[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
No Man's Sky
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: NewEridu.png (2 MB, 1919x1079) Image search: [Google]
NewEridu.png
2 MB, 1919x1079
What's your opinion of the game and the fucking high price...?

Also... where can I download the game for free (torrent)

Not paying 60€ for a game..
>>
>...

Kill yourself
>>
>>332172557
sent
enjoy...
>>
>>332172557
> ...
>>
I'm hyped and I think the degree to which /v/ has left themselves intentionally ignorant about the actual content and gameplay it does have is hilarious, but you know, /v/ has to find a way to hate eveything.

>>332172831
also this
>>
>>332172831
>>332172921
srsly guys -_-
>>
I'm not touching this unless word of mouth is literally sucking its figurative dick

when devs claim ''we have a billion trillion of [thing] in our game'', anyone should be wary as fuck

massive amounts of procedurally generated content has a high chance of being sameshit if their most functional templates are limited
>>
>>332172557
>Not paying 60€ for a game..
then dont play it you Jew
>>
>>332173029
It's funny.

I've watched all the gameplay and trailers and all that shit and I've never seen anything that looks the same.
>>
>>332172557
>What's your opinion of the game and the fucking high price...?
I think its a nice idea thats going to be poorly executed. There isnt enough depth to the ecosystems, biodiversity, AI, and player impact on everything.

Fundamentally, this is a prettier version of Spore's planet/animal creation system, which if thats all you want is fine, but as a game its going to make a very shallow experience outside of just flying to random planets, looking at RNG creatures, then flying to the next planet. You wont be seeing interesting or different behaviors, any logical connection between biosystems and evolution, predators/prey or anything that might actually add depth to having a massive universe.
>>
>>332173148
that's weird, because all I'm seeing is a fucking palet change
>>
>>332172557
>where can I download the game for free (torrent)
on kat when it's out in 2 months
>>
>>332173220
well, they have mentioned resouce mangement and faction systems as well as survival mechanics, so gameplay wise there is meat there, but I agree that in terms of ecosystem stuff there's a lot left to be deserved.

As you say, it's pretty much just a step up from spore, but I think that discredits that it's an important and rather large step up: Planets are full scale now, oceans and underground are explorable, terrain is destructable; and the whole fictional table of elements thing that plays into the planet's atmosphere and ocean composition and what stuff you can mine as well as what lives on it, is a pretty important step on the ecosystem front
>>
Cautiously optimistic. Refraining from judgement until the game is out and has some reviews and hands on from people whose tastes are similar to mine. I can understand the idea doesn't appeal to a lot of people, tastes are all different and I know some people prefer handcrafted, rigidly structured experiences in their games; I like that kind of thing too at times.

But from what's been described, the idea of going it alone in an unknown galaxy, Spaceman Spiff style, sounds really fun.
>>
Wait but predators and packs and animals evolved based on their environment and procedural ai are all confirmed. Just do your research nigs
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.