[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is Vermintide worth it if I don't have any friends to play
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 6
File: vermintide.jpg (344 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
vermintide.jpg
344 KB, 1080x1080
is Vermintide worth it if I don't have any friends to play it with? All my friends hate Warhammer.
>>
Maybe, I prefer it to l4d and killing rat men is great fun but now that it's been out a while many are just running the same 2 levels over and over to get better loot. Why? So they can run those same 2 levels over and over with a slightly better weapon
>>
>>332165202
Its pretty much L4D without friends then, public sucks. Ive only ever played public because my friends don't enjoy Warhammer either. Sometimes friends just have bad taste.
>>
>>332165437
That sounds horrible, holy shit
>>
>>332165202
I started playing it last week and it was fun only when playing with friends anon
>>
File: MAXIMUM FUCK.png (135 KB, 510x546) Image search: [Google]
MAXIMUM FUCK.png
135 KB, 510x546
>>332165202

>All my friends hate Warhammer.

Kill friends.
>>
>>332165503
most people just do a rotation of the maps every session
>>
>>332165481
>>332165516

this, my friends gifted it to me as some kind of sick joke but it gets boring after a few hours of pubs
>>
>>332165674
I guess there's no use buying it, I'm better off pre-ordering total war warhammer
>>
>>332165202
Link your profile, nigger. I bet you and your "friends" are dotacucks.
>>
>>332165789
>>332165674
>>332165481
I have an idea :)
>>
>>332165789

>pre-ordering total war warhammer

Anon, please don't. At least wait to see if the game actually is working upon release.
>>
File: 5ab.jpg (435 KB, 838x911) Image search: [Google]
5ab.jpg
435 KB, 838x911
>>332165853
I don't play Dota, the only MOBA I played was Heroes of the Storm and I havent touched it in months, when i get home from work all I do is jump on Elite or Space Marine.
>>
>>332165902
chaos dlc, man
>>
>>332166141

>major faction hidden behind pre-order

I forgot how sleezy CA or Sega has gotten. It wouldn't be as bad if they didn't royally fuck up a major release as Rome II.
>>
>>332165789
Buy it on sale, enjoy the rat horde, hope for a sequel with more RPG elements - damn this d be great as first person Diablo
>>
>>332166232
I wonder if we'll ever get another Diablo
>>
Have 3 friends that enjoy warhammer. We all got bored within 20 hours. Maps are very forgettable, melee combat is different but not as fun as shooting things. Quipping is also very repetitive
>>
>>332166316
Grim Dawn
>>
If you want a challenging l4d, go for it.

Be warned, the bots are even more retarded unfortunately.
>>
Its really good and challenging. After 115 hours I finally finished all missions on Cataclysm and have almost all exotic weapons.
Took that long since we didn't have a 4th player until recently.

Its better than L4D and with a group of friends you can easily get at least 50 hours from it at the moment.

It also has a bunch of small mechanics and quirks that give it a lot of depth, and the combat is addictive. The first person melee is one of the best ever made, it is responsive brutal and has weight behind it.

However you need a group of friends. I was lucky to find a group from public but if you can't make friends it is pretty tough.
>>
>>332165503
It is exactly the same as Payday 2 was, it in fact has more than L4D or Killing Floor has.

Have you never played co-op vs AI games?
>>
>>332165938
>Space Marine
I wish that game wasn't dead in my country. The P2P network lag makes it impossible for me to play even if I do find a full team.
>>
No. I had 2 friends who are actually into Warhammer and like Left 4 Dead buy into it with me. We never even beat all the missions
>>
>>332167185
Are you sure it's not your net? I'm in fucking Portugal
>>
>>332166641
Bots often play better than most players I've met.
>>
>>332165202
Random plaeyers will ruin your fun. Premade party is a must.
>>
i say the game is good enough if you like raising the difficulty on each level, the main problem right now is that it has a terrible lack of content in term of levels,
for now the only reason to replay levels on highest difficulty is for the better loot and the loot system is RNG based in the end of every game.

they are gonna use the dlc system like payday 2, only hoping it will be actually well done unlike shelling 7€ for one heist and shit you don't need all the time, for now the first dlc was 3€ and it's literally just one map just for the survival mode.
>>
>>332167254
Sounds like a case of shit taste and being unable to get good.
>>
Not really, they still have work to do on it and they've improved it since release but relying on randoms in a purely coop game is never a good idea.
>>
>>332165202
You can go for higher difficulty and get better loots if you have friends. This game is quite a grind-fest, and higher risk comes with better rewards.
>>
>>332165202
Its too basic. Plus the classes are horrid.
>oh boy lets have humans, humans, short humans and tall humans in a setting with all sorts of interesting factions
>oh and fuck it, lets only have 1 enemy type for 99% of the time and the other 1% of the time have a special who dies in 1 hit
>>
>>332166226
I'm going to play Devil's advocate for two seconds here and say that Dark Omen didn't have Chaos as a main faction, and it was pretty fucking good.
Fuck CA for putting it behind a paywall, though.
>>
Might be a dumb question, but what are the chances that there will be a Total war 40k?
>>
>>332167854
That would be horrid
>>
>>332167498
It wasn't an issue with the difficulty. It was an issue with the ____fun_____. It just wasn't.

And as for taste, I've played a ton of Warhammer Age of Reckoning with these dudes so it wasn't the setting that was a turn off. We've also played vaguely similar games like Left 4 Dead 1+2, Payday 1+2, Killing Floor 1+2, and probably a few others, so it wasn't the genre that was a turn off.
>>
>>332167854
just play space hulk
>>
>>332167706
>I hate when games are consistent with lore! We should have Chaos Demons and Black Orks side by side since they are COOL and have black armor and spiky bits!
>I only played on normal but my impression is valid!
>>
>>332167894
Myeh, I guess. I just find it odd since our group has played all those games that you mentioned extensively and we enjoy Vermintide a lot as well.
I guess it is the combat. If you don't enjoy slashing skaven in half or stabbing them in the throat there isn't much fun in the core gameplay.
>>
File: 1255556511521.jpg (72 KB, 605x607) Image search: [Google]
1255556511521.jpg
72 KB, 605x607
>trying to get to wave 20+ on The Fall
>people throwing grenades willy nilly instead of getting the ogre to an edge and then knocking him down with just one
>people thinking the ogre is the main problem when the regular rats clip through him and stab you without being able to hit them back
>>
>>332167854

Doesn't make sense and wouldn't work well. Total War is based on regiments an formation style warfare, which just happens to be what Warhammer Fantasy tabletop is based on. Warhammer 40k is based more on smaller skirmishes rather than formations and regiments. It wouldn't fit the Total War formula, honestly.
>>
I enjoyed it and played it for a few weeks quite often at launch.

Unfortunately, I live in Australia and have no friends who also play it. This means I had to play with whoever I could find online with Australia or Oceanic's limited player pool (internet is too bad to try playing too far overseas). And all anybody wanted to do was the same stupid level over and over again for loot when I just wanted to do every level for fun.

Is that still the norm and I shouldn't bother, or did something change and it's worth trying again?
>>
It was lots of fun but I'm pretty sure it's either dead now or that it will be very soon.
>>
>>332170579
Add me, steam name 0joshus0, display is the local pope. When I get back from holiday lets get a few rounds going, never had s chance to play with mates like you and I want to play the game real bad.
>>
>>332171589
Well it has a pretty stable population of a couple thousand players.

If Fatshark can play their cards right by releasing new content and having better marketing (kek that last stand trailer) its a game that could easily bounce back
>>
File: Laughing ork.jpg (22 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
Laughing ork.jpg
22 KB, 225x225
Speaking of Warhammer games, Battlefleet Gothic is super fucking fun. Especially now that orks are in the beta:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19JRYTkg5fQ

>mfw ramming gits with muh cruizers
>>
To its credit, the melee combat of this game sure feels right. It just feels so RIGHT, you know?
>>
>>332172767

When does the full version come out? I'm interested in trying it then.
>>
>>332173307
In a few months I think.
It got delayed a bit, probably due to balance and unstability concerns. It plays pretty dang good as it is already though, with some glitchiness here and there.
>>
>>332173307
It was pushed back to 21st April
>>
>>332165202
I liked it because I like warhammer/mordheim, and the gameplay is good. The loot grind could be a bit faster, considering you can just CE whatever items you want or the minerals to make new items without getting banned anyway.
>>
>>332173519
Is it worth getting yet? Campaign any more substantive?
>>
>>332173686
The beta campaign is just about 3 missions. The main purpose of the beta is to fix bugs, and work on balancing the multiplayer.

The campaign in the release version will be substantially larger.
>>
>>332173974
I know, I played them and refunded the game because I was unsure about it, is the balance any better? I played about a month ago.
>>
>>332174039
It is somewhat better imo.
Torpedos are now worthwhile at least.
>>
>almost been a full year since AoS
>STILL no rumours of Classic Fantasy
>Bretonnia and Tomb Kings squatted
>hundreds of gorgeous models literally just axed
>>
>>332165789
Preorder Battlefleet Gothic since we know that's good
>>
>>332165202
nah, boring as fuck. I got completely bored of it in 5 hours. it has like 10 levels in total, which you replay infinetely for loot.
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.