborne's base game), memorable npc's, fun pvp, tons of weapons and armour, rings, consumables that do tons of things, massively more so than bloodborne, defined and classic area designs. The game shits all over bloodborne in every single way.
>>
>>332186650
>the areas have literally no reward and all share the same colour palette
You over reached on that one m8.
>>
>>332186650
>he areas have literally no reward and all share the same colour palette,
>Duke`s Archives
>lost Izolith
>Anor londo
>new londo
>same colour palette

BaBy you should open up a dictionary before copy pasting shit that makes no sense because you have no idea what the words the previous poster was using mean.

> no chalice dungeons to challenge yourself in
>the thing everyone hates about BB, even the people that love BB, even the people that worked on BB.

You need to also learn how to pick out the actual strength of the game you are trying to defend and not bring up shit that are universally looked down on.
>>
File: 1443200090766.jpg (77 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
1443200090766.jpg
77 KB, 768x1024
>>332187557
>he doesn't get the irony
>>
>>332187360
>>muh lovecraft
And the thing is they even fucked that up.
the imagiry is there for sure but thats about it, just like with everything else good about BB is just surface level, once you try to dig deeper it just falls apart.
>>
>>332178572
Not at all.

DaS > DeS > BB

BB had like three good boss fights going for it, and I had to get through the whole game just for two of them. It was so underwhelming after all the praise it got. I liked the gameplay improvements and visuals, but it was wasted on cheap mechanics, a shit frame rate and lack of content. I was surprised how damn quickly I breezed through the whole thing.
>>
>>332187741
Could you explain the Great Ones and the general plot of Bloodborne for me?
>>
>>332187764
The best boss fights in BB came from the DLC.

Outside of father gasoline, all the base game boss fights sucked.
>>
File: brotherhood-of-the-wolf.jpg (176 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
brotherhood-of-the-wolf.jpg
176 KB, 1024x768
Did Bloodborne start off as a Brotherhood of the Wolf game? It seems like it bites a fair amount from it
>>
File: 1450269720099.png (240 KB, 800x1011) Image search: [Google]
1450269720099.png
240 KB, 800x1011
>>332186650
>Being this mad

this doesn't really work, sonygger. dark 1 is a better game and you know it.
>>
>>332185984
>>332186764
Most of the areas are boring, the enemy variety is lackluster, the hitboxes are shit, i-frames are now tied to a stat, the pvp is generally better than the other games but has a bunch of retarded shit like soul memory and no full eye orbs holding it back, It looks worse than DaS1, most of the NPCs outside of Pate and Crieghton are don't have much going on, and the only good bosses and some of the few good areas are DLC.
>>
>>332178572

Personally, I prefer everything bloodborne does. The combat is more fluid, the environments/setting is more appealing, the plot a LOT more engaging and it's generally just a better game. The only two things i hated were

1) invasions getting fucked
2) FROM's game design making content very, very easily missable.

For example:

>Don't try and punch a monster to death because I'm not retarded
>Completely miss out on Iosefka

>Camera angle never reveals the chapel dweller, miss out on him completely

>Ghernam never spawns in the dream again because RNG I guess (I searched for him napping, it never happened)

>Assuming chalice dungeons were postgame content, I never ventured into them until NG+ at which point they're all piss easy and mundane

I love the fuck out of BB, but my first playthrough wasn't half as enjoyable as it could have been because I apparently don't operate on FROMlogic. But then I had this same problem with DaS.

>Trigger to talk to frampt doesn't appear
>Throw fireballs until he fucks off thinking he's an enemy
>Stumble through the rest of the game not knowing what the FUCK is going on
>>
File: comfy.jpg (113 KB, 1024x459) Image search: [Google]
comfy.jpg
113 KB, 1024x459
>>332178572
I'm hoping for

DaS>DaS3>DeS=BB>>>>>>DaS2

but it will probably be

DaS>DeS=BB>DaS3>>>>DaS2
>>
File: nk_theol_botw_beast.jpg (89 KB, 450x272) Image search: [Google]
nk_theol_botw_beast.jpg
89 KB, 450x272
>>332187984
>>
>>332188125

Dark 3 is a better version of Dark 1.
>>
>>332188125
Why wouldn't you hope that 3 is better than 1?
>>
>>332187909
well that sucks, not sure I want to get the dlc or not
>>
>>332187790
>the general plot of Bloodborne for me?
Some people drank old blood, some people stuck eyes inside their heads, shit went crazy.

and thats about it.

>explain the Great Ones
they are aliens... yep, thats it. thats pretty much all there is to them, they are aliens that humans made contact with and went nuts about them.
>>
>>332185984

It has a very, very rough early game, and too much effort was spent in polishing up the character building mechanics / pvp over making a good single player game.

>Bonfires every 2 minutes
>Bosses are just "big dude in armour" or "fight 3 dudes at once" FOR THE ENTIRE GAME
>Plot is just a retread of DaS1 with very little imagination (same dumb oooooh Dark looks bad but could be good maybe we're being morally ambiguouuuuuus)
>Environments are almost entirely just corridors

Once you get to the halfway point it's not half bad. But it takes SO much time to actually like it, you're better off skipping it and jumping to DaS3.

Also 60FPS souls games are an abomination. All the animations get broken and the input lag becomes noticeable.
>>
>>332188252
I'm hoping for it, but if i hope it too much, i'll probably be disappointed. The odds of that happening are so slim

God damn i hope they learn from their mistakes in DS1&2 and BB. This game could be perfection. Or it could be another DS2
>>
>>332188280
Don't bother, BB is dead already.

Save your money for dark souls 3.
>>
>>332179964

>Ds1 DLC was shit

the DLC was the best part of the game, and it's not even an insult to the base game.
>>
>>332182156
shut up! you shut the fuck up fag! raaaaaaa!
>>
>>332188354
Are you sure you're not factually incorrect about any of that?
>>
so who else played the xbox easy version and ruined the experience?
>>
>>332188413
yeah we'll see. starting to feel disillusioned with souls games altogether.
>>
>>332188280

The DLC is worth it. Has a ton of content and some of my favorite areas in the game.

>>332188413

BB is hardly dead, my friend just played through it for the first time and could co-op and pvp whenever he wanted
>>
>>332187790

>Great ones
Aliens or old gods (or both) that predate the current human civilisations.

>General plot
People discovered a lost civilisation that used some freaky blood as a shortcut to evolution. Decided it'd be a great idea to do the same. Civilisation prospers with huge advances in science and medicine and everything, right up until a plague starts going round (think AIDs, only 1000x worse). Also it turns out that the earlier blood user people started worshipping the old gods, trying to transcend humanity, and actually just ended up letting these abyssal horrors control the world from the shadows.

It's basically a mashup between a gothic werewolf story, lovecraftian fanfiction and an illuminati conspiracy story. I actually really like it, but I can see why others would find it a convoluted mess.
>>
>>332182483
Everything you are saying is objectively wrong
>>
>>332188725
so...... what's so bad about that?
>>
>>332179630
better cut out demons, dark2, bloodborne, and probably ds3 as well once we get a design works or post game interview.
>>
>>332188019
>>332188379
thanks, ill just wait for DaS3
>>
>>332188420

You're kidding, right?

>2 new areas, 1 of which is mostly reused assets
>3 new bosses, plus 1 optional boss
>New spells, although cool, are just DAAAAAHK versions of regular spells
>New weapons don't add much
>Arena PvP was shoddy as fuck and hardly an improvement over chilling in the Kiln

The abyss DLC was practically fucking NOTHING. It was the equivalent of a single Crown DLC from DaS2, and a third of the content from The Old Hunters.
>>
Where do people rank the new Firelink shrine with the Soulsbourne hub areas? I haven't played yet. Do NPC's come and go like they did in the previous games? No spoilers plz

DaS1 Firelink > Nexus > Majula > Hunters Dream

I enjoy them all, just find that as gorgeous as Hunters Dream is, half of it is just empty and nobody other than you, gehrman and the doll ever show up at the place. Love the look of the chalice dungeon gravestones though.
>>
>>332185306
>backstep, roll R2
Those are not unique attacks in DaS though, backstep attacks in BB are different to the running attacks even.
>>
>>332178572
>now that the meme has settled, can we all meme the meme
I fucking hate this shit board
>>
>>332188905
I thought Firelink was a pretty boring "hub"
It doesnt really have anything interesting or unique about it, its just some stoney ruins. The only thing it has is the music and even then the themes for the other hubs are better.
>>
>>332183614
>poor design

Cainhurst? Shit taste pham. A hidden castle in the middle of an icy desserted island was cool as fuck. If youre shitting on bbs god tier level design i know your a ds2 fanboy
>>
>>332188835

Nothing's bad about it at all. I quite like it. Maybe you think I was one of the posters that guy was replying to?

I agree with the MUH LOVECRAFTIAN hate. It's only one element of the whole thing, and people only rub it in others' faces because of the fishpeople DLC, when the actual lovecraft element comes from the insight system and ending choice.

>Choose to escape from the madness by embracing sweet ignorance
>Attempting to confront the madness without the insight you need, end up failing and perpetuating it as an eldritch horror's puppet
>Overcome the madness and become a transcendal cosmic horror yourself
>>
>>332188887
Good luck with that, there are like 3 non multi/add bosses in that game. The world has teleports for moving between and """""""""""""subtle""""""""""" callbacks that put DS2 to shame.
>>
Amygdala is a girl btw
>>
>>332188905

Hunter's dream is my favourite nexus, but firelink is better than oedon chapel and majula.
>>
Bloodborne has best PvE, worst PvP.

Dark Souls 2 has worst PvE, best PvP.

Everything else falls somewhere between the two.
>>
>>332178572
Even in concept art DaS2 sticks as the odd one out
>>
>Favourite weapon is the cane
>Pick going for a bloodtinge/dex build before noticing the arcane scaling becomes a thing by lategame

God damnit.
>>
>>332186562
>And DaS2 still has more weapon variety and availablility than DaS, meaning DaS2 is a better game,

In terms of build varieties and playing styles avaliablity which is what we were talking about? yes.

>You can upgrade even light armour to +15 to be able to tank retarded amounts of damage in DaS m8

Yep, if you want to be a scrub and cheese the whole game out you can do it, or if you want to go naked with a mace from the start you can do it as well, or if you want to do a dagger and heavy armor run you can do it from the start, or if you want to go ninja flipping with a claymore and a mask you can.

In BB you are stuck with one style of playing
>fast dashing poke and back off style
24/7
>B-But its fun!!!

yeah, but after your 40th character you might also want to go
>You know what, i want to make a dude that can take a punch from a cleric beast and laugh about it as it gets ready himself to punch the damn thing back

which you can do in DaS, but not in BB.
>>
>>332189406
DaS 2 PvE was at least somewhat balanced as opposed to DaS 1 where you could get endgame weapons as random drop and where the majority of weapons were just flat out shit at PvE, also armor was far more balanced.
MILES ahead of DeS where you literally had to gimp yourself out of good rings and weapons to make a playthrough remotely challenging.
>>
>>332189406

This is surprisingly accurate, and explains why so many people love the middleground DaS1 over the two love/hate extremes.
>>
>>332189565

BB could have done with a *bit* of flexibility on the you-must-be-agile playstyle. I love how it's more anime with the big swords paired with nimble dashes, but you're almost forced to be more dex than strength. Hell, there isn't even a viable caestus build, and the viable claw build is so frustratingly difficult to get you'll never do it on your first run.
>>
>>332185173

>durr you just r1 spam

Maybe you do. You cant crtisize the game because certain people play it in way. The game offers you a full in depth combat system. If youre an r1 spammer, good for you enjoy getting rekt snd parried all the time but you cants say the game is r1 spamming combat.
>>
>>332189575

Let's not forget launch edition magic.

>Equip the +damage -defence magic equipment
>Get crystal sorcery and that S scaling catalyst
>Kill bosses in 1 cast of crystal soul spear, Gwyn in 2
>>
>>332185805
>90%
>shit

Put some effort into this bait anon or it eill never catch
>>
>>332189790
I find it hilarious that it's mostly the DaS and DeS fans that bitch about the R1 spamming, when the poise in those games meant you could literally facetank boss attacks and just mash R1 until it died and occasionally chug an estus charge if your health fell low.
For all their issues BB and DaS 2 made at least sure that you had to have a shield if you wanted to tank a boss but usually were forced to dodge, same trend was kept for 3 thankfully enough.

>Artorias is such a challenging and great fight guys
>Just make sure you don't put on havels havels and R1 until he dies tho!
>>
>>332188974
Yes, and that wasnt the point of the post at all.

The original post over simplified DaS saying it only had 2 attacks, and then got pissy when I said that BB also had only 2 attacks, then listed all the posible attacks BB has , which yes it has more than DaS, but DaS also has more than 2 attacks.
>>
i hate the faraam pants, why denim jeans?
>>
>>332187360
Dark souls is boring, take off your nostalgia goggles retard
>>
File: 1431751663865.png (174 KB, 323x400) Image search: [Google]
1431751663865.png
174 KB, 323x400
Guys I'm gonna replay ds2 before 3 comes out, what are some fun viable builds that aren't flat dex/str?
>>
>>332189589
This.
DaS is as close to the sweet spot as any of the games have gotten, DaS3 seems to be aiming at that as well, the PvE so far seems legit, now we have to wait to see how the PvP shapes up.
>>
>>332180215
Well he's the final boss, so he can't really be the representative of the player character as well.
>>
>>332190273
Literally anything?
DS2 is fairly well balanced, if anything "pure" builds tend to have the most issues.

Lances are great and grand lance is an early game weapon in scholar.
>>
File: 1389321228956.png (1 MB, 1030x976) Image search: [Google]
1389321228956.png
1 MB, 1030x976
>There are people on /v/ who don't summon Sif for Manus

It's like you don't even want to let Sif avenge Artorias.
>>
>>332188413
>bb dead

Nice try pccuck even at lvl 250 i still get co-op and invasions non stop
>>
>>332188887
game is good 2bh, unless you are on an extreme budget or have next to no time to play games there is no reason to skip it. some posters make it sound like the game was barely 5/10 but it's still a very good game
>>
>>332190273
Hex maybe? thats the last one I tried when SOTFS came out and it was kinda entertaining...though after a point you just get wway too powerfull and steam roll anything that gets in your way.
>>
>>332190020
I dont get it either
Last time I played Dark Souls I just stacked DPS and poise, and all the bosses - including DLC ones - died under 30 seconds. The bosses have so little health and armor upgrading is so retardedly broken that its just stupid
>>
Souls games are fucking garbage and you should all be ashamed of yourselves.
>>
>>332190401
Artorias was kind of a dumbass though, all the cool shit you hear about him in the main game just end up being stories about YOU that people start saying its him.
>>
>>332186558
that souls copies shit from MH?

i mean, MHTri introduced switch weapons and so did BB.
>>
File: 131.jpg (28 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
131.jpg
28 KB, 480x360
>mfw the entire Dark Souls 3 OST is available on Youtube
>mfw I want to hear them in-game first

>mfw Vordt of the Boreal Valley's Theme is lookin' mighty fine right about now
>>
>>332190534
This is a fucking lie
I've been trying to do coop and pvp on a new build for the last week, haven't been able to get summoned into anyones world, chalice dungeon or not.
>>
>>332190607

Yes thats something you decided to do, now go try do something like that in BB ... oh wait you cant because there is only one way you can actually play the game?
>>
3 isn't out yet quit shit posting
>>
>>332178572
DaS3>BB>DeS>DaS1>DaS2
>>
>>332190874
Anon we are talking about general balancing, if the game is easy to break then it has shit balancing, this isn't a point in it's favor.
I was just pointing out that bitching about other games in the series being R1 spamming is kinda fucking stupid considering how absurdly powerful it is in 1 and DeS
>>
>>332190874
(You)
>>
>>332190842
Literally was up playing until 3 last night with my op 250 character. There is literally no area in the game that isnt summoning. Pvp not so much everywhere but it has certain spots you should know about already as well as chalice fightclubs. Sounds like you just have shitty 3rd world internet senpai
>>
>>332190874
We're not discussing playstyles you fucking basketball, we're talking about how ridiculously broken easy Souls is in comparison.

There is no way of cheesing BB bosses, even OP shit like Beast blood pellets require you to be good at dodging and knowing enemy moves. The magic in souls games makes them ridiculously simple and easy, and I can't understand how people dont see that
>>
>>332191167
>there is no way of cheesing BB bosses
So cannoning amygdala's head once then visceraling for half his health bar isn't cheese?
>>
>>332188835
that the game does an extremely poor job of explaining any of that in any sort of cohesive way, even for a Souls game.

then again, when all everyone says is either cryptic gibberish or mad ramblings, it's hard to get anything meaningful out of it.
>>
>>332190946
>3 isn't out yet quit shit posting
...anon...
>>
>>332191381
Which still requires more timing than literally standing still and mashing R1 until a boss dies since they can't hurt you or break your poise.

I think I am finally understanding why people bitched about DS2 poise, same as the ADP crowd
>what do you mean I have to git gud and can't just take off/add armor to instantly win?
>>
>>332191381
>visceraling half the health bar

this has literally never happened
>>
For me, it's Das3=Das1>BB=Des>Das2.
>>
>>332190306
fuck that, Demon's Souls was the sweet spot

Dark Souls ruined all the mood with its fantasy high elf bullshit
>>
Bloodborne is just a shitty version of DmC, deal with it faggots
DaS >>> All
>>
>>332191381
>dude I overlevelled like fuck and one shotted this boss lol Im cheesing it

Really faggot?

Not to mention you can only fire the cannon like 3 times before running out of bullets and most bosses dont even go halfway with the damage it deals
>>
>>332191946
dmc is shit though. Bb is actually good. Also das isnt as great as you remember it. Take off your nostalgia goggles you cuck.
>>
>>332191926
the fuck are you talking about? pretty much all fantasy elements in DaS are also in DeS
>>
Why do people overrate Dark Souls 1 so much? Is it just because it was the first souls game on PC?
>>
>>332192363
Yes
>>
>>332192173
>dmc is shit though. Bb is actually good.

HAHAHA...no.
BB is a half baked character action game mixed with a souls game, which is why it fails.
>>
>>332191381
of course it isn't, just like using the flamer with item boost on amelia isn't, and using poison knives on abhorrent beast while backtracking to kill it isn't, like spamming the charge of the hammer or scythe to continually throw her down until she dies isn't, etc... .

and let's also not mention how half the bosses can be literally riposted to death without landing a hit on you, how some can even be stunlocked to death by simple r1 attacks with a fast weapon, how easy it is to bait and exploit attacks even without the glitch.
>>
>>332192363
Because it's legitimately the best Soulsborne game and added the most to the series by far.

It's flawed for sure, but as far as a good mix of PvE, PvP, and breadth of content goes it still holds up the best.
>>
I just want BB on PC so every fucking thread stops being salty PCucks deluding themselves.
>>
File: dance.webm (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
dance.webm
1 MB, 1280x720
DaS3 > all
>>
>>332183695
Newer games are better
>>
>>332192596
>like spamming the charge of the hammer or scythe to continually throw her down until she dies isn't

for Yharnam.

who is a fucking trophy boss no less. and the only reason she can't be stunlocked by regular attacks is the paralysis.
>>
>>332192468
>it fails because i said so

Yeah nah i dont think so. Its critically praised and the best selling souls game on a single platform for a reason. You should try playing it sometime.
>>
>>332192363
DaS isn't overrated, it's just good. i'd say BB is the overrated one given how people will continuously deny it's flaws.

then again, maybe it's just that DaS is the game most people have actually played themselves maybe along with DaS2 which is why most can agree DaS is good and DaS2 is shit.
>>
What am I in for if my only experience with the DaS franchise is DaS 2?
>>
>>332193041
>Its critically praised

so is the Witcher 3, Skyrim, Fallout 4 and many other mediocre or downright shitty games. your point?
>>
>>332193095
You're in for go play DaS you scrub, 3 isn't even out yet.
>>
>>332192813
HNNNGGG
>all the bitches want the champion of ash
its crazy how all the girls in the game either want you to touch them or beg you to take them into your service.
>>
>>332193231
Point is your a fag with shit taste.
>>
>>332193095
depends. BB is easier and is otherwise basically souls on cocaine with a Lovecraft (read dark and murky) filter on top of everything.

DaS and DeS aren't necessarily harder but weapons, especially heavy weapons have longer/slower attack animations so you have to plan your hits a bit more but you get poise to balance it out and actually give you a chance of using your stronger attacks without staggering. no hexes but otherwise magic/miracles are basically the same, except in DeS where you have less options but have second chance.
>>
>>332179360
You can filter words and phrases in the OP
>>
>>332193082
>DaS isnt overrated
ppffft, bahhahahahaha, on what fucking planet
>>
>>332188413
>BB is dead already
even the people who like the PvP in these games admit that it's inherantly shit, how is this even a factor in deciding whether or not to pick up one of these games?
>>
>>332193590
nice ad hominem. a shame you don't have any arguments to go along with it.
>>
>>332178572

DeS> everything else

Only people who haven't even played DeS disagree with this and that is just fact
>>
>>332192468
>BB is a half baked character action game
It isn't like a character action game at all. Fucking musou games are closer to DMC than BB is.
>>
>>332193231

>witcher 3
>shitty

Oh I see, you're retarded. Okay.
>>
>>332193783
mind you i'm wasn't counting the memes and hype that goes along with anything Souls in general. if we count that in then yes, it is very overrated but then so is anything Souls.
>>
>>332193793
>even the people who like the PvP in these games admit that it's inherantly shit

No, it isn't.

Maybe in Bloodgarbage that's true, but before BB and DaS2 these games used to have good PVP.
>>
>>332193041
>Its critically praised
Which means nothing at all, its like saying the game is good because it sold well.
There is a reason why the "souls comunity" went straight back to playing DaS after they finished BB, then came back for the DLC and went away again.

there is no big PvP comunity at all, to the extend that namco bandai held a "grudge match" for 2 of their sell out streamers and did it in Das2 and not BB.

Hell even the super shill Vaati made fun of the "lore" of BB.

I give it props for trying to add new things, but it only went half way with most of them because they still wanted the soul fans to buy it.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 47

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.