[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just got to play on an xbox one for the first time today. Holy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 12
Just got to play on an xbox one for the first time today.

Holy shit is this terrible, you have to be kidding me.
>Main menu full of crap, ads, wasted space
>text and icons unreadable on my 60 inch plasma tv
>try to play a game
>can't play without online
>....okay
>2hr update
>get bored try to find new games
>try to search the store
>BING pops up (jesus fucking christ)
>browse by category
>top free and top paid, not able to browse all free and all paid without fucking specifying
>have to search horizontally through unorganized crap one at a time

(more continued)
>>
DELETE THIS
>>
>Have my friend come play some call of duty zombies with me
>spammed with ads for "1 dollar x box live" bait (probably only way to get subscribers)
>hardly any games

Really what the fuck is this? how can anyone justify this? is the ps4 even worse or something?
>>
>>332169808
I thought the 360 was the worst it could get with clutter and adds. Fuck a xbox.
>>
>receive message from person playing zombies with us
>holy shit what is this like 10 inputs to bring up the message center
>get bored because one map
>explore community center
>DLC EVERYWHERE HOLY FUCK
>day one dlc no less
>>
>>332169895
>>332169869
>>332169808
I never get ads here maybe its because we're not as stupid and marketed to as the yanks.
>>
>Community page UI is literally half empty with a tiny refresh button amidst the empty space
>who the fuck designed this
>KINECT EVERYWHERE
>SOCIAL MEDIA EVERYWHERE
>HEY CHECK OUT OUR COOL WAYS TO WATCH TV WITH YOUR XBOX
>holy shit...
>Xbox button out of game
>press a brings my game back up
>press b brings game back up
>what the fuck?
>>
File: 1457490375015.jpg (593 KB, 1366x532) Image search: [Google]
1457490375015.jpg
593 KB, 1366x532
>>332169808
:^)
>>
>>332169869
I've got a ps4, the only problems I've had are with refunds, they never refund fucking anything.

Had to buy a DLC twice just because I bought it for the wrong region that I bought the game from.

I literally DO NOT HAVE THE GAME IN A COMPATABLE REGION, but they refuse to refund anything.
>>
File: xbots roll out.png (1 MB, 756x3535) Image search: [Google]
xbots roll out.png
1 MB, 756x3535
>>
File: xbox.jpg (124 KB, 882x900) Image search: [Google]
xbox.jpg
124 KB, 882x900
>>
>ONE GUIDE!?
>.. for fucks sake...
>skype already downloaded onto console from factory (sad)
>crackle, crunchyroll, ESPN
>can this shit get any more random? who uses this fucking shit
>Go to store
>more ads, only recommended games pop up.
>tiniest buttons on the screen and "Search" and "Games store"
>Am i not in the games store i already clicked that
>Games store brings up the same thing, but without ads and with new releases instead
>>
>>332170089
2spooky4me
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbWgUO-Rqcw
It's made for TV and television and it's damn good at that but the games situation is pretty dire.
>>
>>332170203
>>332170154
Note that i might be rehashing what has already been copypasta'd but i want to give some insight to what a new user sees when he turns on an xbox one for the first time
>>
I remember my first time playing an Xbox one too. It was the worst xmb 'dashboard' experience I have ever had in all my years of gaming. Navigating just to play the game I put in was awful, couldn't figure out how to update it (or something with updating was giving me severe problems) there was way too much just excess BULLSHIT on the screen and was just highly frustrating to navigate through.

What the hell were they thinking?
>>
File: 1454679916526.jpg (43 KB, 530x600) Image search: [Google]
1454679916526.jpg
43 KB, 530x600
i was absolutely mystified at how unintuitive, clunky, disorganized and generally ugly the xbox one interface was. i knew then that i had made a huge mistake.

it's kind of hard to articulate how terrible the xbone ui is. it's literally everything that could be wrong with a ui.

call me a sonygger. i dont even have a ps4. the xbone is just such fucking trash. people need to know to avoid it like the plague

>mfw bought an xbone to play mcc and it never worked, even eight months after release. it never worked. the system selling killer app literally did not function
>>
>subscriptions tab
>barraged by xbox live gold advertisements even though i have gold
>Bill gates can go fuck himself at this point
>EA access for $4.99/mo... do i even need to say it
>next to that just random links to buy battlefield 4, ufc2, and fifa 15
>I thought this was the subscriptions page
>entire subscription tab is for live gold and ea access with random links to some games
>...ok
>>
>>332170130
#4theplayers
>>
>>332170089
Well we got a regular Nostradamus over here.
>>
>>332170328
Also we didn't get to play the actual game till about 15 minutes after scavenging through loads of bullshit. I know I would adjust to it if I had to but idgaf that experience was still just beyond awful. I mean I picked up a ps4 and was playing an actual game in seconds. Not the 'find the game' game.
>>
>>332170089
This is fake right? I doubt an anon on /v/ could predict anything
>>
File: 1457968009629.jpg (16 KB, 499x487) Image search: [Google]
1457968009629.jpg
16 KB, 499x487
>>332170203
>Ed Miliband memorial cemetery
>>
>>332170387
I get a similar feeling, it is truly god awful, No matter what it is i want to do i just cant do it without taking 5 minutes and being barraged with ads, random crap, and accidental selections

>Enter a code tab
>use kinect (lol) or enter 25 char code
> "Cancel" or "Or enter 25 char code"
>option to enter a code is literally "or enter 25 char code"
>Who the fuck wrote this? what were they thinking? I have never seen something lie this in my 20 years of using electronics
>Hit B to go back from games store
>random light blue bar with buttons for "games, movies&tv, music, apps"
>what is this why didn't pressing back just take me back from the store, i was never here before
>BING BAR AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS RANDOM SHIT
>>
>just got a ps4 recently
>was a giant fucking pain to set up and is user-unfriendly
>still sounds leagues better than the xbone
>>
>>332170805
I got a PS4 recently as well and it didnt change much from the ps3 menus in my opinion.
>>
>press apps tab thinking it will take me to my apps
> no just ads for featured aps and popular on xbox apps
>fuck me sideways at this point, never buying one of these fuckin things for myself
>Bluray disc is an app EL OF FUCKING EL why
> movies&tv is an app, wasnt that in the menu i was just in? is this some sort of crazy russian nesting doll shit?
>ubisoft club, dont even want to know
>again i have to scroll all the way to the right past useless shit just to select "see all"
>at this point im noticing what feels like 1-2 second input lag for every menu item i select
>>
>>332169808
The current gen of consoles in general is a fucking joke.

I returned my PS4 last week. Shit had the worst case of coil whine I've heard in my entire life, it was unbearable. The whole console just felt cheaply slapped together and I got a feeling that it could break as soon as my warranty would end.

WiiU is dead, Xbox is even more of a trash than PS4, and PC hardware producers are pushing Windows 10 as hard as they can. What a time to be alive.
>>
>>332170805

>is user-unfriendly
>literally press home and PS Store is a bit to the left, or press up from there and everything you'd need is right there
>>
>>332170916
>xbox is user unfriendly
>literally press home and xbox marketplace is a single right press or press down from there and everything you'd need is there
>>
>>332170805
Idort here, they're both terrible
>>
>>332171067

better than a shitty white landscape with a bunch of faggoty Miis walking around making dumb noises
>>
>maybe I can just listen to music and do something else seeing that there is a music tab
>click a dank album
>download groove music app to play!
>how about no you fucking jews
>entire music section is an app that i could get elsewhere or even better, i could use something else entirely

>go back to home
>random box states "doubletap the xbox button to open the guide from anywhere"
>why is this box here? why is this random bit of instructions here in the corner of the screen? why nothing else?
>Tv and movies&tv and different apps, what the fuck is that
>watch tv on xbox
>have to connect to satellite box, cable box, or usb tv tuner
>why the hell would i use an xbox as a useless intermediary to watch tv
>>
>>332171191
I don't know why you brought it up but I like the Wii U, the touchpad makes it easy to navigate but you do really need to mute it if you're going to walk away from the tv
>>
>this is getting disgusting, makes me want to just play ps2 and gamecube again
>pressing back from the tv app does nothing
>wtf why cant i go back
>have to hit the xbox button (stupid as fuck, back works for most other things, how am i supposed to know what to press)
>Go back to community page
>xbox last updates are 9 days ago as of today
>sure seems up to date here (not)
>I'm apparently able to share something to xbox live but have no idea where to see what other people have posted to xbox live
>CLUNKY
>>
What makes the UI worse is how it has framerate drops in its animations
It makes it even more awful to navigate and look at
>>
>try to create my own account as a guest because its my friends xbox
>CREATE YOUR OUTLOOK.COM EMAIL LMFAOOOO IS THIS A JOKE THIS HAS TO BE A FUCKING JOKE
>PASSWORD MUST BE 8 CHARACTERS, ONE UPPERCASE, ONE NUMBER, ONE SPECIAL CHARACTER
>NICE IM NOT EASIER TO HACK
>>
>maybe i can get some deals as i see a giant spring sale ad on every screen
>nice 40% off fallout 4 deluxe
>$65.99 US DOLLARS
>WITH GOLD
>i'm fucking over it at this point, this is truly cringy
>The witcher 3 50% off for $25
>nice i can buy a year old game at a price that a year old game usually is
>>
>>332170413
Bill gates has absolutely nothing to do with Microsoft anymore, and never did shit with the Xbox
>>
Imagine being as butthurt as OP is right now
>>
>coming soon tab
>"Active soccer 2 dx, organic panic, WRC racing, dirt rally"
>great so nothing to look forward to either

So I'm probably gonna turn this stupid thing off now, heaven forbid the wiiu or ps4 is this terrible or gaming is truly dead. Please someone explain how what i've pointed out isnt total shit because i'm at a loss. i want to like this fuckin thing but its pretty much impossible.
>>
>>332171067
Same here. Both interfaces are garbage, but really im playing games not looking through the retarded menus .
>>
Just downloaded the game advertised as free, "pinball arcade"

None of the pinball machines are free to play, selecting them brings up the xbox marketplace to buy them individually

This is downright scummy and pathetic now
>>
>>332171829
don't forget to head out and grab an elite controller. it really completes the experience and is only half the price of the fucking console itself. it's what pro fps players use instead of a mouse.

dont forget to pre order gigantic and quantum break either

it's shaping up to be another year of perfection from the xbox brand
>>
File: 1412618072280.png (551 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1412618072280.png
551 KB, 1280x720
>>332171826
imagine owning an xbone
>>
>implying I'm not going to ironically buy an xbox one in little over a week
>implying I won't ironically enjoy the console, its games and the online services
>>
Modern consoles

>Start up wireless controller
>Replace battery in wireless controller or plug in wireless controller
>Open tray
>Put in disc
>Navigate to play from the HOT DEALS section
>Press play
>Wait 25 minutes for a fuckhuge day one update
>Game crashes repeatedly
>Wait 10 minutes for fuckhuge hotpatch
>Sit through 3 minutes of logos and legal speak before main menu
>Repeatedly refuse DLC offers
>Click play
>Sit through unskippable 10 minute "cinematic" cutscene
>Sit through 10 minute unskippable tutorial
>Finally start playing
>Beat game in 4 hours
>$59.99 plus tax

Old consoles
>Put in cartridge
>Turn on console
>Turn off console
>Take out cartridge
>Blow in cartridge
>Put cartridge in console
>Turn on console
>Pick up 3 button wired controller
>Sit through 10 seconds of logos
>Press play on main menu
>Spend 4 hours dying before you figure out the pattern
>Beat game from start to finish in 45 minutes
>$29.99 plus tax please

I find myself more and more gravitating back to my genesis than playing anything new. I've not played anything made in the last 2 years or so, and I don't feel like I'm missing much
>>
>>332172358
Xboner is still a good device, you just gotta remember that current-gen consoles are XBL/PSN platforms rather than dedicated gaming devices.
>>
File: gwg_16x9_april_r2.png (332 KB, 780x438) Image search: [Google]
gwg_16x9_april_r2.png
332 KB, 780x438
>>332172254
Oh no how will I ever recover from that?
>>
>>332169808
I like how they replaced the clunky, unintuitive launch interface with an entirely new and yet still hopelessly clunky and unintuitive one
>>
>>332170203
Amazing how much the world changes in just 2 years. Millipede is gone and replaced by someone much worse, and Tesco is circling the drain thanks to German domination.
>>
>>332172394
>29.99 plus tax
Wasn't the Sega Channel $49.99 a month?

You liked your megaman collection bro?
>>
>>332172563
Tesco is still the best domestic option. Manned 24 hour petrol stations is uncomparable.

>But anon ASDA does fuel 0.2p a litre cheaper!

And they only take card, which means I need to go to the bank and put money in. Cash in hand is a mixed blessing
>>
>>332172554
I like how they have the only console that let's you switch regions on the very console and abuse loopholes and buy the games cheaper than they are in your region. But of course "let clunky UI xD"
>>
>>332170914
Not going to lie. I bought my PS4 two weeks ago, yet it sounds like the thing is a ten year old computer trying to run the newest game.
>>
File: 1453526488901.jpg (155 KB, 640x720) Image search: [Google]
1453526488901.jpg
155 KB, 640x720
>>332172483
>Xboner is still a good device

pfft haha

>>332172510
>telltale trash
>one of the worst games in recent memory overdrive
>ancient game
>absolute dogshit row iv

>all of these run at 30fps

xbone so good
>>
>>332172635
$25 installation fee, $15 a month.

I've actually never played megaman. Strange I know. I've got like 70 genesis games but no megaman. I'll need to rectify that at some point.
>>
>>332170154
>>332170203
https://boards.fireden.net/v/search/filename/xbots%20roll%20out.png/
https://boards.fireden.net/v/search/image/Yvn1BNlHLJ3A9iViYO8a8A/

$0.05 has been deposited in your PSN account. Say "McDonalds" to continue.
>>
>>332172705
>>Tesco is still the best domestic option
But they are no longer the unstoppable force they once were and they've been getting nothing but bad press lately. Didn't they post a £6 billion loss last year?
>>
>>332172050
The same thing existed on the PS3 and VITA. Base game is free yet it acts as a shell for components that cost money.

http://www.destructoid.com/man-swears-off-xbox-after-son-spends-8-000-on-fifa-microtransactions-333480.phtml
If the EU did a real investigation into videogames, they would have a field day with all of the illegal practices committed.
>>
>>332170089
The prophet was right.
>>
>>332172917
Considering Bush is out of office, all oil companies are going to post losses.
>>
File: Untitled.png (30 KB, 308x919) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
30 KB, 308x919
>>332172917
Not quite £6bn, but damn close. Since Aldi and Lidl stepped up the quality from "literally poison" to "barely better than ASDA own brand" all the domestics have been taking massive losses
>>
>>332172790
>umm... maybe if I call the games shit... And an post more of my anime reaction picarolla! xD shit I'm a genius
Yawn. Nothing to see here folks.
>>
>owning a console since the playstation or super nintendo

lmao
>>
>>332170130
How the hell did you even manage to do that? Isn't the store defined by what region you're in?
>>
>>332173523
PS2 was great, fuck you
>>
>>332173186
To be fair, all of them except dead space are pretty terrible m8.

The 30fps 720p part doesn't help either
>>
File: masterrace.jpg (119 KB, 737x486) Image search: [Google]
masterrace.jpg
119 KB, 737x486
>underage Europeans are awake
>Xbox One is being shat on
What a fucking surprise. Might as well go play with your pencil dicks you fat PS4 retards.

And don't get me started on pic related:
>sit in your room all day with your gaymen mouse and 200 bucks mechanical keyboard playing in front of a small 23 inch monitor hoping the next game you want doesn't use denuvo
>"m-master race guys!"

You goddamn cunts piss me off. I'd rather move to the US, then die in the waiting room of a hospital because I have cancer yet my credit card didn't check out. But at least I'll die knowing I support proper western developers and console makers instead of Japanese garbage like the playstation.
>>
>>332174036
tl;dr
>>
>>332170805
>PS4
>giant fucking pain to set up
What? You plug in your HDMI, Ethernet, and power, and you turn it on. That's it. You log into your account if you want. What's so hard about that?
>>
lol these sonyggers are really lying and shitposting that way even with PS4 selling so much? God Lord, the last GWG did away with they
>>
>Xbone
>you have a better controller than x360, the best controller of last generation
>you have external hd support, just buy play and enjoy your new hd
>you have a much more stambe network with give you more and better games than psn
>backward compatibilty is free
>amazing support
>Quantum Break, Halo, Scalebound, Forza, Gears

>PS4
>a shit controller, fragile as a fuck, with a lot of decorations and unnecessary gimmicks
>dont have external hd support, you need to disassemble your device and install the OS if you want more games
>psn down all the time and give just two indie shit per month
>backward compatibility need to pay even you have the games. And just some PS2 games
>shit support, I hope that you dont need the help of Sony
>a lot of weeabo shit and point and click dramatic 'games'
>>
File: 1346614845769.jpg (143 KB, 848x942) Image search: [Google]
1346614845769.jpg
143 KB, 848x942
>>332174036
>I'm mad at being poor : the post
Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.