[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm sorry guys, but this is, hands down, one of the best
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 12
File: dota-2-official.jpg (124 KB, 1191x670) Image search: [Google]
dota-2-official.jpg
124 KB, 1191x670
I'm sorry guys, but this is, hands down, one of the best games ever made

Been playing it for three months straight and I'm STILL discovering new stuff every time
>The core gameplay is amazing
>A billion custom games
>It's all free

I can NOT understand the hate /v/ has for this genre
Only argument I see is that "IT'S NOT A RTS"
So what? It's not trying to be

Dota 2 deserves it's place in videogame history among the greats
It's the closest to mulitplayer perfection I've seen
>>
You're right senpai. Everyone in the gaming scene agrees. Nobody cares about shitty opinions on a Chinese Image Board!
>>
Wait, custom games are now a thing like in Warcraft 3?
>>
Same reason why fighting games threads are a joke on /v/. /v/ is bad at video games.
>>
>>332169330
it's such a great game that /v/ hates it and forces all dota 2 discussion on /vg/
>>
i don't like the direction it's taken over the last few patches

also, valve are kikes
>>
>>332169330
Mmos aren't real games anon.
>>
>>332170065
this, those complaining about the burden of knowledge needs their own effort to know game mechanics. It's like you can see the hurtbox when playing fighting games
>>
File: gabe.jpg (97 KB, 1024x968) Image search: [Google]
gabe.jpg
97 KB, 1024x968
>>332169472
Yup
>>
>>332170463
Glad he's looking out for his health using that exercise ball as a chair. Always good to keep good posture.
>>
>>332170463
That's great, gonna download Dota 2 now.
>>
>>332170065
>>also, valve are kikes
???
Literally the fairest economic model there is.
>>
>>332170614
>Fair
>Literally allows any garbage on Steam without checking it first
>>
File: awesomenauts.jpg (853 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
awesomenauts.jpg
853 KB, 1920x1080
>>332169330
It's not even the best game in the genre.
>>
>>332169330
I feel like there is a serious shortage of assets for the custom games. A lot of them feel and look too barebones while WC3 was comfy af. If only Valve could make some buildings, fences, gates, all that shit, but no one there will lift a finger for it.
Also, source cannot handle as many units. Really shows in Element Tower or whatever it's called.
>>
>>332169330
>I'm sorry guys, but this is, hands down, one of the best games ever made
It would be if there was a patch that nerfed the current OP heroes, but no, another month of arc warden, spectre, etc
>>
>>332170614
they're just vomiting out more and more shitty items at a rapid pace instead of fixing old ones (things like the tb arcana had major bugs/issues for well over a year) or dealing with the fact that their "reborn" client runs like utter shit for most people and the game is lacking basic shit like ranked seasons (mmr has been inflating for literally years now for no reason) and replay backwards compatibility

they do shit like add user-contributed items and strip them of features/styles and lock them behind further microtransactions/gachaboxes, which i think is pretty gross.

i mean, you're going to say "b-but it's just cosmetics", but that doesn't really mean they're not giant fucking kikes about it.
>>
>>332169330
I hate the fucking controls.

Clicking a million times just to move in a generally straight path or tapping S to prevent autoattacks is tedious and adds nothing.

I like SMITE more despite being the inferior game just because the controls are bareable.

It makes sense for an RTS to have those controls, but barely any sense for a mostly one playable unit game to have them.
>>
File: sen4515.jpg (62 KB, 566x536) Image search: [Google]
sen4515.jpg
62 KB, 566x536
>>332171204
>Clicking a million times just to move in a generally straight path

You don't have to do that

> tapping S to prevent autoattacks is tedious and adds nothing.

You can turn off autoattacks
>>
>>332170710
Brutha.
>>
File: dotard is euphoric.gif (2 MB, 301x356) Image search: [Google]
dotard is euphoric.gif
2 MB, 301x356
What's the point of talking about League of Legends, Heroes of Newerth, other ASSFAGOTS games or even other genres, when there won't ever be a remotely as good game as Dota 2. I don't understand why you people bother arguing or having discussions about any other game, there won't be a game as comparably good as Dota 2 for another 5-10 years.

I'll put my credibility on the line here, and say that Dota 2 is the best game of all time. By "best game of all time", I refer to artistic and technical production, and gameplay design iteration (since Dota is arguably one of the most iterated upon computer game).

From a technological rendering standpoint, it's visuals may not be king, but the art assets, overall art direction, and particle effects are the best that I have ever seen. The most excellently, tastefully produced art that I have ever seen in a game.

The voice cast is the best I have ever heard, Dota 2 has Duke Nukem (Jon St. John), Cortana (Jen Taylor), Nathan Drake (Nolan North), the entire L4D cast, the entire Half-Life 2 cast, the entire Team Fortress 2 cast, and GlaDOS from Portal.

Let's actually get down to the gameplay. No two games I have ever played have felt similar to the point of feeling rote. Each and every hero in Dota 2 is distinctly different from another, offering a uniquely encapsulated experience with well-defined goals for every single playable character in Dota. Because every hero feels so profoundly unique, every game that I play of Dota 2 feels fundamentally different in a way that League of Legends is not able to reproduce.

I could go on, and on, but at this point I might as well just make a video essay. Also, I have some Dota to play. Dota 2 is seriously a game I could play ad-inifnitum, and never get tired of. Why bother with any other game?

Why speculate about other games in the genre, and other genres, when the best game ever made is already here?
>>
>hey everyone please play this game so I can troll the everloving fuck out of you by insanely cheap and trollish play so I can inflate my epeen online skillscore slightlly!
Fuck Dota2 trolls. and fuck everyone that plays any variant of this extremely shitty game type. They're all garbage.
>>
File: 1458346155122.gif (2 MB, 235x240) Image search: [Google]
1458346155122.gif
2 MB, 235x240
>>332170710
This man gets it.
>>
>>332171204
Turn off autoattacks you scrublord. Map hold to space so you can stutter-lasthit you shitstain. Fucking noob
>>
I thoroughly enjoy that I haven't learned how to play all the heroes at full potential yet, at 1.3k hours in
I understand the learning curve is a bit of a hassle for most people, but once you're past it I think it's a pretty fun game
>>
>>332171547
I have 2351hours in it and i still play it daily.

But it does have one major downside and that is the shitty community who troll in ranked matches, although LP has improved tenfold since they made it so you have to win for it to count, people actually try now instead of AFKing the entire match
>>
>>332170379
>It's like you can see the hurtbox when playing fighting games
Are you talking about the new boxes around the tower and camps?
I'm not exactly fond of their approach, but the map itself should have some sort of visual aid to show where the spawns areas start. Maybe implement some animal prints in their spawn or a dirt patch. What they've done right now feels like a band-aid.
>>
File: dotamasterrace.png (490 KB, 1313x683) Image search: [Google]
dotamasterrace.png
490 KB, 1313x683
>>
>>332172134
>So you're saying you go on reddit?
>>
>>332172134
>checking out this sub
>they talk about League more than Dota
>>
>>332172349
It's a subreddit literally made for dota players to shit talk league of legends.
>leddit
Who gives a fuck what a bunch of cuck teenagers are doing
>>
File: kreay2.jpg (164 KB, 580x549) Image search: [Google]
kreay2.jpg
164 KB, 580x549
Anyone else ever get this "enlightened" feeling when they realize they're not as good players as they think they are - and feel like they belong in their MMR?

Everytime I lose a game I can pinpoint what I did wrong, and apply myself for the next games. It's truly an amazing feeling. Sure, other players on your team make mistakes as well, often even retard mistakes, but I don't control them. I can however control myself and change how I play.

Sounds gay I know, but I'm rising in MMR at least.

>>332172134
they act like retards for the most part

but I visit the sub every few months to laugh at league faggots.
>>
>>332172134
thank you reddit spy
>>
>>332169330
This game is so fucking addictive I wish I never touched it. Most of my games aren't even that fun
>>
This thread is fucking gay.
>>
>>332170710
It's been a while since I played this. I might buy the newest extension when it will be on sale for like 2$ or maybe less. Are my bros Skolldir and Leon any good right now ?
>>
>>332172459
>Who gives a fuck what a bunch of cuck teenagers are doing
That's the main demographic.
>>
>>332169330

It is, yeah. Dota is a game scratching every itch a tryhard gamer can possible have.

Hate mostly comes from casuals. Being a good Dotard is so fucking difficult and mentally exhausting. It's not "fun" in a traditional sense. Sometimes I feel that ranked MM is a second stressful job.
>>
File: Satisfaction - Kopya.jpg (26 KB, 295x245) Image search: [Google]
Satisfaction - Kopya.jpg
26 KB, 295x245
>Valve balances dota 2 taking suggestions of 2k mmr redditards constantly making game shittier
>Riot balances lol around bronze-gold level so that majority of their players still enjoys the game
>Instead of improving, both games get worse and worse and easier to play
>both had their prime around 2013, though lols wasnt a good game back then either
>mfw 5 years later both games will be history because of riot and valve's mismanagement and FARTS genre will be dead forever

>>332174380
reddit is hardly representative of dota community
>>
>>332169330
No place for innovation, which is why there are no real alternatives to DOTA 2, you only have DOTA with a few modification, for instance LOL is a bit more casual DOTA made for payers with not enough time/incentive to master DOTA etc.
If you look at any other genre, sure the core is the same, but there are many differences and sub-genres and cross-overs present, just look at RTS, FPS and RPG for instance. With MOBAS everything is the same except for a few "balancing" changes, differences in paid model and that's mostly it.
This is because MOBAS are a limited sub-genre by themselves, they are a sub-genre of RTS and that is a fact, it's not bad it's just what it is.

The hate comes from frustrated RTS gamers who wouldn't care about MOBAS if they didn't push out the very genre that is the reason they exist. They have a good reason to be frustrated because all they want is to play some new RTS but all they hear and see is MOBA MOBA MOBA.
>>
>>332174626
>Valve balances dota 2 taking suggestions of 2k mmr redditards
Valve consistently balances based on pro tournaments
>>
>>332174626
No, you said cuck teenagers, with cuck meaning pretty much nothing since being introduced to this cancerous asshole of site, teenagers are the main demographic.
I'd find it hard to believe it was aimed at an older one, aside from older players from the original.
>>
>>332174298
Skolldir is pretty stupid at the moment since they buffed Axethrowing Trophy (that one throw upgrade that gives makes you throw people farther) to also increase stun duration. End result being that you can now be thrown from your own turret in front of theirs and then easily be dogpiled by the entire enemy team before you get a chance to move again. It's likely getting nerfed next patch. Other than that he's okay.

Leon is as decent as he has always been. Much like Froggy G and Lonestar, he's pretty much never going to go out of style.
>>
How do I stop sucking so much at it though?

It feels like no matter what I do I always end up feeding more than I should, and the few times I don't I end up achieving hardly anything at all.

What's the best guy for someone who sucks?
>>
>>332175091
The secret is to not give a shit. No one actually knows how to play this game, just do stuff and have fun.
>>
If I have a dazzle pack that I got as a drop that's worth money what can I do with it? It says it's not marketable.
>>
>>332175091
Get FOTM heroes.I've been playing for 4 years and this patch has the most OP meta.Maybe HOHAHA sniper but other than that its the most op meta.
>>
>>332174770
lvl1 invoke was a reddit suggestion. od got buffed 3 times because of reddit complaining. 5manning meta so redditshit watch pro games etc.
dota is a shell of the game it used to be now.
>>332174814
im not that guy and i am presuming youre the retard who posted same image several times now in those threads.

>with cuck meaning pretty much nothing since being introduced to this cancerous asshole of site, teenagers are the main demographic.
I'd find it hard to believe it was aimed at an older one, aside from older players from the original.
wtf are you babbling lol? go play a dota 2 match and see the main demographic. I dont think russians frequent reddit
>>
>>332175232
Everyone knows how to play it better than me though
>>
>>332175091
Work on your positioning.

Before deciding to go anywhere, ask yourself "is it safe?".

Do not cross the fucking river unless you have vision on at least half the enemy team. Just DO NOT DO IT. If you have to cross it in order to ward, ask someone in your team with a strong disable to accompany you, and get out at first sight of danger. Don't try to assault a lone carry farming in the jungle if you don't have vision on the enemy team.

Really if you ask yourself every time "Am I safe if I go there?" You'll reduce your death count by more than half, no joke.

And if some retard put himself in a shitty position and gets caught off, PLEASE dont go help him, you'll just die too. If he gets mad you didn't "help" him just mute that shitter.

Walk where it's safe and you won't die. Unless they smoke gank.
>>
>>332169330
Opinions, anon.

I don't like it because I find it to be slow, I'm not a fan of competitive team games, and I don't like the wait when you die. My favourite multiplayer game is Starcraft.

Someone else might prefer Quake. Different people like different things.
>>
>>332175091

Think, think, think. Watch your replays, analyze what went wrong. Play safe, play greedy.

Also,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlCRfTmBSGs
>>
>>332170463
Better stay dead you fatass, 'cause I will spawnkill you till you either revive at the graveyard or stop playing.
>>
File: 1439514330086.gif (453 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1439514330086.gif
453 KB, 320x240
>>332169330
>I'm sorry guys, but this is, hands down, one of the best games ever made

Yes, it was 2 Years ago, now its cash grab. I played it everyday, but recently updates just hold me in fact that Gabe dont know how to organize his own team., and i just threw it into trashbin. Now I dont know what to play, and doing many usefull things that I couldnt do earlier.
>>
>>332174929
Great. What about the 3 new nauts ? I heard one of them is retarded right now. Can't blame them, they want to sell their extension so gotta pay to win. Are they interesting to play ?
>>
File: 1456130728201.jpg (49 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1456130728201.jpg
49 KB, 1280x720
>>332170906

>Another baby that believes in mmr inflation

"B-but there weren't so many 6k players 2 years ago!!!"
>>
>ti4
>2chinese teams dominate through "memepush"
>No one in tournament can figure how to deal with it
>balance update straight after hard nerfs the characters involved in it and adds a new mechanic that let's you reglyph
>rather than just letting players figure how to counter it themselves

This has happened way too much
>>
>>332170710
My fucking man, I've played the shit out of this.
>>
I started playing this a while ago and I like jungling with that Lycan guy. How do I get better with him?
>>
>>332177212
You stop jungling.
>>
File: Chucho.png (2 MB, 1350x1288) Image search: [Google]
Chucho.png
2 MB, 1350x1288
>>332176143
The most retarded of the new nauts is Chucho, for similar reason as Skolldir (one of his upgrades is super powerful and pretty much makes him a nightmare in teamfights). Though he is also by far the most fun to play, flying around on your bike, throwing sticky bombs and chasing enemies fucking everywhere. Jimmy was also pretty OP at one point but they nerfed him recently.

And honestly, I wouldn't blame new nauts being overpowered by intention so much as by mistake. Ronimo has never quite gotten the hang of balancing nauts on release in either direction. Vinnie and Ksenia were both pretty much useless at release. And as previously mentioned, the old nauts sure as hell aren't going anywhere, Froggy G has been at the top of the leaderboard charts since day 1 and doesn't look like he's going to step down any time soon.
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.