[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
VR thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: Windlands-2D-screenshot-5.jpg (450 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Windlands-2D-screenshot-5.jpg
450 KB, 1920x1080
let's discuss what we like/dislike about this new technology and any games and ideas for games we might have

windlands looks really comfy. i could see it leading to better games. it looks to be purely atmospheric which seems like it'd definitely be fun as one of your first experiences with VR.

i can't wait to get one down the road in four, five years
>>
>>332123187
just watch a lets play for this game. looks pretty fun
>>
Anyone here own/use a VR machine? personal experiences? Is it really the future of gaming?
>>
>>332125410

I have a gear VR, and I hope VR displays replace TVs for games.
>>
>>332126325
how do you like it? do you think it's worth it? i've never been a console person but i'd definitely get a vive or oculus over the gear. can you play all the games availalble for vive/oculus on your gear or just a selection? do you think there are any major differences between the gear and a more powerful vr?
>>
>>332126667

Guess I'll just shill my in-the-works website. I made an article about my impressions.

https://digital-complex.com/games/117-land-s-end-and-first-impressions-of-vr

The TLDR version is basically that I was surprised at how immersive things can feel. I haven't tried Oculus Rift or Vive, but I'm excited to see what they bring to the table. Just having a 360degree 3D view adds a lot to a game.
>>
>>332125410
Get the PSVR if you really want to get into it and cant spare the money, or if you have the means, get the Vive. I've tried almost all the VR tech that most companies have been demoing, and those two stood out to me.

I absolutely think VR is going to explode. It is just ridiculous with what you can do with it, and experience.
>>
>>332127423
Do you need a playstation to use the PSVR? would you mind giving some insight as to why you would recommend the vive? i was most likely planning on getting the oculus since it's half the price of the vive.

but who knows what the costs will be in a few years when the software is further developed
>>
>>332127104
word of advice: have the text be black instead of grey. no one wants to strain their eyes trying to read your blog.
>>
>>332128118

I have to change the side tab in order to do that or I'm making one side more readable in exchange for making another section readable.

But thanks for the feedback. I'll change it soon.
>>
File: buff-potato.gif (4 MB, 477x263) Image search: [Google]
buff-potato.gif
4 MB, 477x263
Can't wait to get my hands on PSVR, I just hope units are available on retail this year, with everything instantly selling out online and launch stock already gone I'm afraid I'm only able to get it by early 2017

Can't wait to model shit in Dreams in VR.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVj9UngaJXc

Also want to play RIGS, 100ftTallRobot (gives me EDF vibes) and MegatonRainfall, as well as other VR multiplats. It goes without saying I'm very hyped for GranTurismo and AceCombat7 too but those aren't launch titles

>>332127957
>Do you need a playstation to use the PSVR?
Yes, I'm sure someone will find a way to mod it but unless you're into opening hardware and soldering cables it won't work on PC.
>>
>>332127957
You do need a PS4. The 499 bundle has everything you need besides the PS4 itself. Even considering that, the Oculus and Vive both require heavy duty PCs to run at the best quality for the experience.

I'm seeing a $200 price difference in the US (799 vive vs 599 oculus), but either way, I'd still recommend it. The demos I have done with the Vive have all been amazing. Even the simple ones have blown the Oculus out of the water IMO. Oculus is still good, but I feel the demos I've done with it just didn't deliver as well. I think it definitely had to do with the way motion is tracked between the two units, as the Vive uses more hardware to accomplish the VR (although it is more cumbersome because of it)
>>
>>332127957
rift is half the price of the vive because it doesn't come with tracked controllers and it has an inferior tracking system.
>>
>>332128949
>>332129076
cool thanks for the info. i hope in four years when i need to get a new laptop there'll be ones that can run VR optimally. or i might finally gave and get a desktop but laptops are the ultimate in cozy
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.