[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is your opinion of the driving physics in GTA IV?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4
File: Grand_Theft_Auto_IV_cover.jpg (78 KB, 256x320) Image search: [Google]
Grand_Theft_Auto_IV_cover.jpg
78 KB, 256x320
What is your opinion of the driving physics in GTA IV?
>>
>>332166975
Shitty/Great

Just saved you 100 posts of shit OP
>>
They were fine
I don't know why everyone had so much trouble with them.
>>
>>332166975
It wasn't as good as Saints Row 2
>>
Back in 2008 when I hadn't drove yet I thought it was realistic, but after getting a license it's not really that realistic, just unique in its floaty driving
>>
Best driving of any GTA game
>>
>>332166975
They're just like real life.
>>
>>332166975
Better than 5's. Best in the series IMHO.
>>
I got used to them eventually and even ended up really good after playing IV so much but personally I preferred how V did it better.
>>
>>332166975
It's like driving around in a boat.
I had an old fucked up 95 LeSabre that drove like that, it was awful.
>>
Great but it didn't suit the arcadey driving of the previous games
>>
sultan rs was god tier. i could drive around the island for a good half hour without getting bored, fast as hell and glorious traction
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qanlirrRWs
People forget that cars are actually pretty maneuverable, much more than the fucking cars in GTA IV.
Granted, this is a highly customized all wheel drive, but honestly in GTA IV you had problems taking huge corners if you weren't going 20km/h
>>
>>332167263

>take a corner above 20mph in an SUV
>do 3 barrel rolls and kill half a dozen people before the car comes to a rest upside down
>>
>>332166975
Took a little while to get used to, but once I did they were GOAT
>>
>>332167263
>pro drifter in a custom AWD
>versus a slav in a soccer mom van
>>
>>332166975
Disgusting garbage
There was already a GTAIVfags getting BTFO thread today, why make another one OP?
>>
>>332166975
Eh. Don't really see the hate or the appeal of it. It's just kinda mediocre.

Tried to do realism over fun which loomed over the entire game(and subsequently made it play like shit), but it's still better than most open world driving.

Still prefer SA, they just hit that nice spot of being arcadey and fun to actually drive.
>>
>>332167562
Well the slav is the player, but even a normal car can handle much better than in game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEmcfwdv_5k
>>
Still prefer V, they hit that nice spot of being easy to control and fun to actually drive
>>
>>332166975
pretty awful, by the end of the game I was taking cabs everywhere just so I wouldn't have to keep swerving everywhere and constantly shake off 1 stars
>>
File: IMG_6721.jpg (118 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6721.jpg
118 KB, 800x600
People who say its shit were too stupid to figure out how to drift properly.
I was so fucking good at driving in this shitty game that people were sending me Hatemails via XBL.

Every Car was unique in the way it drives.

RIP GTA IV Cops & Crooks, I will never forget the good times
>>
>>332167827
I did they same. Not only the controls, but the map just wasn't fin to drive in, nobody likes driving cars in busy cites, and games aren't the exception.

Hell, at least it gave you are reason to actually spend some damn money.
>>
Bretty good, V is too Arcade-ish for me
>>
>>332168047
I don't get it, prior to V's release every was begging for more fun acradey driving.
How the fuck did you faggots go from hating IV's driving and calling ti the worst, to missing it and thinking it's the best?
>>
File: 1281230320727.gif (2 MB, 270x180) Image search: [Google]
1281230320727.gif
2 MB, 270x180
IV's felt too Arcade-y to me compared to V

It took absolutely zero effort to get launched through the windshield in IV, in V you at least have to be doing 140mph or more to get launched out
>>
The rolling was a bit much, I played with a first person mod and it was like sailing a boat.
>>
>>332168251
I didn't even know you could get launched out in V.
>>
Once I got used to it I couldn't stop driving.
>>
>>332168351
I've never done it in online but it happens constantly to me in SP
>>
>>332168351

it can still happen but if you do you're pretty much dead

>was driving a Comet as Trevor
>some guy just swerves in front of me
>get launched through the windshield and break my neck off of his car
>>
>>332166975
Best in the series by far.
GTAIV was a revolution, and an upgrade in every single way.
>>
>>332166975
Not perfect but should have been tweaked rather than changed.
>>
>>332166975
Best in the series, but still not very good.
>>
Taxi master race here.
>>
>>332166975
GOAT kinogame tbqh
>>
File: image.jpg (96 KB, 970x617) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
96 KB, 970x617
>>332169320
Don't ever say kino again
>>
>>332167715
Fuck you. V has the worst driving physics in the series.
>>
>>332169734
If you seriously believe that, then clearly you haven't replayed any of the old GTA's.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.