[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why was he so broken?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: screenshot.2016-03-26 23.23.02.png (253 KB, 641x672) Image search: [Google]
screenshot.2016-03-26 23.23.02.png
253 KB, 641x672
Why was he so broken?
>>
Man, I would have loved to be a fly on the wall at the meeting where Funky Kong was proposed.
>>
Does anyone have any of those videos of Japanese MKW clan wars and its just ALL Funky Kongs? And they're all on the bowser bike too I think.I remember seeing one on Coconut mall
>>
>>332153675
https://youtu.be/-R5DK0u_ZxU?t=25s
>>
>>332153824
Only for Time Trials

Your question should be: Why were Inside-drift bikes broken?
>>
>>332153839
Competitive Mario Kart exists?
>>
File: pQo7e8E.jpg (43 KB, 514x536) Image search: [Google]
pQo7e8E.jpg
43 KB, 514x536
>>332153978
Only for extreme autists who never played a video game until the Wii came out and they got Mario Kart.

Not even joking, I was around this so called community and that was what a lot of it is made up of.
>>
>>332154932
So a game that's literally decided by rng? Is competitive Time Trials a thing? At least that would make sense
>>
File: 10.jpg (71 KB, 1000x669) Image search: [Google]
10.jpg
71 KB, 1000x669
>think it would be so cool to play Mario Kart wii on Dolphin
>go on online mode
>everyone is playing as funky kong
>>
File: 1458500096609.gif (951 KB, 500x384) Image search: [Google]
1458500096609.gif
951 KB, 500x384
>>332154932
Yes to both. That community also thinks competitive Mario kart matters to millions of people, and some literal faggot thought it warranted making a documentary on it. Like actually getting people and flying around the world to interview them. Of course it completely failed but holy shit.

Also they were completely "threatened" by any other Mario Kart game that came out after Wii, bashing MK7 and 8 claiming its the true experience and shit like that.
>>
>>332155798
Meant for >>332155172
>>
>>332155798
Yeah Ive seen dedicated MKW fans praise it like its the most skill-based Mario Kart and then shit on MK8
>>
>>332155798
>>332156725
Sounds like meleefags but ten times more autistic
what is it with nintendo games attracting these kinds of degenerates
>>
>>332153225
Because he was the fastest character.
The best Mario Kart players manage their items, know the track, and can react fast enough to take advantage of his top speed and beat other characters most of the time.
>>
Because a Funky who isn't better than everyone else isn't the real Funky Kong.
>>
>>332156725
If anything MKDS would seem more skill intensive by virtue of snaking
>>
>>332156725
To be fair, 8 did shit the bed a bit.

Green shells were made faster and given rng homing abilities upon bouncing off a wall.
Offensive items were made more common and hitstun time was drastically increased for even the weakest of items.
Recovery items were nerfed significantly and track designs had very few shortcuts.
Item chance scaling by distance from first instead of place took away a lot of item management strats.

Basically, it became a very rng heavy front-running centric game, where most races were decided within the first few moments, as catching up after falling behind was extremely difficult.
>>
>>332157780
One thing I liked about 8 was the faster vehicle recovery, no stupid fade to black and it's a bit trickier to get a turbo boost from it to compensate
>>
Wait, why does everyone use Funky Kong?
>>
>>332160816
Because he's broken af
>>
>>332160887
But why? Sorry I don't really play Mario Kart. Is it weight or something??
>>
>>332160943
Apart from the three weight divisions, each character had a slight boost to one or two stats (eg top speed, off road etc).
Funky Kong was a heavy character (they had the highest top speeds) and also had a boost to speed, which meant that he hit a higher max speed than anyone else.
>>
>>332160816
Because he is caring and supportive

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68JQtxTzjqc
>>
>>332157197
It's like they really can't make it any better, so people have to pick a favorite for whatever reason. I felt the same way when I played Super Mario Sunshine praying for something like 64. I grew to appreciate it.
>>
>>332153225
OODODODODODAY
>>
>love funky because because dk64 is my favorite game of all time
>use an inside drift bike because why the fuck wouldn't you?
>get called a min maxing autist

I mean, they aren't wrong, but I only wanted to play my favorite character, not pick the best combo.
>>
>>332162331
Yeah I was planning on using Funky Kong as soon as I found out he was in the game, legitimately spent several months thinking Funky Kong was really popular until my friend told me he just had bike speed up
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.