[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey anons who gave me advice earlier today. I posted thread about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: New-3DS-XL-Black.jpg (520 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
New-3DS-XL-Black.jpg
520 KB, 2048x1536
Hey anons who gave me advice earlier today. I posted thread about buying a new 3ds and what games I should get. I wanted an XL but local gamestop only had small N3DS in the Animal Crossing package. So heres what I got.
>Animal Crossing package standard size New 3DS.
>Animal Crossing New Leaf (A.C. was always my favorite game
>Majoras Mask
>Xenoblade Chronicles
>Metal Gear Snake Eater.
Havent even played anything yet, just been taking 3d pics of my cat. So thanks guys, this N3DS feels much more solid than the original first version. I'm pretty happy, cept for that "smart 3d shit" tries to re-buffer with every little jolt (old one didnt do that)
>One more thing anons
Please suggest my Animal Crossing town name. I think the limit is 8 letters.
>>
>>332132786
Oh and thanks again for all the recommendations. Like I said in my last thread, every game review website is just fucking slideshows or full of pop ups. You guys were cool about giving me advice.
>>
I'm tired as fuck and didnt really read but have a bump OP>
>>
>>332133785
Thanks bro, sleep tight. Ill have a drink of my cheap whiskey for you.
>>
>>332132786
call it nigger titties
>>
>>332134324
I totally fucking would bro but that name is too long. And fuck it I already lost my fucking stylus. Anyone got a recommendation for an old eshop NES game. I want Simons Quest for sure. But dont know if its available (havent even been on eshop yet)
>>
>>332132786
>cept for that "smart 3d shit" tries to re-buffer with every little jolt (old one didnt do that)

Probably cause you got the non-IPS screen. Thats the one I have too, and apparently the 3D effect sucks on it. Nintendo just decided to randomly ship both versions. The IPS screen and non-IPS one (called TN screen).
>>
>>332135570
oh fuck man, I didnt know about the screens. I got the New 3DS bundle with the animal crossing happy home bullshit (not hating on animal crossing, I love it but didnt want the "happy home" game) How can I tell what screen I got? The fuck is wrong with Nintendo. I have only ever owned Nintendo consoles. And Ive owned them all. NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U (sold that defective piece of shit) and most of the gameboys and DS's. I have never even owned an xbox or playstation. I was loyal to nintendo, did they sell me a fucked up screen?
>>
File: kHG0Web[1].jpg (1017 KB, 2804x1844) Image search: [Google]
kHG0Web[1].jpg
1017 KB, 2804x1844
>>332136440
>How can I tell what screen I got?

Look at the screen sideways like pic related. If it looks washed out, you got the TN screen. If it still looks visible, you got IPS.

TN has a higher refresh rate than IPS, however. So it all really depends on what are pros and cons to you.

But I did hear TN has worse 3D effect than IPS. And well.. Nintendo is just being a cheap fuck trying to save a few pennies if they can.
>>
>>332132786
I remember you OP.

How does the normal N3DS compare with your old xl?

Is the screen resolution any better?
Is it more/less comfortable?
How's the build quality?
>>
File: raaKqQR[1].jpg (759 KB, 3876x1164) Image search: [Google]
raaKqQR[1].jpg
759 KB, 3876x1164
>>332137243

Another pic test.

Left is TN screen. Right is IPS.
>>
>>332137292
Hey brother anon from earlier. Good to hear from you. I only ever played on my friends regular sized first generation 3ds. Screen resolution is a "little" better. Pretty comfortable. And build quality is vastly superior. My friends 3ds top half was floppy right out of the box. The buttons, top half screen tightness, slider resistance is very much superior on the New 3ds. Only thing is that "smart 3d shit" that is supposed to optimize your 3d takes a mini-second to re-buffer with every little jolt. Not a problem really, but it didnt happen on the old one. Still the superior quality of the overall hardware is totally worth it. The top half of the DS doesnt flop around like a dying fish anymore.
>>
Different anon, how do i update cakes cfw ?
>>
>>332137430
OP here, just looked at mine from that angle, it looks more like right side of pic, but at that angle the 3d effect is still a bit fucked up. Normal straight on looks ok. But that mini-second rebuffer with every jolt is what made me thing Nintendo sold me a shit screen. Compared to the first generation 3ds its pretty much the same, Good resolution and everything, but that "smart 3d" makes every little jolt re-buffer the screen. Actually, the more I use it, it seems to do it less, is this a calibration thing? Thanks again anons for all replies. I really do appreciate them.
>>
>>332138743

I've only ever had this n3DS I have. The 3D is jittery just like yours, so I wouldnt be able to tell you if others are the same or not.. I am enjoying it though.

And no problem. Happy to help.
>>
>>332139912
thanks man, you anons are cool. Actually, the more I play it the less it does that little glitch every time I jolt it. Just playing normal it works great. Maybe it was a calibration thing? Dont know but it works fine. And I named my Animal Crossing town ElDorado(after my favorite western) Anyone on here playing Animal Crossing?
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.