[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Game technology thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: medalofhonorpacificassault1.jpg (546 KB, 3000x2025) Image search: [Google]
medalofhonorpacificassault1.jpg
546 KB, 3000x2025
We had all this in 2004 but not in 2016:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKFcC3lgVsc

What went wrong /v/?
>>
>>332168358
I don't know.
>>
>>332168358
>480p

Get the fuck out of here
>>
>>332168358
>... creating relationships the player..

stopped watching right there
>>
>>332169164
you don't like relationships, anon?
>>
Because games are no longer about videogames, its about marketing

There's no time for neat technology extras because you need to put in a crafting system, since that's "in" right now
You can't make the AI smart, or else they'll beat the casuals, and you can't have people losing the game anymore

You can't make dynamic events, because then things might not go the player's way, or it might not be perfect all the time, so instead a scripted sequence is made
>>
That trailer was mostly hype and bunch of it didn't end up in the final game. It's free on Origin now if you want it.
>>
I miss teamwork in games.
Nowadays you can do everything by yourself. All vehicles only need one person.
>>
yeah too bad none of this shit made into the final game
>>
>Tech demo
lol
>>
>>332168358
Most of the stuff he says is bullshit and most likely devs never really tried to implement it into the game.
>>
>>332170954

OP here, I just posted this thread to see if anyone remembered this shit show.

I remember being hyped as fuck about the technology and then the final game looked like any other quake 3 engine based game with some shaders slapped on.
>>
MOHPA is one of those odd "memorable but not very good" games. I can list most missions despite not playing it in a decade or so.

I also liked how you were continuously strapped for ammo so you couldnt just rooty tooty mindlessly.

>those jungle levels with jap snipers
>>
>>332169164
>he's not advancing Social Links in Medal of Honor games
Are you casual or something?
>>
>>332168358
Because it's a fake EA advertisement. None of this graphics is in the game.
>>
>we had this technology in 2011
>nowhere to be seen in 2016
Where did everything go so wrong?
www.youtube.com/watch?v=00gAbgBu8R4
>>
>>332169603
This
Producers saw that it is easier to give low quality shit to dudebros than to please people that actually demand quality games.
The industry really took a dive.
Video games always were a business, but now it is way more focused on making money than anything than ever.
>>
>Thief had 6-D environments in 1998
>2016 games are only 3-D
WHY IS THIS ALLOWED
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIMzs5O3QWo
>>
File: Specular.jpg (698 KB, 1920x2160) Image search: [Google]
Specular.jpg
698 KB, 1920x2160
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.