[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you think of Hawken?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: what-is-hawken.jpg (136 KB, 440x235) Image search: [Google]
what-is-hawken.jpg
136 KB, 440x235
What do you think of Hawken?
>>
Played it a long time ago and enjoyed the few hours I put in but that was mostly due to the majority of players being total shit at the game.
>>
>>332135113
It's completely different now, I think. Play it again.
>>
>>332135603
Is the f2p grind lessened?
>>
File: 1433816090780.jpg (27 KB, 356x256) Image search: [Google]
1433816090780.jpg
27 KB, 356x256
>>332134953
Didn't the devs just wind up abandoning it?
>>
Is this game dead?
>>
I got pretty good with the TOW and wrecked the kids back in early beta.

Haven't played since.
>>
>>332135975
Original devs died or were fired or something and some other guys took over.
>>
>>332135819
No.
And the customization is still shit too.
>>
>>332135603
thought it turned into massive pay2win
>>
I came back expecting maybe something new but there's still zero mech diversity or weapons for each mech. Mechwarrior Online might be a pile of garbage but the level of customization is pretty good.
>>
File: breaking through a chokepoint.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
breaking through a chokepoint.webm
3 MB, 640x360
>>332134953
hawken was fucking sweet when i played it like two summers ago

i think it pretty much got abondoned

the game had a lot of potential. It was neat how it was kinda fast like a typical fps but still felt like you were piloting a mech. wish it leaned just a little more on the mech side though.

it was like a game that both COD kiddies and people who liked mechwarrior games could both enjoy.
>>
>>332134953
I okay end a bit and enjoyed it for an hour or two.
I wasn't going to pay only to enter the endless pursuit of of better mechs and equipment though so I uninstalled it.
>>
>>332137490
>that new UI
>>
>>332139116
that webm is pretty old. i think that was from like two years ago when i still played

you could always edit the ui colors. not my webm either by the way
>>
>>332134953
tencent p2w
>>
Used to be a good mix of quake and CoD. now it's just a worse version of CoD.
>>
File: mech3.jpg (541 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
mech3.jpg
541 KB, 1920x1200
>>332134953
hawken is faster-paced mechwarrior online with MORE p2w

really tried to like that game but its grind is absolutely insane
>>
>>332140281
This. The game actively makes you HATE playing it because it's progression is a fucking crawl.

It doesn't help that the community is dead and empty.
>>
I enjoyed for a while when all I used was a Reaper then when I tried to branch out I realized how unbalanced the mechs were and that only a few were really viable. Lost interest after that.
>>
>>332139246
I remember when it looked like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENKntcsrx9I
>>
>>332134953
I was mostly interesting in it because it was Oculus Rift Compatible and you could move your head around in the cockpit. Without that immersion I don't think I would have ever played it.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.